Chris Moyles Quits

I actually think Moyles is a very smart man. He gave the public what they wanted on the radio and I did hate him with a passion, but what I've seen of him lately, he seems really switched on. Hopefully he's going to do the big switch and will become a decent individual.

Not bothered one way or another to be honest, I don't voluntarily listen to Radio 1.

Radio 2 is where it's at.

Agreed.

Seems like being a raging homo is a prerequisite of getting work as a Radio Presenter at the BBC.

'Grimmie' gay.gif

Scott Mills gay.gif

Alan Carr gay.gif

Graham Norton gay.gif

Dale Winton gay.gif

I think their banter is pretty decent, I prefer listening to people talking on the radio rather than playing shitty pop music.

Radio 1 in the morning, then when they put on a shite song switch over to Radio 2, then if they put on a shite song switch back.

Radio 2 on the way home for me.

Shite jokes, employed his mate who was a techie as his co-presenter (Comedy Dave, as said before by numerous folk, an oxymoron). Hardly plays music as his apparent 'banter' is better and arse licks celebrity guests to extremes.

Stale and about time he left.

6Music is definitely the way to go, brilliant radio station. Shaun Keaveney does the breakfast show and is hilarious in a really clever, understated sort of a way... the very antithesis of Moyles.

I'll freely admit that I used to worship Chris Moyles about 12 years ago when he had the 'drive-time' late afternoon slot. Back then the music in the charts was dreadful (a mixture of garage and nu-metal, Christ save us!) and Moyles used to just rip the piss out of everything he played. He frequently had me laughing so hard on the way home that I was in danger of crashing the car. He went rapidly downhill not long after getting the morning show, probably as a result of nothing more complex than him believing his own hype. It's a pity he turned into such a nob, because beneath all the bluster (and the blubber) there is a very talented broadcaster waiting to get out again.

I switched to 6Music about 18 months ago and have never looked back. On the rare occasions I do find myself listening to Radio 1 I'm always struck by just how puerile it seems, and most of the music is garbage. Then again maybe I'm just getting old! :tommy:

6Music is definitely the way to go, brilliant radio station. Shaun Keaveney does the breakfast show and is hilarious in a really clever, understated sort of a way... the very antithesis of Moyles.

I'll freely admit that I used to worship Chris Moyles about 12 years ago when he had the 'drive-time' late afternoon slot. Back then the music in the charts was dreadful (a mixture of garage and nu-metal, Christ save us!) and Moyles used to just rip the piss out of everything he played. He frequently had me laughing so hard on the way home that I was in danger of crashing the car. He went rapidly downhill not long after getting the morning show, probably as a result of nothing more complex than him believing his own hype. It's a pity he turned into such a nob, because beneath all the bluster (and the blubber) there is a very talented broadcaster waiting to get out again.

I switched to 6Music about 18 months ago and have never looked back. On the rare occasions I do find myself listening to Radio 1 I'm always struck by just how puerile it seems, and most of the music is garbage. Then again maybe I'm just getting old! :tommy:

This^^^. Started listening to 6 Music on the radio at work a few months ago and it's such a breath of fresh air compared to the crap like Radio 1, Absolute Radio, XFM etc. that used to get put on.

Mark and Lard were ace. Takes me back to my early days of uni.

Radio 4 is where it's at. I like to waken up in the morning and hear an in depth analysis of the state of the nation. I like to listen to this when I go to my bed also. And I get a book read to me from 10.45 till 11.00.

The average age of a listener is 55 so I'm 18 years ahead of my time.

Radio 4 folks, the only shit thing on it is The Archers IMO.