Do You Believe In (A) God(S)?

StandFree1982

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in a God/Gods?

• No
    • Yes
    • Not sure
    • I believe in something else...(specify!)

Best explanation I have heard so far as to why / how we are here is the simulated reality argument; -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality

i. Human descendants might not survive long enough to achieve an advanced civilization capable of creating computer simulations that host simulated people with artificial intelligence (AI) comparable to the natural faculties of their ancestors.

ii. Such ancestral simulations might be intellectually or culturally prohibited in some way, even a modest interest could plausibly generate billions of simulated people (for research, genealogy, reenactment, nostalgia, recreation or other reasons).

iii. Informing an artificial person that they are living in a simulation would defeat the authenticity of the simulation

I agree, good post.

My old man was in hospital 6 Months, church elders were up there every day or two to have a chat with him, no religious crap just a how are you doing, see the fitba last night, that kind of stuff, the church went up in my eyes a million percent, he hardly even went to church but was a member, fuck knows how they even knew he was in hospital.....anyway it was a great help to him, me and the family.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Best explanation I have heard so far as to why / how we are here is the simulated reality argument; -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality

i. Human descendants might not survive long enough to achieve an advanced civilization capable of creating computer simulations that host simulated people with artificial intelligence (AI) comparable to the natural faculties of their ancestors.

ii. Such ancestral simulations might be intellectually or culturally prohibited in some way, even a modest interest could plausibly generate billions of simulated people (for research, genealogy, reenactment, nostalgia, recreation or other reasons).

iii. Informing an artificial person that they are living in a simulation would defeat the authenticity of the simulation

The Catholic church is a cesspit of paedophiles and weird concepts, they still preach no contraception in aids riddled Africa, a fucked up religion that costs people life's.

I was reluctant to share my views on the church. I'm going to delete the posts that you have replied.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The cynical amongst us might not believe your reasons for editing. In fact, the very cynical might point out the truth of your first edit, which read "I agree. good post" which you deleted and which contained absolutely no reference to your "views on the church": -

Don't worry. dayts captured it for posterity and for all time. The record doesn't lie. It's only the extremely cynical, some might say sick - I know I would - who might assume that you felt uncomfortable sucking dayts cock off complimenting a poster with whom you had been showing great lack of grace to these last 24 hours. I particularly like the "thanks for sharing" line. That gave me warm and fuzzies. So kewyooot.

You're fucking relentless rocket. You're a fucking madman. I know, I know. I can't help it. You can get help for that you know. Fuck off cunt.

Ah the idiot backup pm has arrived.

Both posts I praised Dayts for sensible posts, he then outed himself as a bigot. I'm perched on the moral high ground, somewhere your bunions will never reside.

Listen I don't deal with bigots. Perhaps he will be banned for his comments, perhaps not. All I know I I'm not interested in sharing a platform with such a closed minded neanderthal. His contradictory suggestions about the church were the sort of stuff you read through your fingers. It's no-ones surprise your backing up the culprit.

• Downvote 1

I don't care how you wrap it but would prefer it if you get it done, you and a couple others have brought the good vibe of this forum down.

Do you understand how this post looks?

You and RS have without question went on a mission to stir up mischief. The first I learn of yourself and your pen pal was through anger.

You post to the masses now that somehow your the victim. Dry your crocodile tears, hope that your bigoted conduct isn't the death of you and start respecting others.

Everyone on the forum manages it other than you and RS. Time to grow up a little fella.

• Downvote 3

You also like to be in control, to make the rules. Well guess what weegie wannabe, you don't. This is Aberdeen.

I will place this in your top ten. Number 1 of course being the 95% theory, the most moronic thing I've ever read. I've shared your logic, it's fail safe facepalm material. Y

That is a fucking lie, as everyone on here knows. You came on to the shite thread and contributed nothing but personal attacks so don't go greeting when you were disposed of so expertly and excellently. It may be bigotry in your book - is it sacrilege you kafflicks call it? - to put forward an honest view about a faith but to have been so brainwashed that you can't even understand that others - every non-kafflick actually - don't agree with you?

Didn't you even find it slightly funny when two of my personalities fell out with each other? I do try to amuse, even for you.

Away back in the side car. I didn't think it was possible to be worse that Dayts, yet you are achieving with merit.

I've yet to view one of your posts where instigation wasn't the catalyst. I'm expecting your retort to heighten the bonfire of stroke-inducing fail.

• Downvote 1

I find it hard to consider the existence of an Earth Creator as viable. Geology lets us know quite conclusively the age of the Earth, the motions of plates, and explanations for species development - as well as reason behind "missing links" in evolution. So, we are all here on Earth by some pure fluke. Great, I get that. What I don't get is the infinite density and subsequent inflation at the point of the "Big Bang". To that, no one can give a spark, or Creation explanation. Stephen Hawking won't dismiss the notion of a Creator, I'm happy to hang on to his coat-tails (or handles of his pimped-up ride).

Do I get to have a pint with my Granda once I'm deid? Fucking unlikely, though it is a nice thought - so I can sort of see why people have perpetuated the myth. Comfort. Faith.

I'm happy for people to believe what they want, I would however like to know why they believe what they do. I'm open minded, if somoene goes "look, God / higher being, wrote me a letter proving his existence" then it would get me thinking. So far in my 30+ years of living on this planet I've not seen a SINGLE piece of evidence that there is a God in the common religious terms. I hear a lot about "signs" that these "believers" have seen, but none of them have been able to actual display any substance other than "well...it's in the book you see" or "I woke up one night and seen the face of christ on my wall made from the light creeping in through the blinds"

or were you nowhere near the action, realised that no-one had come for you, went for a walk, cut some wire and walked back to friendly forces?

Either way, I'm sure we're still waiting for you to say something interesting about your ordeal.

Hang on a minute, the man is traumatised, 24 hours in a cupboard with nobody bothering you too much and then a brisk stroll in the 5am sunshine whilst being forced to wield lethal wire cutters several miles away from where folk were kidnapped would be enough to freak anybody out ffs min.