Our Disgraceful Fans At Half And Full Time

This is very true.

I agree that his contract is/was a year too long and that's the problem here, Brooner is far too set in his ways however more questions should be asked of the board who employed him for that period than are being at present.

Brooner will be gone by summer at the latest, folk calling him a wanker over and over misses the point that the board need to take accountability and learn from mistakes for once to avoid another fuck up next time around.

The board fu*ked up with the length of contract but the old cu*t was not prepared to leave Motherwell for a short term deal...some folk may think Broon is a frail old cu*t who is soldiering on but he's not...he's a tough old bast who is stiffing AFC for every penny he can get his greedy hands on.

I agree with some of what you say, but after so many dull, insipid, defensive, ponderous performances, where we only sometimes show urgency in the last 20 minutes is why people get pissed off.

It's an entertainment business apparently.

Do we often get entertained at Pittodrie?......that's a rhetorical question incidentally.

Craig Brown did his job to save us from relegation - we should thank him for that.

He was given a contract that was 1 year too long in my opinion.

Time for him to go and let a younger manager take over with a bit of aggression and fire in his belly, and who won't take any shite from the Glasgow press, the players, or the opposition, and gets the team to try and win games from the start.

I really enjoyed the first 6 (?) home games and there were still people doing what was mentioned after those games. Not arguing for him to stay of course but the contrast in the football played then and now is crazy! Is it just down to no Fraser and the pitch? Surely not?!

I really enjoyed the first 6 (?) home games and there were still people doing what was mentioned after those games. Not arguing for him to stay of course but the contrast in the football played then and now is crazy! Is it just down to no Fraser and the pitch? Surely not?!

I enjoyed the first few games too, but for me the first sign of perfomances tailing off was the first time we played Dundee.

Made really heavy weather of it and din't impress.

Too right I'll boo.

Half a days wages to get into Aberdeen, buy a ticket, something to eat and get home again. Only for ald' loons and young loons to sit freezing their nuts off while being treated to footballing entertainment that woefully falls short of returning the spare time and monetary investment granted to them by us. < Cheer that? GTF.

Entertaining football, up-to-the-standard signings, simple but effective tactics instead of ridiculous failures of setting a team up (all of which blatantly obvious even to the punter) a manager who inspires confidence in the future through his actions played out by the players on the pitch and in his words to the press. - Yes, I'll cheer that. I'll cheer my fucking balls off.

If this was Italy or Argentina, boos would be the least of their problems.

fans pay the money we ahve the right to vent our spleen, But we all knew what Brown was like we had seen his Scotland side do the exact same tactics game after game and to be fair that was effective at national level where players are only playing at the most half a dozen times a year and if you are playing in a side that is free flowing attacking, positive perhaps the chance to be a bit more defensive and negative is a nice change thats what i put down his success at that level to.

I thought that too, but I think its where the visiting team are doing the sprints. At the Hibs game the sprint lines were closer to the corner flag, but against St Mirren yesterday the sprint lines were further up the left flank toward the half way line on the left flank.

Is that where you were looking??

Aye, your probably right, never in early enough to see the warm ups so i never considered it.

I agree with some of what you say, but after so many dull, insipid, defensive, ponderous performances, where we only sometimes show urgency in the last 20 minutes is why people get pissed off.

It's an entertainment business apparently.

Do we often get entertained at Pittodrie?......that's a rhetorical question incidentally.

Craig Brown did his job to save us from relegation - we should thank him for that.

He was given a contract that was 1 year too long in my opinion.

Time for him to go and let a younger manager take over with a bit of aggression and fire in his belly, and who won't take any shite from the Glasgow press, the players, or the opposition, and gets the team to try and win games from the start.

We have fans who still boo at and call our top goal scorer a fenian cunt! I mean on what planet is that defensible?

I agree re Brown incidentally, but his tactics are well known and his approach to the game well documented. We knew what we were getting when we appointed him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We have fans who still boo at and call our top goal scorer a fenian cunt! I mean on what planet is that defensible?

I agree re Brown incidentally, but his tactics are well known and his approach to the game well documented. We knew what we were getting when we appointed him.

This is very true...incidentally some of us have voiced our concerns from day one when the GWT/GWB was announced as manager of AFC...he's an old chancer who has put one over on the Chairman...we need to move on and appoint a Manager with something about him and something to prove...I'd be giving Ricco a call ;) ...

