1st half was pretty dire stuff, we were clearly the better team but kept resorting to long balls which is bread and butter for a team like Dundee.

Looked a veryy nasty injury for Considine, personally I think his season is over and would hazard a guess its a broken leg.

2nd half a lot better, great movement and passing and scored at the perfect time. Denied a stonewall penalty which would have made it two, but thankfully got a fantastic 2nd not long after started and finished by the superb McGinn.

Dundee score out of nothing and panic started to set in but only briefly. Dundee are atrocious though, seriously poor!

I thought McGinn was man of the match closely followed by Cammy Smith. Fraser got mixed reception but overall people where chanting his name.

Great to get a comfortable away win an looking forward to what should be a cracker on the 2nd.

Edit: Richard Gordon just confirmed Considine has broken his leg, poor lad.

1st half was pretty dire stuff, we were clearly the better team but kept resorting to long balls which is bread and butter for a team like Dundee.

Looked a veryy nasty injury for Considine, personally I think his season is over and would hazard a guess its a broken leg.

2nd half a lot better, great movement and passing and scored at the perfect time. Denied a stonewall penalty which would have made it two, but thankfully got a fantastic 2nd not long after started and finished by the superb McGinn.

Dundee score out of nothing and panic started to set in but only briefly. Dundee are atrocious though, seriously poor!

I thought McGinn was man of the match closely followed by Cammy Smith. Fraser got mixed reception but overall people where chanting his name.

Great to get a comfortable away win an looking forward to what should be a cracker on the 2nd.

It is a shame for Considine.

Also bad for us, as Anderson hasn't got the legs to play every game.

He might hope Reynolds, Anderson & Shaugnessy can cover the middle of the defence.

I was under the impression Anderson is breathing out his arse already, so should probably be used sparingly. Shaugnessy is somewhat untried in a season we should be trying our damnest to finish at least second, and that leaves, I guess, Reynolds.

Wouldn't do any harm to bring someone in, and might even turn out to be necessary.

I was under the impression Anderson is breathing out his arse already, so should probably be used sparingly. Shaugnessy is somewhat untried in a season we should be trying our damnest to finish at least second, and that leaves, I guess, Reynolds.

Wouldn't do any harm to bring someone in, and might even turn out to be necessary.

That's the reason Anderson was "rested" today. He looked his age against Motherwell.

I agree, we're a bit light at centre half now.

Anderson shouldn't be asked to play every game.

That's the reason Anderson was "rested" today. He looked his age against Motherwell.

Imo Anderson been awful at times and awesome at times. Not looked clever at quite a few goals conceded in last couple of months.

1st half dreadful, both teams were perfectly awful. Per the OP you could see that we were the better team but we managed to do a pretty good impression of an awful team.

Early goal in the 2nd half calmed us down, and from then on we dominated. McGinn was indeed superb but I thought Jonny Hayes was excellent as well, just never stopped running and working. McGinn's finish for the second goal was a touch of genius, wonderful flick-header which Rab Douglas couldn't get near. Didn't look too clever for their goal but the third was class, actually wondered if Hayes's shot had crossed the line following Douglas's parry but McGinn was on hand to make sure.

Pleased that there wasn't too much booing for Fraser and good to hear the fans chanting his name. Dundee fan we know and who has never seen Fraser play before said after the game "who the hell was that wee buzzbomb you brought on with ten minutes to go?" No denying the lad's class, be great if he had a change of heart but I can't see it alas.

Imo Anderson been awful at times and awesome at times. Not looked clever at quite a few goals conceded in last couple of months.

I agree.....but criticising him is akin to drowning a baby to some on here.

Great servant and all that, but he can't be relied on in every game as seems likely to be the case now that Considine is out until next season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Terrible news re Considine. Haven't seen the incident again but looked to me like he kicks Shaughnessy taking a swing at the ball. Arguably Aberdeen's most improved player over the last season or so and will be missed. Get well soon.

Cammy Smith was superb today, as was McGinn and Rae won everything in the centre of the park.

That's a severe blow. Poor bugger. :(

It is a shame for Considine.

Also bad for us, as Anderson hasn't got the legs to play every game.

I suppose we may get a chance to see if Shaughnessy is as good in his stated position of CB as he has been in his utility roles.

Be helped by hopefully getting some more midfielders available by the time we return from the break on the 19th at Inverness.

