Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

Spoke to my taxi driving mate about getting tourism going again in our wonderful city.

He said we should make the harbour area into lady shops and strip clubs like they have in Amsterdam .

He reckoned that would bring in tourists get our bars and hotels  busy again .

I don't agree with him but I'm sure it would work,  but we need to look at improving the city in other ways that would relight our city again .

The city centre is fast becoming a deserted town.

Guest milne_afc

What Aberdeen or more importantly Union Street needs is a canopy the width and length of the street to create an indoor shopping and dining experience, all under one roof. If that doesn’t do it, throw in a light show. Aberdeen is crazy about light shows.

Additionally, eradicate the street urchins and drug users. Ban smoking. Build a self propelled transport system.

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

A ‘red’ light district in Aberdeen has the obvious potential to be affiliated with the football team. 

Red shite district 😂

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Spoke to my taxi driving mate about getting tourism going again in our wonderful city.

He said we should make the harbour area into lady shops and strip clubs like they have in Amsterdam .

He reckoned that would bring in tourists get our bars and hotels  busy again .

I don't agree with him but I'm sure it would work,  but we need to look at improving the city in other ways that would relight our city again .

The city centre is fast becoming a deserted town.

When the red light area was a tolerence zone there were blokes who would travel here for it.

Not sure they were the kind of tourists the cooncil want but cash is cash. Worth a try.

Gash For Cash as the slogan. 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

When the red light area was a tolerence zone there were blokes who would travel here for it.

Not sure they were the kind of tourists the cooncil want but cash is cash. Worth a try.

Gash For Cash as the slogan. 

😁

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/a-guide-to-amsterdams-red-light-district#:~:text=Despite the changes%2C more than 290 red-lit window,oldest building%2C the 14th-century Oude Kerk (Old Church).

5 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Just saw that I was away to post. I reckon I must have just witnessed the worst ever Brent date (guess it must have been a first on tinder or something) 

Took CRIN to another level.

Holy fuck this boy is basically a billionaire, broken world records and saved dying kids. Best bit was he didn’t want to boast about it. Outstanding fabrication.

If it is someone on here fair play if you got a ride out of it.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Just saw that I was away to post. I reckon I must have just witnessed the worst ever Brent date (guess it must have been a first on tinder or something) 

Holy fuck this boy is basically a billionaire, broken world records and saved dying kids. Best bit was he didn’t want to boast about it. Outstanding fabrication.

peaky.gif

8 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Didn't realise you were bent Fridgeo. Hope you enjoyed the date bud.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
Just now, Don Fonte said:

Didn't realise you were bent Fridgeo. Hope you enjoyed the date bud.

You got sense out of that shite??

Can you translate for the world?

I thank you. 

5 hours ago, milne_afc said:

What Aberdeen or more importantly Union Street needs is a canopy the width and length of the street to create an indoor shopping and dining experience, all under one roof. If that doesn’t do it, throw in a light show. Aberdeen is crazy about light shows.

Additionally, eradicate the street urchins and drug users. Ban smoking. Build a self propelled transport system.

What Aberdeen needs is to have some sort of philosophy for the future that is not driven by political career fuckwits. 

Give folk a lease for free in places in town for a year if you have a viable business plan or something.

Union Street is like a ghost town, surely giving young folk a chance obvious option.

Alright I’m nae likely to be going to some random coffee or clothes shop I’ve never heard of but at least give it a chance. Better than boarded up windows. Absolutely fucking no idea why they don’t encourage investment and giving folk a chance.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
3 minutes ago, Fridge said:

What Aberdeen needs is to have some sort of philosophy for the future that is not driven by political career fuckwits. 

Give folk a lease for free in places in town for a year if you have a viable business plan or something.

Union Street is like a ghost town, surely giving young folk a chance obvious option.

Alright I’m nae likely to be going to some random coffee or clothes shop I’ve never heard of but at least give it a chance. Better than boarded up windows. Absolutely fucking no idea why they don’t encourage investment and giving folk a chance.

200w.gif

4 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

200w.gif

Ach I’m on a rant. Monday, folk been pissing me off at work as usual and never a good idea dealing with that on a Monday when I might be inclined to snap.

I have learned just to pretend I am taking onboard what they are saying and hope they appreciate that I am listening to them though. (Which I’m not)

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
54 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Ach I’m on a rant. Monday, folk been pissing me off at work as usual and never a good idea dealing with that on a Monday when I might be inclined to snap.

I have learned just to pretend I am taking onboard what they are saying and hope they appreciate that I am listening to them though. (Which I’m not)

I cannae follow it Fridge pal. 

Useless old cunt that I am. 

7 hours ago, Fridge said:

Least Broadie will be a better place all round soon enough lad.

Keep the heid.

I share your sentiments on Aberdeen however. 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Fridgeo for First Minister. He'll make it law that every cunt just gets along and buys each other pints. He'll get my vote.

I reckon my manifesto of tax rebates if you buy a season ticket at Pittodrie, capital punishment for any bigoted song, illegal to get offended by any woke shit that is in no way remotely offensive might be a vote winner.

12 hours ago, Fridge said:

Whatever happened to the policy of promoting "pop up" bars/restaurants/cafes/shops etc that started to become prevalent before covid - seemed to work well in other cities

13 hours ago, Fridge said:

@findlay_1903 this you?