How Long Does Brown Have Left?

He'll be here until the end of the season and then we'll part ways regardless of how this season goes.

I would've liked a new Manager in for this season in all honesty, but I understand that it doesn't make sense to bin him with less than a year to go on his contract, thus having to pay out compo again.

Just hope we have started succession planning for the next appointment.

Apart from Adams, it's difficult to see where our next Manager is coming from tbh.

He'll be here until the end of the season and then we'll part ways regardless of how this season goes.

I would've liked a new Manager in for this season in all honesty, but I understand that it doesn't make sense to bin him with less than a year to go on his contract, thus having to pay out compo again.

Just hope we have started succession planning for the next appointment.

Apart from Adams, it's difficult to see where our next Manager is coming from tbh.

Whoever took over from Calderwood was going to struggle, same with Mcghee - but whoever comes in now has a monumental task to turn this club around, we are in all reality now a bona-fide bottom six team!

He should have been sat down over the summer and said the key this year was to try and get fans back with a more entertaining brand of football.

For that I'd give him up to about 10 or so games allowing new players to get bedded in and if this is nae happening, might be time to call it a day with him.

I'm certainly nae calling for his head yet, as he has done well enough in the market this summer, addressing problem areas. A couple of strange/not so faovurable decisions so far and I am still utterly confused by the system he used for the first half at the weekend, but will give him more time to find the best setup for this season. For example, we looked a lot livelier second half at the weekend when he went to a more balanced system (though was partly forced by injury). If he sticks with that in the coming games, it will please me, if he resorts to bizarre lopsided 4-4-2s with round pegs in square holes, I may not be so happy.

He should have been sat down over the summer and said the key this year was to try and get fans back with a more entertaining brand of football.

For that I'd give him up to about 10 or so games allowing new players to get bedded in and if this is nae happening, might be time to call it a day with him.

I'm certainly nae calling for his head yet, as he has done well enough in the market this summer, addressing problem areas. A couple of strange/not so faovurable decisions so far and I am still utterly confused by the system he used for the first half at the weekend, but will give him more time to find the best setup for this season. For example, we looked a lot livelier second half at the weekend when he went to a more balanced system (though was partly forced by injury). If he sticks with that in the coming games, it will please me, if he resorts to bizarre lopsided 4-4-2s with round pegs in square holes, I may not be so happy.

Aye we looked good last 20 minutes on saturday due to the three subs, but how much do you think brown learned (if anything) from those changes i.e. will he go with Fraser and Magennis who did so well after coming on or stick to his guns and swamp the midfield.

Aye we looked good last 20 minutes on saturday due to the three subs, but how much do you think brown learned (if anything) from those changes i.e. will he go with Fraser and Magennis who did so well after coming on or stick to his guns and swamp the midfield.

With McGinn out, I think he will go with Fraser (maybe too adventurous) next week, but I'd expect to stick with a central midfield 3 rather than go to an orthodox 4-4-2.

On the showing in the second half I'd go:

RW: Fraser

CM: Hughes

CM: Jack/Milsom

LW: Hayes

ST: Vernon

ST: Magennis

Could see Brown going with a midfield including Rae, Hughes, Jack, Milsom with Hayes supporting Vernon.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2887829

He's not giving the "it's not my team" excuse anymore now at least.

Just summed it up perfectly himself. No excuses now.

Personally can't see him changing his ways and personally think he could be binned by Xmas with not too much compo to pay out. Alternatively in no danger of relegation our board will just let his contract run out in front of 5000 crowds

I think it would be quite difficult to given that every player in the squad now has signed a contract under Brown's tenure, other than Pawlett and Paton. Actually, Pawlett may have, I can't remember when he signed on.

Pretty sure Pawlett signed the same time as Jack's first one, unless he's signed a new deal since then?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/mark-mcghee-tips-peter-pawlett-1043051

Whoever took over from Calderwood was going to struggle, same with Mcghee - but whoever comes in now has a monumental task to turn this club around, we are in all reality now a bona-fide bottom six team!

Think thats a little extreme, yes we have been bottom six last few years but dont think there is a doubt, that we now have one of the best squads we have had in years. Always felt that this season, depended on how attacking Brown was whether we had a good season or not with the squad we now have. Playing 3 center mid's and only 1 wide player at home to Ross County wasnt a good start.

Certainly dont think County will go down they are very stuffy but games at home to them are games you have to go all out for victory. Chance wasted really. Brown has the players now needs to let them off the leash.

i would expect brown to see out his contract then go, but i would say this will deffo be Knox's last season, he never sticks around at clubs for too long mainly because he is so hated after a couple of years!

and i would say brown and Knox are a team remember when Brown was first offered job and turned us down was because Knox refused to leave Motherwell only changed his mind after Brown talked him round.

I would expect Brown to be given asday on his successor (so for that reason expect someone like McAllister, Collins or Davies) he has history remember of showing loyalty to former players/ colleagues of his.

If the club is serious about having a better future, it must be thinking now about who should replace Brown at the end of the season. Common sense says he should retire gracefully, having done the job he was given to fend of relegation, stabilise the team and build a decent squad. Hopefully the board have someone in mind and will make the right choice at the right time.

If the club is serious about having a better future, it must be thinking now about who should replace Brown at the end of the season. Common sense says he should retire gracefully, having done the job he was given to fend of relegation, stabilise the team and build a decent squad. Hopefully the board have someone in mind and will make the right choice at the right time.

And hopefully meaning nae fucking about in the summer so the new manager can come straight in and get his signings done.

He has too long left, should be shifted on as he is coming up short. He's a one trick pony tactically, and can't/won't take the necessary risks to change a game and go for it. From another thread, but translates well here;

Now is the time to build and really have a go at this league, which could really shape things for the future.

Brown is very much the wrong person to be in charge at the moment, we need a young adventurous manager to use what Brown has developed (which is a reasonable defensive unit) and grab this opportunity by getting a team that attacks well.

Under Brown and Knox we aren't going to get that flair irrespective of the players that are available to them.

Treading water and playing it safe for another season when the league is one where second should be the bare minimum target would be utterly unforegivable.

Now is the time for change.