Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Ronny leaving could galvanise the Celtic players with potential new managers looking on and keeping an eye on proceedings. On the other hand they could just say "fuck it" and think they've already done enough to win the league and try to stroll through games.

I suspect, depending on the player, it will be a bit of both happening. Brown, for example, is a lazy bastard who's done fuck all for Celtic or Scotland in years, I doubt he'll be putting in the extra effort.

Inevitable after the loss on Sunday. Pity as we would have loved him to stay as he is a clown, but there is no way the Celtic board would trust him next season with that new club coming into the league.

I see Lennon has already dropped his knickers in front of them.

Don't be surprised to see McGhee do the same if he gets asked the question at his next press conference.

Just goes to show the extent to which this really was the perfect-storm season for AFC:

- Shite Celtic manager - check

- Huns not in the top flight - check

- Hearts only just back up and still adjusting to life back in the Premiership - check

- Hibs nowhere to be seen - check

- Balanced Dons squad which has managed to retain all key players from last season - check

- Very few lengthy injuries or suspensions to key players - check

- Late-season Celtic meltdown with the club in turmoil off the pitch - check

So fucking frustrating.

I dont think they will go for Lennon. It would highlight both the club and the man for the unambitious, inward looking failures which they are.

I was talking to a sellick fan last night and he said he wants Marcelo Bielsa, which is probably over-optimistic (though that choice is likely just a personal opinion as opposed to a popular sentiment among their fans). He said he doesnt want someone who will kowtow to peter lawlell.

Probably a young, up and coming manager who has succeeded in a smaller league than ours would be a good choice - though thats what Deila was supposed to be and he was a flop.

Sevco would love to have lennon back at sellick as it would help ramp up the animosity and help them pretend liquidaiton never happened.

If Norwich go down and/or Alex Neil gets sacked I think sellick might look at him.

I dont think they will go for Lennon. It would highlight both the club and the man for the unambitious, inward looking failures which they are.

I was talking to a sellick fan last night and he said he wants Marcelo Bielsa, which is probably over-optimistic (though that choice is likely just a personal opinion as opposed to a popular sentiment among their fans). He said he doesnt want someone who will kowtow to peter lawlell.

Probably a young, up and coming manager who has succeeded in a smaller league than ours would be a good choice - though thats what Deila was supposed to be and he was a flop.

Sevco would love to have lennon back at sellick as it would help ramp up the animosity and help them pretend liquidaiton never happened.

If Norwich go down and/or Alex Neil gets sacked I think sellick might look at him.

I love the delusions of grandeur that Glaswegians and Fans of Celtic and the new team have.

What a city.

Big Celtic banners at Hampden read: denial is the last stage of death. Rangers then. Zombies now. Hun scum forever.

I think we and all fans of other clubs should stop using the "hun" nickname and now only use "zombie" - although they pretend to be offended by "hun", they will secretly love to be called it still, as it would be another straw of continuity for them to grasp at.

I love the delusions of grandeur that Glaswegians and Fans of Celtic and the new team have.

What a city.

I did bray with laughter when he said that about Bielsa :laughing:

Sellick would stick out like a sore thumb on his CV.

Like a list of michellin starred restuarants, followed by McDonalds.

Just before they appointed win jamsen, many sellick fans I knew were insisting they had sealed a deal with Johann Cruyff.

There's a few options for them I guess

Neil Lennon's whorin himself for the job already

Malky Mackay's looking for work

Paul Lambert's falling out with everyone at Blackburn

David Moyes' looking for work, although I doubt he'd go near Celtic. Very few managers go from Celtic to better things down south which is where Moyes will want to return eventually.

Unfortunately, none of them are worse than Deila. I'm nervous that they might splash out on a decent manager this time. They haven't made the champions league for a few seasons, and will be desperate to show they are much better than The Rangers next season in the league.

Just goes to show the extent to which this really was the perfect-storm season for AFC:

- Hearts only just back up and still adjusting to life back in the Premiership - check

- Balanced Dons squad which has managed to retain all key players from last season - check

So fucking frustrating.

It was a good opportunity, but we failed in January to strengthen which is what annoys me.

I still think we're a bit weak to win the league as we've shown the last few weeks, Motherwell being the prime example. Our central defenders are too prone to playing shit and the goalie is a bombscare.

Lennon's reason for leaving Celtic in the first place was because the board refused to give him the funds he felt was necessary to meet the target of qualification to the Champions League group stage.

I suspect the Celtic board might be more willing to release those funds this coming summer. Firstly, because they will want to ensure there is no embarrassment on the European front for the third season running. Secondly, to ward off the Sevco title threat.

