Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Once the mirth is over this is actually anything but funny. For the Scottish Champions to lose to a pub team ( or maybe I got that wrong and the Red Imps deservedly beat a pub team ) is a sad indictment on our national game. We may not in the past have gone into these competitions expecting to win them but at least a QF or more was achievable. Not any more it seems. We seriously need a root and branch review and it should be done by anyone other than the SFA who should be disbanded as they are blindly incompetent and far too Old Firm centric ( and don't start that it is not the Old Firm any more shite because whatever we say or think the reality of the SFA and media mindset is that it is - and that would be the first thing that needs addressing ). I am not a Hearts fan but they seem to be packing them in every week so why can't other clubs ( including our own) look at how that could be done. No doubt I'll be shot down as a trolling Hun or whatever but until some form of united voice for reform emerges nothing will change. Oh and i am not a Hun , but am saddened by the slow decline of quality in our national game.

We are that far down the pecking order it no longer matters a fk. We are never going to get back up anywhere near where we were as the whole set up is designed to prevent this.

Fk all other Scottish teams (well just Celtic & Sevco really) in Europe.

We will forever be the under dogs & have to accept this. We are the highland league teams in the Scottish cup at the very best.

Once the mirth is over this is actually anything but funny. For the Scottish Champions to lose to a pub team ( or maybe I got that wrong and the Red Imps deservedly beat a pub team ) is a sad indictment on our national game. We may not in the past have gone into these competitions expecting to win them but at least a QF or more was achievable. Not any more it seems. We seriously need a root and branch review and it should be done by anyone other than the SFA who should be disbanded as they are blindly incompetent and far too Old Firm centric ( and don't start that it is not the Old Firm any more shite because whatever we say or think the reality of the SFA and media mindset is that it is - and that would be the first thing that needs addressing ). I am not a Hearts fan but they seem to be packing them in every week so why can't other clubs ( including our own) look at how that could be done. No doubt I'll be shot down as a trolling Hun or whatever but until some form of united voice for reform emerges nothing will change. Oh and i am not a Hun , but am saddened by the slow decline of quality in our national game.

It's this kind of attitude that gives Celtic their misplaced sense of superiority. When Aberdeen lose to a pub team it's because we're shite. When Celtic lose it's because the establishment are shite. Celtic spent 15 million on Rodgers contract and just got sucker punched by an amateur team. That's fuck all to do with the SFA and everything to do with Celtic being run by numpties with stars in their eyes.

You did start a thread call "so glad the Gers are back"

You made yer bed & just like a hun it seems, you refuse to change yer sheets.

• Downvote 1

It's this kind of attitude that gives Celtic their misplaced sense of superiority. When Aberdeen lose to a pub team it's because we're shite. When Celtic lose it's because the establishment are shite. Celtic spent 15 million on Rodgers contract and just got sucker punched by an amateur team. That's fuck all to do with the SFA and everything to do with Celtic being run by numpties with stars in their eyes.

They are superior to everyone else in Scotland and Rangers soon will be again aswell. They might have money to spend but no decent players want to come and play in Scotland and as much as they dominate domestically, they're poor in Europe. Scottish footballs a joke at the moment and is only getting worse, while other so called smaller nations are improving and able to compete.

And I was getting to like you in another thread - almost posted a supporting comment as you were getting some ( unjustified I thought ) stick. Glad I didn't now.

:laughing:

Fk me min you have a lot to learn on here it would seem.

But yes I do often get a lot of unjustified stick on here :cry: It's quite hard some times I must admit, so any supportive comments would be greatly appreciated

A tim made the effort of phoning me at work last friday, to laugh at our luxemdirge shit fest. Going for the ultimate trump - going to drive to his house smash him in the face with a shovel and shit on his head whilst reading my fave anti-tim quips from the interweb.

Hahaha you useless fucking cunts.

I ran out of +1s earlier, sorry Dad.

