Dundee Away

If's & but's & all that but imagine the kind of season McGinn (& the team) would be having had he not missed a good long spell with injury?

He is looking very likely (if not cashed in on :( in Jan ) to be a 20 goal striker this season :o (at Aberdeen you say?) & that would be amazing given his unlucky injury earlier.

Once again :applause: to you MachineGinn.

Breath of fresh air at the club.

Sign an extended deal please & you an all Hayes :crossfingers: You work well together.

Aye it was a joke right enough.

It's fucking embarrassing watching smoe of these cretins.

I'm all for having a good time, but i don't think having to watch some pissed up goon urinating in the middle of the hall is enjoying yourself.

If that's a representation of the way our fan base is then it's sad days indeed.

Maybe I'm getting old....

See the boy who had the photo up on Facebook of his mate up with his head through a picture and picture frame has taken it down now!!

Imagine the carry on if it was Dundee, or Utd fans doing the same in a bar in Aberdeen?

People need to take a step back sometimes & think about how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'm all for having a laugh, especially at away games but you still have to respect your hosts. No matter where it is.

Yeah our support really has some morons (like most/all supports do) that are better off staying home, if they canny act a little more mature

• Upvote 4

See the boy who had the photo up on Facebook of his mate up with his head through a picture and picture frame has taken it down now!!

:laughing: sorry, but the image of that pic is pretty funny tbf! Maybe was a bit more than a few broken glasses then. Any time I have been, has been plenty folk steaming, but nothing too out of order. It's a fuckin nightmare getting served though, last time I just went to a carry out shop and sneaked in some voddie.

Re McGinn, hopefully MacKay at Inverness keeps banging in the goals and scouts heading north go there to watch him instead of Pittodrie.

Imagine the carry on if it was Dundee, or Utd fans doing the same in a bar in Aberdeen?

People need to take a step back sometimes & think about how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'm all for having a laugh, especially at away games but you still have to respect your hosts. No matter where it is.

Yeah our support really has some morons (like most/all supports do) that are better off staying home, if they canny act a little more mature

Stopped going to Centenary ages ago, the amount of bams in there was beyond a joke, lowlife scumbags.

Too many wine gums on the bus then mixing with beers.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

I'm back home for Christmas so this, and the Motherwell gubbing, will be the only games I'll get to this season.

Was delighted that we sold out our end and the pre match and second half singing reminded me of better times (atmosphere-wise). There were certainly a few slavering morons in our support though. A boy three seats to my left looked and sounded like a junkie criminal scumbag, had sparked a fag within 2 minutes of getting in and pestering the shite out of everyone around him including a clearly uncomfortable woman in front of him. Thankfully he fucked off at half time for a pie and never returned, presumably as he was kicked out.

Saw quite a few folk smoking, can cunts not wait an hour and a half for a snout? Fuck sake.

Anyway, great singing second half and a few bellends from over 4k isn't bad. Some cunts should just never drink.

On the pitch, McGinn is a class apart. His touch, movement and instinct are the best I have seen of a Dons player for years. With him, Hayes, and Fraser we have three match winners which is three more than last season. Gavin Rae was excellent too.

Clark Robertson is never a footballer.

Ran out of upvotes for the day but 100% spot on. There's no excuse. It's not just a few smashed glasses as someone noted. It's not the bar's fault for not using plastic glasses. It's no ones fault but the bellends who smashed the glasses and acted like utter dipshits.

Hate the element that do this and don't think much of those who think it's acceptable.

I agree with the statements above, but have a feeling that The Centenary Bar allow this. I think they are fully aware of what is going to happen, but are banking on the volume of drinks sold vastly compensating for any clearing up costs that are required. If twats want to smash things up in there - well at least the rest of us know where not to go.

I've been at the other end before when in the licensed trade in Aberdeen. Old Firm fans used to frequent the place before and just after I got involved with a pub. Place was "wrecked" a couple of times by huns and once by Smeltic fans. Speaking about broken windows / tables / chairs - not major damage. The cost was minimal, but we overcharged them sufficiently to more than make up for it. After one season of putting up with it I changed the bar to home support only. Aberdeen fans respected the place more, spent more and it didn't make me feel sick serving them. Worst damage we ever incurred was before a Scotland game (Belarus game delayed because of Lady Muck's funeral), though we did make more money that time than any other day in the bar's history.

McGinn had never scored a goal in a competitive match for AFC before :king: was given the job as first team coach...It's poor of Broon if he's trying to take credit for McGinn's run of form and down right delusional if he thinks Arsene Wenger is looking to the AFC Manager for "lessons" in how to turn wingers into strikers...Good God

Stumbled across this interview with McGinn. My link

He quoteth:

• Upvote 4

Why hasn't lord Scott been able to work his magic with vernon?

McGinn is playing the striker role as far as I'm aware unless you can tell me otherwise.

At the start of the season when Vernon was playing that role we either had no striking coach on the books or the striking coach was bedding into the new job. :king:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

McGinn is playing the striker role as far as I'm aware unless you can tell me otherwise.

At the start of the season when Vernon was playing that role we either had no striking coach on the books or the striking coach was bedding into the new job. :king:

I'm sure vernon has played upfront during lord Scott's time here.

What about fallon?surely Scott should turn him in to the kiwi messi.

Great post MH...In :king: we trust...I'll add you to the "folks who know what they're talking about" list.

Redstar

Boofon

Muttonhumper.

Awaiting approval

Fine n dandy

I don't think there is any doubt That Scott has given us a massive boost up front but I also think that had MachineGinn not been injured, he'd have started out in much the same way he is now. The signs were there.

& Broon did say from the offset that he was bringing him in as a striker.

Credit to Broon on that one also.

I don't think there is any doubt That Scott has given us a massive boost up front but I also think that had MachineGinn not been injured, he'd have started out in much the same way he is now. The signs were there.

& Broon did say from the offset that he was bringing him in as a striker.

Credit to Broon on that one also.

I don't think Broon deserves any credit...McGinn was not found by Broon he was picked from players who had agents looking to get a deal for their clients...we've lucked out with McGinn lets not get carried away with thoughts that Broon discovered McGinn

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4