Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

@Bebo I've been at 19.7k posts for about 3 years, no matter how much crap I post it stays the same, is it broken?

Fun fact; kids used to work in a snuff mill beside the don, next to where Ballantynes is. In 1837 kids under 8 were banned from working there and 8 to 12 years olds were stopped from working over 12 hours a day. It turned into a fabric mill soon after, became famous for making Crombie coats, the only place they were ever made.

Thanks for reading.

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

@Bebo I've been at 19.7k posts for about 3 years, no matter how much crap I post it stays the same, is it broken?

Fun fact; kids used to work in a snuff mill beside the don, next to where Ballantynes is. In 1837 kids under 8 were banned from working there and 8 to 12 years olds were stopped from working over 12 hours a day. It turned into a fabric mill soon after, became famous for making Crombie coats, the only place they were ever made.

Thanks for reading.

This was mentioned here a while back.  I knew about the Crombie coats (obviously and I have one of theirs) but didn't know about the snuff mill.

• Upvote 1
  • Admin
10 hours ago, daytripping said:

Didn't think you'd be one for caring about post counts.

To test it out, I've temporarily bumped your posts from 19,684 to 19,999, so your next post should tick it over to 20k.

13 hours ago, daytripping said:

Thanks for reading.

When the Mills used to be open I used to run past there loads of times .

Shame when it closed down.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Have you ever deliberately got the cops to chase you Buc knowing you could outrun them?  

Used to run against the army in mountain races they were nowhere .

Same with police in road races as far as I know .

Even at 65 you could say I'd like a chasie but I would have to do something bad.

But your right I would love a chase from them.😁.

Funny you should bring that up it's something I've always wanted to do.

33 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Used to run against the army in mountain races they were nowhere .

Same with police in road races as far as I know .

Even at 65 you could say I'd like a chasie but I would have to do something bad.

But your right I would love a chase from them.😁.

Funny you should bring that up it's something I've always wanted to do.

Just commit a violent sexual assault then run away.  Would be a bloody good laugh for you.

• Haha 2

Had a walk along South College Street the other day. What has actually been done vs time taken to do the work... well words fail me. Highlights include there being practically no pavement along a stretch and a cycle lane that stops and starts so often that cyclists will probably choose to use the road instead.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Howard Marks said:

Had a walk along South College Street the other day. What has actually been done vs time taken to do the work... well words fail me. Highlights include there being practically no pavement along a stretch and a cycle lane that stops and starts so often that cyclists will probably choose to use the road instead.

Aberdeen City council at it’s finest. Bunch of wanks, I’ve had to have meetings with them before and the staggering lack of common sense is off the scale.

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Aberdeen City council at it’s finest. Bunch of wanks, I’ve had to have meetings with them before and the staggering lack of common sense is off the scale.

Have you? You've never mentioned meeting with the council and trying to invest your millions into the city before.

You should tell that story min.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Have you? You've never mentioned meeting with the council and trying to invest your millions into the city before.

You should tell that story min.

Well feel free to invest cash into the city if you want, place is a fucking disgrace. I tried my best and I’m out. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, please elaborate. I’m not lying about anything never have done on here. Nae point, who gives a fuck.

I don't need to elaborate.

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

I got that, I'm just excited to be able to drink.

Duncanos nae cutting the mustard? 

Sheps Rest in the sun is nae 3 bad tbh.