@@Manxsheep you're probably right that the entire Scottish game needs shaken up, but Celtic constantly try and blame everyone else, so they can fuck off. Hearts model of going bust and then having to get supporters to bail them out isn't really what I'd like all the other clubs to copy, they can fuck off too, especially as they keep closing the gap

I'm in 2 minds, on one hand it's a fantastic result, the worst performance in Europe by any Scottish team.

On the other hand of they go out it doesn't really help the coefficient...

Actually fuck the coefficient and fuck Celtic

Coefficient points can Fuck off. How well are Scottish teams going to have to do so we don't start our game in QR1? And how likely is that to happen?

All other Scottish teams can crash and burn out of Europe for all I care. Aberdeen IS the only teams I care who wins.

P.s LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLCELTIC.

The one good point manxsheep makes which is valid is the one that we need a clear out at the top of our game and who ever takes over must not be too old firm centric. The biggest problem with the game here is that everything revolves around two teams and those at the top don't even hide it. There is no appetite for change in Scotland which is why it won't happen. The game here is fucked, it's not even on life support anymore, it's deed!

Where manxsheep contradicts himself is that he has said all of this on the back of Celtics worst ever result, this shouldn't prompt any review/change of the game here. That should have happened years ago because having two sides dominate for so long was never going to end well. Big changes could have happened at so many points in our games history, Those in charge should have gone after Rangers died, they showed blatant favouritism and bias but nobody in power or the media questioned it including our own club.

One last point, Celtic are the most guilty party for going on about the game he holding them back and wanting a move to England or some fictitious super league. They put the Scottish game down when it suits them but now this is apparently bad for Scottish football. Feck right off with that shit, they are one of root causes of the shambles in Scotland.

• Upvote 1

On a similar(ish) topic was reading this blog yesterday - http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/huddersfield-town-new-rose.html. No wonder Scottish football is struggling. Just look at the figures in these charts. English championship clubs still receiving parachute payments from the EPL which are more than nearly every club in Scotland's total turnover. Wages to turnover of 237% (Bournemouth before they went up), Brentford 178% ffs. Brentford! It's sustainable only if they get promoted which they did. And their debt's are basically wiped due to the TV deal. Brighton's debt - £148m.

That's what we're up against. Monopoly money.

Anyway get it up Celtic. They'll will win 5-0 next week though.

On a similar(ish) topic was reading this blog yesterday - http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/huddersfield-town-new-rose.html. No wonder Scottish football is struggling. Just look at the figures in these charts. English championship clubs still receiving parachute payments from the EPL which are more than nearly every club in Scotland's total turnover. Wages to turnover of 237% (Bournemouth before they went up), Brentford 178% ffs. Brentford! It's sustainable only if they get promoted which they did. And their debt's are basically wiped due to the TV deal. Brighton's debt - £148m.

That's what we're up against. Monopoly money.

Anyway get it up Celtic. They'll will win 5-0 next week though.

Correct Dynamo, sharing tv stations and a border with the richest (not the best) league in the world doesn't help us but it's not the biggest problem. Another problem is the set up in European football, UEFA don't want less fashionable countries like Scotland to do well in the CL or Europa League. Europe is dead to our teams. These are factors which contribute to the shitiness of the game in Scotland but the biggest factor is the old firm. Their dominance has always been around but when money flooded the game that was it over for any of the rest looking to win the league.

Correct Dynamo, sharing tv stations and a border with the richest (not the best) league in the world doesn't help us but it's not the biggest problem. Another problem is the set up in European football, UEFA don't want less fashionable countries like Scotland to do well in the CL or Europa League. Europe is dead to our teams. These are factors which contribute to the shitiness of the game in Scotland but the biggest factor is the old firm. Their dominance has always been around but when money flooded the game that was it over for any of the rest looking to win the league.

Got to agree.

European football is basically just a bit more than pre season friendlies to our teams now. I think I read that only 2 teams have ever made it for EL Q1 to the groups. Maybe that's not correct but it sure as hell doesn't happen much.

