Should

Geoff_Tipps

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be independent?

• Yes
    • No

It's a yes from me and I'll probably cast about 5 votes

interesting i have got my wife and son to vote yes and they have never voted in their lives

what also is interesting is when people want something and there is a vote its mostly yes people who vote those that are happy with the status quo wont bother (ie i think all the yes,s will vote but a lot of the no,s wont bother)

interesting i have got my wife and son to vote yes and they have never voted in their lives

what also is interesting is when people want something and there is a vote its mostly yes people who vote those that are happy with the status quo wont bother (ie i think all the yes,s will vote but a lot of the no,s wont bother)

I think it's natural for the instigators of change to feel more impassioned. I expect, as you do, this will translate to the ballot box.

The true question is "fit do you dislike more, England or the central belt?".

Any real Aiberdonian will know what to do.

Since your raking for relevance, it might be better for you to explain your moronic point. Please be specific and give figures to back up your point.

Cow.

• Upvote 1

If Scotland doesn't feel the need to separate from England then is there any point in keeping the Scottish national identity or even having a devolved parliament?

Why not just dispense with the Saltire, Hollyrood, and any form of non-Anglo-Saxon trappings that would identify Scotland as anything but the northernmost region of England?

Serious question... currently Scotland is neither one thing or the other. It's not a country in its own right, and it's not considered part of England and English law.... so why not, rather than vacillating, just vote to dissolve the entity that is 'Scotland' such as it is, and allow England to absorb the north once and for all?

If Scotland doesn't feel the need to separate from England then is there any point in keeping the Scottish national identity or even having a devolved parliament?

Why not just dispense with the Saltire, Hollyrood, and any form of non-Anglo-Saxon trappings that would identify Scotland as anything but the northernmost region of England?

Serious question... currently Scotland is neither one thing or the other. It's not a country in its own right, and it's not considered part of England and English law.... so why not, rather than vacillating, just vote to dissolve the entity that is 'Scotland' such as it is, and allow England to absorb the north once and for all?

Sounds better than independence to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm with Betty on this one kelt, Britain comes before Scotland for me.

Not me.

I've never felt any affiliation with England, any more than I do for the welsh or Irish.

The English have always looked down their nose at the Scots, and the.way Scotland has historically been treated by London means I'd sooner see Scotland a part of the EU as a state in its own right than tethered to a nation that looks upon my homeland with contempt.

Nothing I'be ever seen or heard from England has ever made me feel 'British', or that Scotland is in any way an equal partner in that entity.

I actually feel more welcome and part of a culture (such as it is) in the U.S. than I did with Great Britain.

• Upvote 2

You don't need to feel an affiliation with England, we're British, a lot stronger together than as separate small tinpot nations.

but Britain is a tinpot nation.

with very few exceptions all nations are

that's why they're forming massive, mutually beneficial political trading blocs. The EU is necessary if Europe is to compete with Asia and the Americas.

To my mind Euro affiliation is infinitely north important than UK membership.

EDIT. fuck you autocorrect

• Upvote 2

I'm with Betty on this one kelt, Britain comes before Scotland for me.

Obviously this doesn't matter in terms of who governs you. You will be Scottish, British and European regardless of whether we're in the UK or EU.

You don't need to feel an affiliation with England, we're British, a lot stronger together than as separate small tinpot nations.

Great.

Why are you in favour of a united states of europe?

• Upvote 1

Obviously this doesn't matter in terms of who governs you. You will be Scottish, British and European regardless of whether we're in the UK or EU.

Great.

Why are you in favour of a united states of europe?

I don't think Daytripping is in favour of an EU.

I am though. Very much so.

I read The United States of Europe: The New Superpower and the End of American Supremacy some years ago, and to say it's an eyeopener would be an understatement.

It gives you a real idea as to the power, and lack of power, nations have alone and as part of a greater political bloc.

Should be essential reading for anyone who is ambivalent regarding European Union.

Nearer to home is better

how much times have i heard the support your local team

Would you ask someone else in your street to run your house - no but you would be happy to let people from another country to run our country.

better in it together my arse if the Tories really believed this we would not be stalling on Europe

Only way the English want us is because its to their benefit as they look down on us at every chance

anyone remember the poll tax

• Upvote 1

Probably better if you come clean. Admit that your will vote based on spite and a hatred of Scotland, rather than any financial reason. This should at the very least increase your credibility.

cow.

Aye right.

Half o you Braveheart Believers vote SNP and want independence due to ignorance, spite and a hatered of England.

If the SNP answered correctly the real questions posed to them regarding basic points ie NATO, EU membership etc instead of pretending and telling lies they might get some credibility. Since they won't.... they'll fail.

The bookies have written it off already. A complete waste of time and money.

The sooner this gets binned and we start addressing the real problems in The UK the better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Aye right.

Half o you Braveheart Believers vote SNP and want independence due to ignorance, spite and a hatered of England.

If the SNP answered correctly the real questions posed to them regarding basic points ie NATO, EU membership etc instead of pretending and telling lies they might get some credibility. Since they won't.... they'll fail.

The bookies have written it off already. A complete waste of time and money.

The sooner this gets binned and we start addressing the real problems in The UK the better.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about you, we can now file you away as bitter.

I was hoping you would come back with some reasons( ANY frankly) of how we're better together. About how Westminister has governed us well, and provide back up.

Sadly we enter into a game of unionist Bingo: Braveheart, hating England, you only need to add in Shortbread, tartan, and you would be heading for a full house.

Isn't it strange that it's always England that's picked not Wales or Northern Ireland? Y'know, the other component parts of the UK.

I've no idea what you're asking about NATO? The SNP party members voted and a majority want to remain in NATO, this has been settled. Furthermore, it's been agreed they will be non-nuclear like 95% of members. So Nuclear weapons won't be based here, but other nuclear vessels from NATO will be allowed to enter Scottish waters.

EU?- Scotland is desperate to find out whether we would be a successor state, however current members can ask this. The UK government are refusing to tell the Scottish people their findings. So the UK is causing uncertainty, intentionally muddying the waters.

I hope this will change your opinion of the matters.

As the the bookies pile on is my advice, it might temper your bitterness when Scotland chooses to become normal.

• Upvote 2