Aberdeen Vs St Johnstone

Just watched the highlights and if they are AT ALL representative of the game that would have - apart from the hypothermia - been a great game to be at.

We looked to be playing the ball around nicely at times (maybe only the 5 minutes worth of highlight times?) and Magennis and McGinn were all over it with their shots at goal and so many on target.

Well done the team for putting together a performance like that.

• Upvote 2

Just watched the highlights and if they are AT ALL representative of the game that would have - apart from the hypothermia - been a great game to be at.

We looked to be playing the ball around nicely at times (maybe only the 5 minutes worth of highlight times?) and Magennis and McGinn were all over it with their shots at goal and so many on target.

I've just watched them too. Excellent viewing. McGinn just looks like a cut above. His technique is fantastic and always seems to work the goalkeeper - no matter the angle or distance. I'm not sure what happened at Celtic, but I'm amazed he didn't make it at Parkhead. He is our best player by a considerable distance, dynamic and intelligent - he has made an enormous difference to the team.

Again from the highlights Magennis looked very dangerous and Megginson was involved in many of our best moves. Best player on the park was the St. Johnstone goalie - he's had the game of his life yesterday! That could have been 6 or 7 nil.

Best moment of the highlight reel: Masson's slide rule pass to McGinn. Sublime! :spunk:

McGinn 3 for 3 on target.

Come on goal machine :crossfingers:Nial MachineGinn

Edit: there's another on target for him.

It's got to come :crossfingers:

Nial, Nial,Nial.

Nial MachineGinn

:sheepdance::applause:

Credit to Broon for that one. Honestly great performance from a skeletal side.

More of that please & especially when we're back to full strength :crossfingers:

Again :applause: Broon

• Upvote 1

Well, if that's the best you can manage in terms of erudite debate, then I won't even bother to summarise any of your qualities of inadequacy. But Seasons Greetings and all the best to you anyway.

Maybe my words were OTT. Sorry. But I think when you have about 10 players injured you need to be patient and expect us to be inconsistent. We are hardly playing "an injury card" as an excuse. No team in the SPL could handle having so many players out. Not even the Irish.

• Upvote 2

I missed this game (first home game of the season I've not been to) but there has only been 2 games I've been to this season where we didnt play decent football for large parts of the game. The football on show this season has been some of the best I've seen at Pittodrie for a good few years.

Still a little inconsistency but as someone has already pointed out we've been hammered by injuries and its hard to get consistency when we're missing half the starting 11 every game.

-10 for the below post...poor show...can't help think there is a degree of racism attached to some of the abuse Fatty Broon takes, any cu*t who is slating him on his ability, compared to Langfield, clearly has no understanding of basic goalkeeping.

Great result...special mention for Fatty Broon...put his contempt for Broon (old) behind him and did what was required...take note Langfield that's how a professional goes about their business...well played Fatty you earned yer corn today chief

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 17

I don't recall any dodgy moments from Brown personally. A couple of balls flashed across the face of goal and a save down to his right from a weak effort from hasslebaink, other than that I didn't think the defence was overly troubled

A couple of catches that just bounced off him, it was nothing major just down to lack of games.

-10 for the below post...poor show...can't help think there is a degree of racism attached to some of the abuse Fatty Broon takes, any cu*t who is slating him on his ability, compared to Langfield, clearly has no understanding of basic goalkeeping.

-13 now. I had forgotten to - you. :thumbup1:

• Upvote 6

It wasn't a dig just an observation.

I didn't think you were, going by the content of your post. It's just that some usual suspects will use that to jump on the anti Brown bandwagon and use it against him.

Even though three quarters would not have saw his performance.

And I honestly don't recall anything bouncing off of him either, but may have been away for a coffee.

Have to add, Masson looked a fair bit more composed this time round. Chuffed at that.

His pass for the second goal was absolutely spot on.

A few folk on here have already written him off after a few late appearances (admittedly he didn't look great in a couple).

Give the boy a chance, hard to settle in when there are a good few midfielders injured.

A few folk on here have already written him off after a few late appearances (admittedly he didn't look great in a couple).

Give the boy a chance, hard to settle in when there are a good few midfielders injured.

I had certainly labelled him as utterly useless in a couple of recent appearances, which he absolutely was.

Hadn't written him off though...surely that would be retarded given his minimal game time thus far.

Don't recall anyone else doing it either. May have missed that like.

I had certainly labelled him as utterly useless in a couple of recent appearances, which he absolutely was.

Hadn't written him off though...surely that would be retarded given his minimal game time thus far.

Don't recall anyone else doing it either. May have missed that like.

Someone had him nominated in the "Worst Dons Player" thread....might've been Tommo?