Gothenburg Anniversary Dinner 11Th May 2013

Dynamo

• Site Sponsor

I see there's a mention for tonights function in todays Sun.

The article about Willie speaking about the final and at the end how he set about organising tonight.

As usual anything reported in the Sun is pish.

Willie is involved as speaker and we have certainly had several meetings with him but the event is being organised by Stand Free Youth Development set up and sponsored by Fyfe Moir & Associates.

There are, of course, more Committee members than just RTYD and me all of whom deserve mention and plaudits for involvement.

Willie is not a Committee member of SFYD.

I suspect that Willie didn't quote the reported comment to the Sun - more than likely these clowns heard about the function and couldn't be bothered finding out who organised the event so just reported as they saw fit.

The purpose of the event is not to give whomsoever a pat on the back - it's about raising funds for the future of youth development at Aberdeen FC.

Hopefully Stand Free Youth Development will raise a substantial sum which will help Simmie and his team do just that.

• Upvote 5

Willie is involved as speaker and we have certainly had several meetings with him but the event is being organised by Stand Free Youth Development set up and sponsored by Fyfe Moir & Associates.

There are, of course, more Committee members than just RTYD and me all of whom deserve mention and plaudits for involvement.

I suspect that Willie didn't quote the reported comment to the Sun - more than likely these clowns heard about the function and couldn't be bothered finding out who organised the event so just reported as they saw fit.

The purpose of the event is not to give whomsoever a pat on the back - it's about raising funds for the future of youth development at Aberdeen FC.

Hopefully Stand Free Youth Development will raise a substantial sum which will help Simmie and his team do just that.

Indeed.

You're right it's not about mutual backslapping, it's about helping out our great club with aide in developing our future in youth.

Here's to a great night and hoping people dig deep at the auction and raffle.

I know they are cunts having had experience with them recently myself.

Direct quotes though.

He said: “We had dinners for the 20th and 25th anniversaries. But there was nothing planned for the 30th.

“So I put together a wee event for Saturday night with the aim of raising funds for the club’s youth development programme, now headed by Neil Simpson.

“There’s a good number of the Gothenburg boys turning up for it.

• Site Sponsor

Boof, direct quote or not we have done all of the work on this. Willie, Kevin Davidson and others have helped and Willie's greatest assistance will be tonight because as entertaining as me and Dom are no-one gives a flying fuck what we have to say about Gothenburg.

At the end of the day it's all about raising as much cash as we can to give to the youth development at Pittodrie.

We plan to make this an annual event and Dom and RTYD will again be at the forefront and using a chunk of our hard earned on the sponsorship. Others are being invited to join us but you won't have heard of them and they will work tirelessly in the background.

good night last night although didnt get coffee after meal! thought all players were excellent especially Kennedy, and yes Eric Black escaped unscathed! got my picture taken and quick word with him, seems a real gent, would make good manager for some club!

Must say thought it was atough gig for the supposed comedian, not a good start when he said "ive just come down to Scotland"

Fair play to Roberto, £1600 into the fund after his auction win, :applause:

Well played son.

Were you there lastnight dayts?

Brilliant night, same as Karl absolutely smashed. Great to meet some more Hatters too like Karl Fletcher, rgudon (who was at my table) and even London Scottish who was sound as fuck.

Thanks to everyone who made it an enjoyable night :)

I would have liked to have met LS. Put a face to the name.

You're right though.

A fantastic night with hopefully lots of dosh raised for the yoof team.

Really enjoyed myself and even got a decent blether with McLeish in Albyn later on. Sound as fuck.

Great night and a huge well done to RTYD, Dom and whomever else that helps out. Really good night....... Apart from the 'comedian' he died on his arse.

Oh ma heid. Brilliant, brilliant night. RTYD, Dom, and everyone involved in organising last night, I tip my hat to you. Left with something money can't buy.bazu7uba.jpg

Was that you waving that about?

I saw someone waving the record album sleeve about

If it was you, I was on table 44, just over from you.

Pleased to report that EBFB managed to restrain himself and Erib Black seemed to go home unmolested.