Good 3 points for us and vital given the loss and manner of capitulation on Boxing Day.

Tremendous ball from the short coner from the wank sock loon. Caught them napping nicely.

McGinn's header for the 2nd was a sublime flick. In line with it and in all the way.

Missed the third cos I was haeing a pish. Managed a small bounce in the access tunnel bit by way of recompense.

Thanks to the manny and wifie who filled me up with champagne after a small disagreement regarding seats on the train (due to 2 trains being merged into 1).

Top dandies. :trophy:

Nice Sevco baiting on the choo choo also. Pleasing.

Shows up the GWB (gentleman windbag) for the buffoon he is. This would be the perfect time to have a player like say.... McArdle.

But we released him.

Shocking stuff.

• Downvote 2

Mcardle is inferior to Anderson, Considine, Reynolds & Shaughnessy so I hope you are taking the piss.

Very disappointing news that Considine is out for the season though :( Is there any other youngsters for that position that are ready to do a job when needed?

Michael Rose has been given a place in the squad. Promising centre half but only 17 I think and not ready to play week in week out. Shaughnessy's natural position is CH so he can certainly fill the void.

Mcardle is inferior to Anderson, Considine, Reynolds & Shaughnessy so I hope you are taking the piss.

Very disappointing news that Considine is out for the season though :( Is there any other youngsters for that position that are ready to do a job when needed?

Not that I know of. If Anderson struggles to make a start then Shaughnessy will probably be moved into CB, meaning Magennis will probably be started at RB :clangers2:

Michael Rose has been given a place in the squad. Promising centre half but only 17 I think and not ready to play week in week out. Shaughnessy's natural position is CH so he can certainly fill the void.

Yep Anderson and Reynolds is a good pairing and Shaughnessy looks very impressive out of position so far so no worries with him coming in. With luck that will be enough cover but we have no luck with injuries...

As most have stated first half was fairly poor but we went up a few gears right from the off in the second half. Nervy few minutes between Dundee pulling one back and McGinn completing his hat-trick. All round good day out and great to see the stand packed with Dandies and with a third of the main stand packed with red and white as well.

Langfield: Never really properly troubled. Felt he was a tad unlucky with the goal, defenders more to blame for that. 6/10

Shaughnessy: A big improvement on Wednesday afternoon. Looked a tad uncomfortable when having to attack down the right but didn't stop him trying. 6/10

Considine: Not on the pitch long, devastating news regarding the injury.

Reynolds: Poor distribution as per usual but defended well throughout. 7/10

Robertson: Struggled with his distribution as well. Easily beaten at one point in the first half when defender put ball between his legs, but upped his game prior to being subbed. 6/10

Masson: Didn't look to great, mainly because he looked uncomfortable out wide. Always looking to cut in. Was slipping about too much as well. 5/10

Rae: One of his best recent performances. Thought he had a poor afternoon on Wednesday but was much improved yesterday. Got stuck in well and always looking to pass. 7/10

Vernon: Coped better in the midfield than he did on Boxing Day. Could have grabbed a goal had he used his head rather than foot in the first half. 6/10

Smith: Excellent performance. I didn't think he had looked that great when I'd seen him before yesterday but he put in a great shift. Nice cross for McGinn's opener. 8/10

Hayes: Very good performance from him. Always looks like something is going to happen when he's on the ball and is showing the consistency we were all looking for earlier in the season. 8/10

McGinn: Boy is on fire. Always in the right place at the right time. Header for his second is delightful. 9/10

Subs...

Anderson: Better than he was on Wednesday and looked composed throughout. Could have been more convincing in the lead up to their goal. 6/10

Magennis: A bit careless when he came on. Surprised he was dropped for this one though.

Fraser: Majority of Dons fans singing his name when he came on. A couple of trademark runs from him. They shall be desperately missed when he departs next month.

Clark Robertson certainly has the height to be a centre half, not sure about the strength though. Could see a Higdon type bullying him.

He played well in a back 3 at the replay at Motherwell.

Brown might decide that Shaugnessy & Robertson can cover if Anderson & Reynolds are not available.

Shows up the GWB (gentleman windbag) for the buffoon he is. This would be the perfect time to have a player like say.... McArdle.

But we released him.

Shocking stuff.

Agreed...The GWB/GWT is being found out big style...his failure to grasp even the basics of "how to manage a football club" will ultimately be his undoing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5