I'm In A Mood To Celebrate

looksgoodinred

LGIR, how come you were over from Canada, who were you staying with, how long here for and did you have/are you having a good time?

I came to see the match. I stayed at a hotel. I was there 4 days (did you not notice the good weather I brought with me?) and I did have a good time! :-) walked about for hours on end to see favourite places, and explored some new ones. Saw the Dons win at home. And had haggis. :sheepdance:

To be fair, its much easier to get from Canada to Aberdeen than it is from Portsoy to Aberdeen.

Portsoy to Inverness is much worse.

Have you seen the state of the road between Fochabers and Inverness?

I've not, despite attending many Dons games in recent times.

I tend to take a 362 mile detour to avoid it.

Is the bypass in Fochabers finished? last time I was up that way that was the only bad bit of road, If it's done I could drive Aberdeen to Inverness in an hour. :sherlock:

To be fair, its much easier to get from Canada to Aberdeen than it is from Portsoy to Aberdeen.

No it isn't.

Correct.

Is the bypass in Fochabers finished? last time I was up that way that was the only bad bit of road, If it's done I could drive Aberdeen to Inverness in an hour. :sherlock:

Impossible. Fochabers isn't the problem. It's the road from Fochabers to Inverness that's the issue at hand.

Aye, ages ago.

Not quite ages ago. A few months at best. Made a reasonable difference to the Fochabers to Elgin route. Elgin to Inverness remains passable with extreme caution.

I've discussed this with a mate before, If the road from Aberdeen to Inverness was cleared of all traffic a la rally style I reckon it could be done in an hour, you'd need to average just over 100mph but it's doable. :sherlock:

Porsche 911 would be my weapon of choice, corners like it's on rails.

"If in doubt,flat out"as Colin McRae used to say before he flew the canopy of his helicopter into the canopy of the Lanarkshire rain forest.

I've discussed this with a mate before, If the road from Aberdeen to Inverness was cleared of all traffic a la rally style I reckon it could be done in an hour, you'd need to average just over 100mph but it's doable. :sherlock:

Porsche 911 would be my weapon of choice, corners like it's on rails.

That isn't going to happen though so it's a ridiculous claim.