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
1360603841[/url]' post='896748']

Our support's been an embarrassment all season long. I could understand the boos if they also acknowledged in any way the good stuff. It just doesn't happen though. Sit in complete silence until someone mis-places a pass then it's YOU'RE FUCKING SHITE MIN McGINN YOU FENIAN CUNT! BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aberdeen fans are just dour faced bastards. It's embarrassing for me to go to Pittodrie these days as the experience is dreadful due to the shite football we play compounded by a shite fan base who offer nothing to the team in terms of support.

But yes, you pay your money so have at it.

Don't recognise that at all. Plenty of support and encouragement when they were playing well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor
1360611707[/url]' post='896816']

Never heard any of those shouts when in the South stand.

I've never one of our fans call McGinn anything other than positive.

The board fu*ked up with the length of contract but the old cu*t was not prepared to leave Motherwell for a short term deal...some folk may think Broon is a frail old cu*t who is soldiering on but he's not...he's a tough old bast who is stiffing AFC for every penny he can get his greedy hands on.

Good point and I agree. I went to a lunch in Aberdeen when Broon was Scotland boss and he was the guest speaker afterwards. It was an eye-opener. I expected a nervous, soft, quietly spoken individual - None of it, he's slick, confident, smooth and can bewitch an audience. The guy is (or at least was - but probably still is) smart, intelligent, quick witted, articulate and knows how to read/play an audience. He struck me as having the demeanour (and no offence intended to him here) of the guy who could sweet talk into yer granny's hoose and make off with her savings... He is also a gross under achiever in terms of football success and will continually kow-tow to the likes of Fergie, Lennon et al, because this keeps him ingratiated with the realms they operate in..

I don't dislike the guy, I just think he did what he needed to do for us (stability and avoided relegation). Job done, thankyou and good night.

Good point and I agree. I went to a lunch in Aberdeen when Broon was Scotland boss and he was the guest speaker afterwards. It was an eye-opener. I expected a nervous, soft, quietly spoken individual - None of it, he's slick, confident, smooth and can bewitch an audience. The guy is (or at least was - but probably still is) smart, intelligent, quick witted, articulate and knows how to read/play an audience. He struck me as having the demeanour (and no offence intended to him here) of the guy who could sweet talk into yer granny's hoose and make off with her savings... He is also a gross under achiever in terms of football success and will continually kow-tow to the likes of Fergie, Lennon et al, because this keeps him ingratiated with the realms they operate in..

I don't dislike the guy, I just think he did what he needed to do for us (stability and avoided relegation). Job done, thankyou and good night.

Well summed up

I went to a lunch in Aberdeen when Broon was Scotland boss and he was the guest speaker afterwards. It was an eye-opener. I expected a nervous, soft, quietly spoken individual - None of it, he's slick, confident, smooth and can bewitch an audience. The guy is (or at least was - but probably still is) smart, intelligent, quick witted, articulate and knows how to read/play an audience. He struck me as having the demeanour (and no offence intended to him here) of the guy who could sweet talk into yer granny's hoose and make off with her savings...

More commonly known as a con man

• Downvote 1

The ethos of our attending fans seems to have changed radically in recent years. Pele and ebbe got very little abuse compared to brown and they were certainly worse for us than he has been. Calderwood got dogs abuse for defending a 1-0 lead from the 20th main, however the atmosphere was definitely better throughout games under them. Now were lucky to get 1 rendition of stand free per half.

The only thing that spurs folk to life is a misplaced pass or a bad refereeing decision. We've got a shite home support now.

Don't recognise that at all. Plenty of support and encouragement when they were playing well.

Never heard any of those shouts when in the South stand.

I've never one of our fans call McGinn anything other than positive.

Is correct...I've never heard sectarian abuse being voiced in the South Stand

Definitely can be heard in the RDS, frequently.

• Downvote 1

Incidentally this may have changed as I haven't been to a game in a couple of months despite being a season ticket holder, and no it's not cause the football is shite it's because our fans make the experience even more miserable than it would be if they actually supported the team.

I don't know what the problem is or how it can be fixed save winning every game playing Barca-esque levels of total football but I remember a time when I enjoyed going to Pittodrie regardless of how we were playing or who our manager was. It's just not like that any more. It seems we're left with a core of bitter boo boys who go along as some form of masochistic punishment serving as an outlet to release whatever pent up frustration they're carrying from whatever else is missing in their lives. It's such a shame as i love Aberdeen and love away days still, but going to Pittodrie is the fucking pits just now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've never heard anything like that directed to any of our Irish players or players that used to play for celtic.

I've heard a lot of shite, but nae that.