Sevco Thread

I would pay a significant chunk for the whole of the RDS to have a Dons Send Gers Down banner. And if they're still shutting the top of the RDS for games (I don't think they are still are they ?) they should stick that banner on the top tier...

Dinna like it min.

I ken the headline it refers to, but it suggests they were relegated rather then the actuality of ceasing to exist.

Any banner needs to underline and absolutely emphasise that they are not the same club and never will be.

That's what riles them...sends them apoplectic, more than anything.

Will also have to do away with references to the now defunct "Rangers" in any of our chants.

All it does is lend credence to the same club lie.

• Upvote 2

Whatever happens when they eventually roll up to pittodrie, hopefully the club will finally see sense and stop giving those shit bags 3000 tickets in the south stand. Half their allocation and let us fill the place with aberdeen fans. Winds me right up seeing the amount of tickets we needlessly give Celtic and used to give the huns.

It's not needless though?

That very much depends on your point of view. We're not forced to give them that amount, it's a conscious decision by the club. Is an extra few quid we get from selling the tickets to them as opposed to our own fans worth it when you then take into account the extra support it provides their team, the extra cost of stewarding and policing etc. especially in the current climate when we are doing well, there is a feel good factor around the team and crowds are up, we shouldn't be giving that many tickets to them or anyone.

• Upvote 1

Whatever happens when they eventually roll up to pittodrie, hopefully the club will finally see sense and stop giving those shit bags 3000 tickets in the south stand. Half their allocation and let us fill the place with aberdeen fans. Winds me right up seeing the amount of tickets we needlessly give Celtic and used to give the huns.

We've never given them 3000 tickets before as we've never played them home or away. You are maybe confusing The Rangers with the old club that was called Rangers.

While looking to see if Phil Macgiollabhain had posted anything new Jim Traynor came up on google as 'people also searched for' and found this charming piece from about a year ago.

RANGERS today confirmed that Director of Communications Jim Traynor has parted company with the club.

The former BBC and Daily Record journalist joined the club in December last year, after 37 years as a sports writer.

His final newspaper column criticised bloggers and journalists, calling them ‘despicable, pathetic little creatures’ due to their coverage of Rangers’ financial problems.

He wrote: “Perhaps in time more will be written about this kind of hack and the rabid desire to help bring down Rangers, a fierce desire that, sadly, was widespread.

“Was it always there, a dormant fury against Rangers and their fans, who deserve enormous credit for having saved their club, just waiting for the catalyst?”

He added: “My work here is done and I’m glad – but just for the record, I’ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain, but my conscience won’t allow me to stay in our profession.

“The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets.”

Didn't know i could hate this smarmy gobshite more but it turns out i could. These terrible people pointing out that his 'succulent lamb' friend David Murray didn't actually put any of his money into the club and ruined it, not just Messurs Whyte+Green.

Oh and also Jim...Rangers FC formed 1872 NO LONGER EXIST

Oh and also Jim...Rangers FC formed 1872 NO LONGER EXIST

He was well aware of this.

From the Retard of June 13th 2012:

Well, they should get their pumps and tap shoes tied up because it won’t be long now. Yesterday the CVA proposal put forward on behalf of Charles Green by administrators Duff and Phelps was rejected by HMRC.

They didn’t even wait until tomorrow’s creditors’ meeting, although that will still go ahead.

But Rangers FC won’t. They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended.

No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/james-traynor-spl-will-not-be-able-1129166

• Upvote 2

So...He said they were dead, then got a job at Sevco as communications director and suddenly decided that they weren't dead after all!

Got to love his honesty, morals and scruples as a journo- reports on the financial melt down at oldco then ends up calling himself a ‘despicable, pathetic little creature’ for doing so.

"I was asked to remain, but my conscience won’t allow me to stay in our profession. The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets"

Or maybe i am reading it wrong. he actually has a conscience and realised he was a two faced rat, complicit in the sham of SMSM and fell on his sword!!! Or perhaps not. Shame he got the heave ho less than a year later eh?