League Cup Semi Finals

It's our worst run in history, for not making a final, since making our first final in 1946.

18 years with no trophy, I mind when we used to taunt hearts about their trophy less run.

1937 was actually Aberdeen's first cup final appearance, losing 2-1 to Shellic in the Scottish Cup Final in front of a European record crowd for a football match between two league sides (137,000). Hampden itself then set the record for a European football match only a week later, when 147,000 turned out to watch Scotland play England.

Since we first won something in 1947, this is indeed the longest we have ever gone without winning something. And it is also our worst run without a cup final since first appearing in one.

So it's official: we are now worse than at any time since before WWII. Or to put it another way: since the club first started to become relevant and prominent in the national game and win/compete for things, we have never been worse than we are now.

Thanks, Milne. No really, thanks.

:suicide:

1937 was actually Aberdeen's first cup final appearance, losing 2-1 to Shellic in the Scottish Cup Final in front of a European record crowd for a football match between two league sides (137,000). Hampden itself then set the record for a European football match only a week later, when 147,000 turned out to watch Scotland play England.

Since we first won something in 1947, this is indeed the longest we have ever gone without winning something. And it is also our worst run without a cup final since first appearing in one.

So it's official: we are now worse than at any time since before WWII. Or to put it another way: since the club first started to become relevant and prominent in the national game and win/compete for things, we have never been worse than we are now.

Thanks, Milne. No really, thanks.

:suicide:

My grandad was at that game. Sounds mental that crowd like

It's our worst run in history, for not making a final, since making our first final in 1946.

18 years with no trophy, I mind when we used to taunt hearts about their trophy less run.

Chin up ffs,when you do win your next cup,the wait will make it more enjoyable.

• Upvote 3

Well...they were European champions that season.

Looking at the results though, we drew both league games with them.

3 years later in 1970 (when they were runners up in European Cup, we beat them 3 times in a row, all in Glasgow.

2-1 league 69-70

3-1 SC Final 69-70

1-0 league 70-71

Brilliant

Well...they were European champions that season.

Looking at the results though, we drew both league games with them.

3 years later in 1970 (when they were runners up in European Cup, we beat them 3 times in a row, all in Glasgow.

2-1 league 69-70

3-1 SC Final 69-70

1-0 league 70-71

They really should have been European Champions that year too.

A bit of complacency I think, lost it for them.

This was my first cup final.

Huge support in a 108,000 crowd. Put into perspective that's twice what hampden holds now.

I'm sure back then we were run by real men who didn't believe that 'success' was Top 6 football.

A club like Aberdeen should be fighting for success, real success, every year.

Now we have Milne who, while massively successful in his own field, is an absolute fucking abortion as Chairman of a Football club, with all the drive, vision and ambition of someone dossing down on Union Street of an evening.

His tenure has swung from ludicrous overspending and zero investment to ludicrous underspending and zero investment, punctuated by relegation battles, spiraling debts, humiliation on the field, horrific managerial appointments, declining crowds, and idiotic financial decisions.

So, that's Stewart Milne.

Do you work for the club? Justiying a loss to St Mirren? Ever? Fuck off.

Em, we drew with them - both over 90 minutes and after extra time.

We lost on penalties - which, as we all know, are a lottery.

I was at the game and couldn't get to upset about it as I thought there were plenty of heartening aspects.

St Mirren never looked like scoring in the 2nd half until Anderon's fuck up and it was good to see Brown through caution to the wind with his substitutions and the excellent contributions of youngsters such as Fraser and Smith in a pressure situation - We had 2 wingers taking men on and firing in crosses for half the tie and I can't remember the last time I saw that.

We also displayed good fighting qualities, if not the football we are capable of.

Night and day from the last 3 or 4 years

You must be quite an angry person in general?

Imagine losing on penalties to a team a whole six points behind us in the league and that finished above us last season...

Ach, he'll be confusing anger with frustration,we've all been there.It doesnae feel good getting beat, especially going into a game with high hopes,Christ,that's another place we all frequent,that's fitbaw.

Aberdeen and hibs are the two most improved teams so far this season,your team is heading in the right direction,everybody must see that at least.You have a chance to take out your disappointment on the Raggies tomorrow,if you can beat their impressive GK.

Look on the bright side,you wont have to go to that cesspit,AKA weegieville.