New Mixer !

Bluto10

Lager would be seconds, not sure about ale.

ale is easier, less gas.

i honed my downing skills from a young age on lager. i dont have the 2 sec ability to oopne my throat so i have to butch it out like a real man and gulp.

sub 10 seconds will be my time.

grown out of lager a few years ago. so now very much an ale or beer man

looking at buying a kitchen aid mixer.

anyone ever used them before and recommend a model and price point?

i will just answer your query without casting aspersions upon your character.

i have one. i love it. worth every penny.

there's several different models. but i've only seen/used three of them.

i have the Artisan (the one with a multitude of colours available). has yet to not meet my needs in the kitchen. 5 quart bowl. 325 watt motor (up to mixing bread doughs without any problem). comes with the bowl, a pouring shield (which i've yet to use, it gets in the way and is in a cupboard somewhere), flat beater and wire whip.

there's the Classic series which looks much the same, but is available only in a few colours. and has a smaller bowl (4.5 quart) and smaller motor (250 watt). comes with all the same accessories though.

the other one i've seen/tried is the 7 quart lift stand mixer. no fancy colours. and the bowl lifts up rather than twisting out of the stand like the other two. it has a 7 quart bowl and a 1.3 HP motor. it's a serious mixer, lol. and probably more than most households need.

just checked A mazon UK compared to A mazon here re: pricing. they're about twice the price there! :( but i don't know how that compares to other similar quality mixers there. they seem to go on sale around here just about this time of year -- a couple of hundred dollars off. so you may get lucky there as well.

the only problem i`d foresee with the Artisan one is knowing which colour to choose for someone else's gift. :cheers:

i have one. i love it. worth every penny.

there's several different models. but i've only seen/used three of them.

i have the Artisan (the one with a multitude of colours available). has yet to not meet my needs in the kitchen. 5 quart bowl. 325 watt motor (up to mixing bread doughs without any problem). comes with the bowl, a pouring shield (which i've yet to use, it gets in the way and is in a cupboard somewhere), flat beater and wire whip.

You're a boring cunt Bluto but occasionally you do come up with the odd thread worthy of input.

What LGIR said. I bought the missus one a couple of years ago. Came with a free glass mixing bowl that had to be sent away for and took ages to arrive. I see where I bought ours from are doing the same offer this year but instead of a mix bowl it's a set of knives.

Go Electrical

Stores are all trying to cut do each other at this time of year but you'd nae likely go wrong buying from John Lewis if you don't fancy go-electrical.