Sevco Thread

Boycotts simply wont work. Our support and the Scotland support simply have too many people who would go to the game anyway. It would look stupid and is a complete non starter.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know that it appears that Celtic is the only club in the land who's hierarchy seems to value its supporters. The only way anything will be done is through pressure being applied. That has to come through all the supporters groups and associations of all other clubs outside Sevco coming together and putting pressure on our clubs, the SFA, the SPFL and even the wider footballing families to get this addressed. I have no idea how to do that or to achieve it, but a petition organised by all supporters groups and sent to all our clubs and both national and international governing bodies might be a start. Justice for the years of cheating is important but arguably more important is the gutting of the SFA and the SPFL.

Boycotts simply wont work. Our support and the Scotland support simply have too many people who would go to the game anyway. It would look stupid and is a complete non starter.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know that it appears that Celtic is the only club in the land who's hierarchy seems to value its supporters. The only way anything will be done is through pressure being applied. That has to come through all the supporters groups and associations of all other clubs outside Sevco coming together and putting pressure on our clubs, the SFA, the SPFL and even the wider footballing families to get this addressed. I have no idea how to do that or to achieve it, but a petition organised by all supporters groups and sent to all our clubs and both national and international governing bodies might be a start. Justice for the years of cheating is important but arguably more important is the gutting of the SFA and the SPFL.

It would work if attendances were down 20 to 30 K . Playing in a half empty stadium , looks shite and revenues down . There is already and apathy for the national team just look at the last friendly . What if no cunt turned up to that ? Would scare the shit out the SFA

What will be the words of week by fans here will be

Doing fuck all.

I will state my policy

I will not attend any cup competition or international games under the auspicious of the SPFL and SFA

Or buy any merchandise branded by them

How about not using Ladbrokes betfred or William hill either

Agreed. Certainly this attitude of "well if you're not punishing them I'm not taking responsibility for it either" has to be cut off. Following yesterday's verdict either they were guilty of it all, not just the parts they/LNS fancied, or they were guilty but the SFA's incompetence/fear/base corruption was sufficient that they got away with it, which they basically did. It has to be one or the other or preferably even both. But neither is no longer an option.

It would work if attendances were down 20 to 30 K . Playing in a half empty stadium , looks shite and revenues down . There is already and apathy for the national team just look at the last friendly . What if no cunt turned up to that ? Would scare the shit out the SFA

No it wouldn't. We and Scotland have a core support that would turn up regardless and no matter what. It will just look like we have rubbish attendances which we already have anyway. Its a really pathetic and stupid idea.

What will be the words of week by fans here will be

Doing fuck all.

I will state my policy

I will not attend any cup competition or international games under the auspicious of the SPFL and SFA

Or buy any merchandise branded by them

How about not using Ladbrokes betfred or William hill either

I don't think boycotts work. Numbers just tail off and they blame Scottish football. Actively asking the club difficult questions, and it's never been easier to do so with social media and email, shows them that it means something to us. Very few people at the club have spent as much of a % of their income following the club as the fans do and sometimes the issues that are greatly important to us can be lost on them.

Give them a chance, ask questions and then if it turns out that yeah, you can cheat all you want and face no consequences then we're all within our right to turn our backs on the game.

Why would anyone continue to follow something that is so openly supportive of blatant cheating?

Have you seen recent attendances at Hampden?!

I'm already boycotting the national team (at Hampden, I'm all booked up for Lithuania ?? ?? ?? ?? ??)

Whats your suggestion then ?

I don't have one, if I did then I'd say it but I do know that any idea of Boycott's are incredibly stupid.

I do like the message put out by the DST. If anything a start would be to throw weight behind that. Email the club let them know your feelings in a clear constructive manner and they may take it on board. I very much doubt it though I have no faith in our or any other club outside Celtic to rock the boat.

No it wouldn't. We and Scotland have a core support that would turn up regardless and no matter what. It will just look like we have rubbish attendances which we already have anyway. Its a really pathetic and stupid idea.

You don't think if there was a petition with 100k names on it stating . "i will not attend International games until Newco are stripped of there 20 titles " they are not going to sit up and take fucking notice ?

Bar the England game, attendances for Scotland games are already down around that mark. They don't seem to care too much

It was only the threat of fans boycotting matches that put Sevco down to the 3rd division. This action has proved to work in the past and is the only threat that football clubs understand.

in to. It's incredible how it seeps into your vocabulary isn't it?

Bit simplistic to say that, depends on if Lance was one of them or not.

Can't help but feel that any club outside Sevco or Celtic would have had their titles stripped long ago.

No, in fact they would never have been in the position to win them in the first place.

The only reason the EBT scam ran so long was because the so called authorities were complicit in it.

