Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Was also playing up front for his previous team before he left.

Shit. This guy must be fkn fantastic. He can play just about anywhere. He's like about ten new signings.

Can see them making a fortune from this guy. Wonder if they will sell him off in parts or as one whole player.

• Upvote 1

Shit. This guy must be fkn fantastic. He can play just about anywhere. He's like about ten new signings.

Can see them making a fortune from this guy. Wonder if they will sell him off in parts or as one whole player.

Gordon didn't look too clever last season either, might need to watch his back.

They've got a bloated squad anyway. Maybe Brenda intends on playing some youngsters?

They do have a bloated squad but Johansson and Bitton (sp?) were pretty solid for them.

The others they've ditched are all pap.

Still, I can dream of them fucking it up.

Seen this happen with them before though and they've still managed to pull ahead of the chasing pack. That's why we've just got to ignore them and focus on our own team.

Well that's what the club have to do of course, and I think they are pretty good at that now - they focus on what they can improve within the club every year. Doesn't always work out how we would want but they are approaching it the right way.

As fans, its only natural have the odd look around us sometimes and see whats occurring.

In all honesty, I'm certain Celtic will win the league this year tbh and probably the next few as well sadly.

Pricks.

:laughing:

In all honesty, I'm certain Celtic will win the league this year tbh and probably the next few as well sadly.

Pricks.

I resigned to that in 2012.

The Old Firm are powered by logistics. Two teams with huge old fashioned cultural mass followings, fuelled by the most powerful thing in the world, tribalism, in the biggest city in a small country. It's the perfect storm. Until someone invests in Aberdeen, or one of the Edinburgh teams and they start beating them (and everyone else), it's never going to change. We nearly had it with Hearts twelve years ago, but it was a false dawn, because now any businessman who has even looked at this league realises that there would be no return on their investment.

In all honesty I was astonished at the liquidation of one them, how they managed to mis-manage that is genuinely fucking amazing, it should have been a cash cow, a safe bet. Oh well. "Ha ha".

Celtic have built themselves a relatively safe platform to function upon indefinitely. Short of a Sevco-sized fuck up, this is the way it is for a very long time. One dominant team, where there used to be two.

:suicide:

:laughing:

I resigned to that in 2012.

The Old Firm are powered by logistics. Two teams with huge old fashioned cultural mass followings, fuelled by the most powerful thing in the world, tribalism, in the biggest city in a small country. It's the perfect storm. Until someone invests in Aberdeen, or one of the Edinburgh teams and they start beating them (and everyone else), it's never going to change. We nearly had it with Hearts twelve years ago, but it was a false dawn, because now any businessman who has even looked at this league realises that there would be no return on their investment.

In all honesty I was astonished at the liquidation of one them, how they managed to mis-manage that is genuinely fucking amazing, it should have been a cash cow, a safe bet. Oh well. "Ha ha".

Celtic have built themselves a relatively safe platform to function upon indefinitely. Short of a Sevco-sized fuck up, this is the way it is for a very long time. One dominant team, where there used to be two.

:suicide:

I don't think it's going to be quite as easy for them to have the monopoly this time around for a few reasons:

1) The general gulf in class between players is lessening. This is why we're seeing "upsets" like Leceister winning the EPL, Iceland beating England and Wales making the semi final. Aberdeens first XI were just as good as Celtics last season.

2) UEFA have made it extremely difficult for Scottish teams to make any real money from Europe now. Celtic need to qualify for the Champions League groups 2/5 seasons to sustain themselves. If they don't then they can't afford to pay the wages they do and they are up shit creek. They are nearer a financial meltdown than you'd think.

3) The prize money in Scottish football is now much more fairly distributed, so the days of the arse cheeks of Glasgow claiming 60% of the cash whilst the rest of us fight over table scraps are gone.

4) Their attendances aren't what they once were

5) Because of said difficulty in obtaining money and guaranteeing Champions League football, they can no longer attract the level of player they once did. The days of Celtic having a Larsson or "Rangers" having a Laudrup are long gone.

Yes they'll always have a bigger following than us and that'll always mean they've got a bit more cash than we do, but the extra cash they'll have won't mean they'll be signing world beaters and doesn't guarantee success like it used to. Celtic won the title last season because they had strength in depth and we didn't. I genuinely think we're not that far off of beating these bastards to the league title, admittedly not this season though.

I don't think it's going to be quite as easy for them to have the monopoly this time around for a few reasons:

1) The general gulf in class between players is lessening. This is why we're seeing "upsets" like Leceister winning the EPL, Iceland beating England and Wales making the semi final. Aberdeens first XI were just as good as Celtics last season.

2) UEFA have made it extremely difficult for Scottish teams to make any real money from Europe now. Celtic need to qualify for the Champions League groups 2/5 seasons to sustain themselves. If they don't then they can't afford to pay the wages they do and they are up shit creek. They are nearer a financial meltdown than you'd think.

3) The prize money in Scottish football is now much more fairly distributed, so the days of the arse cheeks of Glasgow claiming 60% of the cash whilst the rest of us fight over table scraps are gone.

4) Their attendances aren't what they once were

5) Because of said difficulty in obtaining money and guaranteeing Champions League football, they can no longer attract the level of player they once did. The days of Celtic having a Larsson or "Rangers" having a Laudrup are long gone.

Yes they'll always have a bigger following than us and that'll always mean they've got a bit more cash than we do, but the extra cash they'll have won't mean they'll be signing world beaters and doesn't guarantee success like it used to. Celtic won the title last season because they had strength in depth and we didn't. I genuinely think we're not that far off of beating these bastards to the league title, admittedly not this season though.

All of these things make it very similar to the time when we were able to sign up good Scottish players and get a very good team together to compete and then dominate. Does that make DM the new Ally McLeod or Billy McNeill?

HMS Ocean, Kent and Mersey with a Shed load of Royal Marines arrive in Gibraltar. Fun night in progress

Lincoln imps holding celtic and probably close on Shots on target

But to be fair its a well old 3G pitch that hardly sees water, Scott Brown already a popular target for some reason