Mink

Henry

A tink is really a tinker, a gypo, a person of the travelling community.

Tinks of course, are by definition minks.

A mink though is someone with no class whatsoever, but they aren't necessarily tinks.

Yes that's pretty much how I define it however tinks extend wider than gypos and they are people with little money and smell a lot in my neck of the woods

Yes that's pretty much how I define it however tinks extend wider than gypos and they are people with little money and smell a lot in my neck of the woods

I would say they would be minks MDAL, tinks are narrowly defined as gypos imo, though people will often be called a tink because they are like a tink, but they would actually be minks.

Quite probably it depends where you come from, and your age, when I grew up it was tinks not minks, now there would be a differentiation, and mink is a much more popualr word, indeed pikey and gypo are replacing 'tink'. And, of course, I'm replacing my mink :laughing:

To me rich people can be minks - people with no class

The likes of Andy Goram and Andy Goram typify the "Rich Minker". Christ knows how much they were being paid by the DeadHuns, but what with all the broon envelopes on top of the stated salary, fuckers must have been raking in a fortune.

And yet...

18078609.JPG

Someone can live in Logie and not necessarily be a minker. Whereas someone could live in Rubislaw Den and be an out and out mink. It's to do with the breeding. It also has a fair bit to do with personal hygiene, washing clothes and general housekeeping. Anywhere you go around the world, a minkers hoose smells the same. In fact, you can smell it off them if you have the misfortune to sit next to one on public transport. Swathes of Ibrox has that smell. You can also get a minker that has cleaned up their act, moved on if you like - clean, tidy, well presented. They can have kids that turn out to be full blooded minkers - throwbacks if you like.

Actually, is there a difference between a mink and a minker?

Someone can live in Logie and not necessarily be a minker. You can also get a minker that has cleaned up their act, moved on if you like - clean, tidy, well presented.

A Logiedog Millionaire?

I agree with that. Your surroundings don't necessarily dictate how you present or deport yourself. Just because your peers are scumballs is no reason to act in the same way.

They can have kids that turn out to be full blooded minkers - throwbacks if you like.

A Recessive Mink gene. :itch-chin:

I would say they would be minks MDAL, tinks are narrowly defined as gypos imo, though people will often be called a tink because they are like a tink, but they would actually be minks.

Quite probably it depends where you come from, and your age, when I grew up it was tinks not minks, now there would be a differentiation, and mink is a much more popualr word, indeed pikey and gypo are replacing 'tink'. And, of course, I'm replacing my mink :laughing:

My interpretation of the word mink is that it can be used to describe someone that goes round dirty or someone that's got no class whatsoever and nothing to do with if you live in Logie or Rubislaw. Tends to be used more for the former. I always thought a tink was much the same and the words pikey and gypo are used for gypsies. The words must have maybe changed down the line.