Despite us having kept up with them for the majority of the past two seasons, I don't think the Celtic board will have ever seriously viewed us as a threat. A couple of weeks back on Sportsound they discussed this issue, and Tom English made the point that Celtic have so much more to lose in conceding the title to The Rangers than they ever have/will Aberdeen. I'd guess that is partly why Lennon never saw the cash he wanted in the summer of 2014, even though they still wanted Champions League football. When Lennon left, he'd won the league by 29 points. Doubt they would have envisaged an Aberdeen team that had finished behind Motherwell to have managed to accumulate 75 points the following season.

Tom English went on to say that Celtic will likely have millions stored away for this coming season. Suppose he's got a point considering they raised approximately £30m in player sales to Southampton alone these past few years. They surely can't have spent all that?

Would make perfect sense for Lennon to go back. Board didn't want him to leave in the first place and he gets the cash he felt he needed for Champions League football, all the while confident in that it will also be enough to stop Sevco getting anywhere near them, and us as well.

Tom English went on to say that Celtic will likely have millions stored away for this coming season. Suppose he's got a point considering they raised approximately £30m in player sales to Southampton alone these past few years. They surely can't have spent all that?

Yes they will be like a squirell returning to its nuts, coming up with cash reserves to strengthen.

I think had Deila done better, they wouldnt be splashing the cash, but they will need to get their fans on site and so may seek to humiliate sevco by throwing cash about in the summer, safe in the knowledge they cannot be matched.

If we can carry on our standards into next season, (and strengthen), hopefully the ugly sisters will be so obsessed with each other they will forget to worry about us.........

Lennon's reason for leaving Celtic in the first place was because the board refused to give him the funds he felt was necessary to meet the target of qualification to the Champions League group stage.

I suspect the Celtic board might be more willing to release those funds this coming summer. Firstly, because they will want to ensure there is no embarrassment on the European front for the third season running. Secondly, to ward off the Sevco title threat.

Despite us having kept up with them for the majority of the past two seasons, I don't think the Celtic board will have ever seriously viewed us as a threat. A couple of weeks back on Sportsound they discussed this issue, and Tom English made the point that Celtic have so much more to lose in conceding the title to The Rangers than they ever have/will Aberdeen. I'd guess that is partly why Lennon never saw the cash he wanted in the summer of 2014, even though they still wanted Champions League football. When Lennon left, he'd won the league by 29 points. Doubt they would have envisaged an Aberdeen team that had finished behind Motherwell to have managed to accumulate 75 points the following season.

Would make perfect sense for Lennon to go back. Board didn't want him to leave in the first place and he gets the cash he felt he needed for Champions League football, all the while confident in that it will also be enough to stop Sevco getting anywhere near them, and us as well.

Agree, and they still don't.

So fucking frustrating.

Utd being utterly shite - Check

No cup distractions :angry2: Check

Hope they bring in some other charlatan next season.

Bring back John Barnes.

Given the way Man City in England wobbled when it was announced that South American Zombie Grandad Pellegrini was oot at the end of the season, can we expect a similar reaction from the plastic paddies?

Bring back John Barnes.

Given the way Man City in England wobbled when it was announced that South American Zombie Grandad Pellegrini was oot at the end of the season, can we expect a similar reaction from the plastic paddies?

Even if they did drop 8 points I'd have absolutely no confidence in our ability to punish them. Barring the start of the season we have the shit the bed every time we've had the opportunity to go above them.

• Upvote 1

So fucking frustrating.

But...but....remember where we were 5 years ago!!!

So fucking frustrating.

Agree with bits of this but

The loss of Danny Ward cannot be dismissed so lightly, Also though Church has come through very well the loss of Rooney at this critical point is unnerving and a factor as well

When we then lost Hayes through injury and Logan through suspension we struggled, Injury and suspension has impacted on us and though not an injury or suspension the loss of Danny Ward has been crucial to what happened to us this latter half of the season

Don't know whether I would say shite manager and late season meltdown with Celtic off the park, must remember by some margin they have the best goals scored and best goals conceded.

They have also only lost 3 games - twice against us at home and once vs Motherwell

The finished last year: Pts 92 GF 84 GA 17

They possibly are going to be pretty close to that again this year - if the win every game 1-0 they will have 91 pts with GF of 83

This isn't a bad celtic team - it just isn't a good one

Agree with bits of this but

The loss of Danny Ward cannot be dismissed so lightly, Also though Church has come through very well the loss of Rooney at this critical point is unnerving and a factor as well

When we then lost Hayes through injury and Logan through suspension we struggled, Injury and suspension has impacted on us and though not an injury or suspension the loss of Danny Ward has been crucial to what happened to us this latter half of the season

Don't know whether I would say shite manager and late season meltdown with Celtic off the park, must remember by some margin they have the best goals scored and best goals conceded.

They have also only lost 3 games - twice against us at home and once vs Motherwell

The finished last year: Pts 92 GF 84 GA 17

They possibly are going to be pretty close to that again this year - if the win every game 1-0 they will have 91 pts with GF of 83

This isn't a bad celtic team - it just isn't a good one

If we don't win the league then the bold bit has cost us the league of that I am absolutely certain.