Alex Mcleish

His every managerial appointment has followed the exact same pattern: great start to get everyone's hopes up; season of consolidation, mutterings of discontent between him and chairman; poor season, team going backwards; resignation/sacking.

Repeat ad nauseam.

It's a no thanks from me. Quite apart from anything else I don't want to see yet another club legend tarnished, particularly one who is probably my favourite AFC player of all time.

His every managerial appointment has followed the exact same pattern: great start to get everyone's hopes up; season of consolidation, mutterings of discontent between him and chairman; poor season, team going backwards; resignation/sacking.

Aye and he's crammed all that into six weeks at Nottingham Forest.

More sentiment behind anyone wanting McLeish. Shit manager I'm afraid and that is all that should matter.

Motherwell - Done a great job

Hibs - Took over a shite team, once back to SPL done ok

Huns - Broke the O'Neill dominance

Scotland - Solid team with some attacking flair

Birmingham - Decent enough team, but struggled towards end

Aston Villa - Disaster. Big name players let him down very badly

Notts Forest - Fuck knows what happened there

Agree about another Dons legend not wanting to be possibly tarnished, however i'm really struggling to think of another manager with a decent reputation who could handle this squad, so could be worth a punt

Parted company with Nottingham Forrest.

Worth a look?

May be well out of our price range but I'd certainly take him if we could get him.

May have been mentioned in another thread & if so, the mods can delete this, as I haven't checked.

Would take him in a heartbeat...not sure he would work for Milne or the rubbish money the post would pay...out of our league I'd suggest