If you think about it though it's fucking ridiculous. The champions of Scotland have to play 3 qualifying stages to get in to the CHAMPIONS league, yet 2 teams from Spain, England etc who are not champions go straight to the group stages.

The team that finishes second in Scotland has to basically perform a miracle to make it through to the group stages yet multiple teams from other countries just go straight to the groups. I know placings are set due to teams performances that contribute to the coefficient but giving half the points in the qualifying stages isn't going to help, which is why UEFA like it.

It's not fair. And that's not a sour grapes attitude. It blatantly isn't fair!

If we started EL Q1 10 seasons in a row, how many times would we make it through to the groups? Probably once or twice I would say. When you see we could have played the likes of Dortmund last season, and we played Sociedad a stage earlier the season before, we just can't compete.

• Upvote 2

They are superior to everyone else in Scotland and Rangers soon will be again aswell. They might have money to spend but no decent players want to come and play in Scotland and as much as they dominate domestically, they're poor in Europe. Scottish footballs a joke at the moment and is only getting worse, while other so called smaller nations are improving and able to compete.

In the end the records I suppose show that. I don't agree that Rangers will be again however. The truth is they are as skint as most of the rest of us and Dave King will not bankroll them. The financial outlook for them is not great.

Rangers are dead chums.

The fact that failing to qualify for Champions League football allows you a chance to still qualify for Europa League football is all the proof that you need that European football is just a device to keep money flowing into the bigger clubs.

Got to agree.

European football is basically just a bit more than pre season friendlies to our teams now. I think I read that only 2 teams have ever made it for EL Q1 to the groups. Maybe that's not correct but it sure as hell doesn't happen much.

If you think about it though it's fucking ridiculous. The champions of Scotland have to play 3 qualifying stages to get in to the CHAMPIONS league, yet 2 teams from Spain, England etc who are not champions go straight to the group stages.

The team that finishes second in Scotland has to basically perform a miracle to make it through to the group stages yet multiple teams from other countries just go straight to the groups. I know placings are set due to teams performances that contribute to the coefficient but giving half the points in the qualifying stages isn't going to help, which is why UEFA like it.

It's not fair. And that's not a sour grapes attitude. It blatantly isn't fair!

If we started EL Q1 10 seasons in a row, how many times would we make it through to the groups? Probably once or twice I would say. When you see we could have played the likes of Dortmund last season, and we played Sociedad a stage earlier the season before, we just can't compete.

100% spot on, no argument here at all.

European football is rigged and corrupt but the masses love it for some reason.

from a dons perspective I think many are starting to get into our line of thinking by seeing that the Europa league is a pointless exercise for us, as you say it should be used as our pre-season and if we get lucky with the draw we might sneak a glamour tie or even better. The reality is that we have next to no chance of progressing. Just like within the SFA there is no appetite to change within UEFA, they want the bigger audiences which means they want the bigger sides like Real/Barca to remain at the top of the tree.

Celtic's failure to get a result against a team of the stature of the Gibraltarians is a different situation entirely to Aberdeen's reverse last week. Aberdeen were going into a game with a seemingly comfortable lead - not the hunger required at the start of a tie. Admittedly Aberdeen were very poor, but it would be fair to say that they still had enough in the tank to get through the tie.

Celtic's game last night was a much different proposition. All they have done is given a bunch of no-hopers a real chance of realizing a great dream. Whilst I agree Celtic will still likely qualify, the Imps will travel with belief, run their hearts out for 90 minutes (or longer if extra time is a necessity) and Celtic will be forced into expending massive effort to get through a tie that should have been a formality.

I have doubts about their investment in Brendan Rodgers (BR). If he took Liverpool backwards with a budget of 200 million plus, what makes the Celtic board believe he can be successful in Scotland with 10% of that? I would also suggest that BR has given assurances to his employers that his own weighty contract will be off-set as he reduces the playing staff numbers.

• Upvote 1

^Also worth adding that Fola have been around far longer, played against the likes of Dinamo Zagreb, Gothenburg in European competition.

+ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha tic.

• Downvote 1