I now firmly believe that organised crime is behind all this SFA stuff. Would need a mafioso style investigation.

• Upvote 1

You don't think if there was a petition with 100k names on it stating . "i will not attend International games until Newco are stripped of there 20 titles " they are not going to sit up and take fucking notice ?

Possibly they will. Potentially they could just ignore it and see what happens. Its a better idea than a boycott for sure but its the SPFL that need to act not the SFA to do the majority of the stripping. I think as far as the SFA are concerned you'd be better appealing to them to remove the current folk in charge.

No, in fact they would never have been in the position to win them in the first place.

The only reason the EBT scam ran so long was because the so called authorities were complicit in it.

I now firmly believe that organised crime is behind all this SFA stuff. Would need a mafioso style investigation.

Yeah your spot on there.

There is certainly something wrong. I'm beginning to think the most important thing here isn't stripping any titles but actually gutting the SFA and SPFL. They are the root of all the problems.

Shamelessly copied from another site , 100 % echo's my feelings

Now that what has been blindingly obvious to us since this whole pantomime came to light - they CHEATED - has been confirmed, three things need to happen:

1. Regan and Doncaster must resign immediately. Their behaviour in protecting the entities at Ibrox in the last 7 years has left them brutally compromised after today's ruling.
2. The Lord Nimmo Smith Commission ruling must be declared void. No need for a new commission - the Court of Session and Supreme Court have already made a decision that can be interpreted simply - they gained unfair sporting advantage by CHEATING.
3. An appropriate football penalty must be imposed by the SFA and SPFL. Under the 5-Way agreement, footballing liabilities transfer to the new entity - Sevco - therefore the new club must be held to account.

It's interesting reading the BBC pieces today and seeing them bend over backwards to state that this ruling has no impact on the current "company that runs Rangers". This is boll0cks - of course it has to affect them. They are the continuation of the entity that died in 2012 and under the 5-way agreement have to be liable for footballing penalties. In any case, how can anyone deny they are not a phoenix organization when 3 of the current Directors are the very same that were in place prior to liquidation?

Will be interesting to see what happens next. Our Chairman's position is to implore us to "move on". Sorry Stewart - no chance! I, for one shelled out cash and emotional energy following Aberdeen FC, and all the while one club was financially doping itself to the point we could not compete. This industrial scale cheating cannot be allowed to be forgotten about.

• Upvote 1

Apathy.

Nothing will change

So why bother?

SFA/SPFL need a strong Rangers, this is what we have to put up with.

I'm not saying it's right. But you won't convince them otherwise

Agree with your sentiments (sadly) but don't accept the base premise. Either they're a new club that we need and should be freely acknowledged as such or they're the old club that we can penalise as the charges merit. What are they going to do? Boycott? They have the same issue with that as we have.

If the SFA were in charge of cycling Lance Armstrong would not be classed as a cheat.

Indeed.

He'd be the worlds most successful cyclist.

And his fans would be a shower of triumphalist, supremacist wanks.

EDIT: in fact, there would probably be a young fresh faced 20 year old cyclist who changed his name to Lance Armstrong freely competing and claiming all the titles of the old one.

Who the fuck do we e-mail? Just a name will do, I'll find out the rest myself

Duncan Fraser is the SPFL man at our club

Would also be worth emailing Milne

Pointless emailing the SFA and SPFL, better to get the club to put pressure on them for us.

Might be worth getting in touch with the supporters trust. See if they are organising anything.

I don't think boycotts work. Numbers just tail off and they blame Scottish football. Actively asking the club difficult questions, and it's never been easier to do so with social media and email, shows them that it means something to us. Very few people at the club have spent as much of a % of their income following the club as the fans do and sometimes the issues that are greatly important to us can be lost on them.

Give them a chance, ask questions and then if it turns out that yeah, you can cheat all you want and face no consequences then we're all within our right to turn our backs on the game.

Why would anyone continue to follow something that is so openly supportive of blatant cheating?

I agree to some extent.

What we need is the threat of mass boycotts - that's what works.

Individuals choosing not to go to games in protest has no effect really.

You will never get folk like Miller and other pundits who earn a living from the Glasgow media getting involved in this.

The fact that Rangers blatently hid these side letters, which detailed the EBTs and the actual amount of money that was hidden from the tax man, shows that even somebody as shite at accounts as Willie can see that a sporting advantage was definetly had.

Jim Spence is also putting his balls on the line too, despite him allegedly having his life put in danger when he spoke out regrding the Huns in the past.

There are plenty people of a non Hun presusian on Radio Scotland; Willie, Spency, Cosgrove, Preston, Liam McLoed, Richard Gordon. Bring it on