Our Disgraceful Fans At Half And Full Time

Firstly, well said Ke1t.

We pay good money to go and watch Aberdeen play and what do we get in return.... Nothing. I mean nobody is expecting us to be winning the champions league. All I want to see is goals, domination and good attacking football (at Pittodrie at least). For AFC to build everything up at the start of the season and to persuade so many fans to buy season tickets, then to perform like we have this season. Then for Craig Brown to have the cheek to play 1 up front, at Pittodrie, against a St Mirren side who are 11th in the league is a disgrace.

The last time that we have had six 0-0 draws in one season at Pittodrie was in 1913/14. So far this season we have had 5, so looks like we will get 6 or more this season.

And another little fact. At Pittodrie this season we have only scored 13 goals. But yet Craig brown insists that we are attacking and we do play 3 up front...... Aye, okay.

• Upvote 1

I smell shite.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

Jesus if you say so, do you not think it would be a pretty ridiculous thing to just make up out of the blue though? I mean if I wanted to sling shit at our fans there are plenty of other ways of going about it, no?

Look whatever, as i say you pay your money so have at it, but I trust my own ears when I hear something from a matter of yards away. But no you're right, I'm making it up as part of some pointless vendetta to paint our fans as sectarian bigots. That sounds much more plausible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jesus if you say so, do you not think it would be a pretty ridiculous thing to just make up out of the blue though? I mean if I wanted to sling shit at our fans there are plenty of other ways of going about it, no?

Look whatever, as i say you pay your money so have at it, but I trust my own ears when I hear something from a matter of yards away. But no you're right, I'm making it up as part of some pointless vendetta to paint our fans as sectarian bigots. That sounds much more plausible.

His name is tommy, not Jesus

• Upvote 1

Can only assume you are talking about 1 fan? Why lump all fans into the category? Every support in the country will have a few retards though.

Personally never heard anything like that towards any of our players in RDL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, I think it is a ridiculous thing to say. I just don't believe any

fan of AFC has shouted that at McGinn.

You say you heard it. Did you say anything to the perpetrator, did anybody?

• Downvote 1

Yes, I think it is a ridiculous thing to say. I just don't believe any

fan of AFC has shouted that at McGinn.

You say you heard it. Did you say anything to the perpetrator, did anybody?

Fair enough. You're wrong, but I guess I can't dissuade you from burying your head in the sand.

What makes you think AFC fans are above saying such things? Football fans aren't exactly renowned intellectuals.

No of course I didn't. I don't go to the football to converse with morons. What good do you assume would come of saying something to these people? Ohh yeh it was more than one. Imagine that, incredulous at one only to find out it wasn't just one but a group.

Can only assume you are talking about 1 fan? Why lump all fans into the category? Every support in the country will have a few retards though.

Personally never heard anything like that towards any of our players in RDL

Because sadly in a support where silence prevails, all you hear are the idiots. It's not hard to understand why someone's match day can be negatively affected by the moronic minority as they are the ones you hear. If they were drowned out by positivity then this thread wouldn't exist, would it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Because sadly in a support where silence prevails, all you hear are the idiots. It's not hard to understand why someone's match day can be negatively affected by the moronic minority as they are the ones you hear. If they were drowned out by positivity then this thread wouldn't exist, would it?

So it is more than one person hurling sectarian abuse towards McGinn? Quite a few in fact?

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. You're wrong, but I guess I can't dissuade you from burying your head in the sand.

What makes you think AFC fans are above saying such things? Football fans aren't exactly renowned intellectuals.

No of course I didn't. I don't go to the football to converse with morons. What good do you assume would come of saying something to these people? Ohh yeh it was more than one. Imagine that, incredulous at one only to find out it wasn't just one but a group.

It was more than one you say.

I rest my case, you're talking shite.

• Downvote 1

Being honest, I suggest in times of frustration a few things can be said in the heat of the moment.

Doesn't mean it's that prevolent or that, but the word fenian is banded about on here so it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility. Perhaps less likely because McGinn is a popular guy, but still.

Heard the odd racist comment, comments about our manager dying, Bobby Sands, Ibrox Disaster etc also in recent times, it doesn't mean it's the whole stand singing about it is as the Deid Huns did but that's not to say the odd numpty making comments like that cant pop into earshot now and again.

Apparently it is a group of fans shouting sectarian abuse at McGinn. You really hear it lately with our crowd being so quiet.

But the accuser admits he hasn't been to a game in couple of months so must have happened way back when McGinn was banging in the goals.

But also claims it has been happening all season long.

Sorry but just not buying into this one at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently it is a group of fans shouting sectarian abuse at McGinn. You really hear it lately with our crowd being so quiet.

But the accuser admits he hasn't been to a game in couple of months so must have happened way back when McGinn was banging in the goals.

But also claims it has been happening all season long.

Sorry but just not buying into this one at all.

I'm not sure where I said all season long but I've heard it from this group more than once, and not at the same game. I sit in RDS lower towards the away fans and about half way down.

It's not an accusation - just a statement of fact, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You believe it or you don't. I don't know what you think I'm selling, exactly? At least, I'm sure you'll agree, it would be a pretty ridiculous thing for me to make up, no? I mean ask yourself, why? What would be the point? Perhaps at least look through my posts and see if I have a history of making wild outlandish claims against our own fans before deciding that I have, out of the blue, chosen to accuse some of our fans of calling McGinn a fenian cunt for absolutely no reason at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure where I said all season long but I've heard it from this group more than once, and not at the same game. I sit in RDS lower towards the away fans and about half way down.

It's not an accusation - just a statement of fact, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You believe it or you don't. I don't know what you think I'm selling, exactly? At least, I'm sure you'll agree, it would be a pretty ridiculous thing for me to make up, no? I mean ask yourself, why? What would be the point? Perhaps at least look through my posts and see if I have a history of making wild outlandish claims against our own fans before deciding that I have, out of the blue, chosen to accuse some of our fans of calling McGinn a fenian cunt for absolutely no reason at all.

Needs to be stamped out if that's the case. Sectarian chanting from our own supporters would represent a new a low in yet another disappointing season.

• Upvote 1

If you hear someone shouting things you don't like (I.e. racism, sectarianism etc) you should either challenge it or report it IMO. I'm no goody goody but there are lines, if you want to call brown an old cunt, or vernon a useless streak of Pish then fine but don't sing or shout about race, religion or folk dying...... Ibrox is the place for you if that's what you want to do.

The idea that people won't create an atmosphere unless there is a team playing free flowing football is a strange one imo. People all over the world go and watch teams who find themselves struggling in their respective leagues but still go and attempt to create an atmosphere. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced was when a current Serie A team played in Serie C.

We slag the huns off but they are playing absolutely woeful stuff and Hun fans are there week in week out and creating an atmosphere.

The idea that people won't create an atmosphere unless there is a team playing free flowing football is a strange one imo. People all over the world go and watch teams who find themselves struggling in their respective leagues but still go and attempt to create an atmosphere. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced was when a current Serie A team played in Serie C.

We slag the huns off but they are playing absolutely woeful stuff and Hun fans are there week in week out and creating an atmosphere.

Hmmm...slightly different ...the hun at least know they have one of their own managing their club and doing the best he can...we on the other hand have one of them calling the shots and setting up for draws week in week out

they keep winning though...people will go see a winning team. If they had scored 13 home goals all season and won 3 of their 13 home games, would they still be turning up?