For All Ypou Football Aficienados

Why do I need to comeback? you have been ousted as a wannabe "hipster", nothing further to add.

I bet you have all the offical FIFA world cup films recoreded from ESPN classic then talk down the pub of the 78 world cup and regales every game and the brilliance of Mario Kempes and how his later move to Europe didnt live up to expecations.

I have come across your type before, tiresome.

:checkit:

why do u need a comeback?? haha u really are a spaz eh. so let me get this right......so because i watch german and italian football, and have great memories of italian footy from early 90's makes me a wannabe hipster?? care to explain how and why?

didna even kane kempes played in europe, nae got much interest in that really.

iv come across ur type before, complete bellend with no real point or explanation to ur desperate argument :checkit:

Folk love the football hispter chat after reading that article on some blog.

Calling someone a football hipster is very football hipster-ish.

I'd never even heard of the term til a few weeks ago. Must be the in thing.

I hadnt even heard about it until yesterday although Im now banding it about like I came up with it myself, great term.

you get all the goals on ITV 2 on Saturday mornings.

nae a bad highlights show

Aye I ken, I vaguely recall watching it a couple of times.

It's good to watch all the goals in one go, but actually watching and following German football?

What would possess a UK national to do such an absurd thing?

Are these same folk interested in the Bulgarian 3rd division?

It's good to watch all the goals in one go, but actually watching and following German football?

Don't think they've made their way to Itv 2 Tup.

I have been know to follow and have a flutter on Bulgarian B Group football, boy in our office there has some cracking tips that always seem to come in, funny that.

I think a lot of terms created by geeks on the internet are spoiling good arguments that could be had on forums.

Someone will throw in a term they heard for the first time that seems to describe someone's fitba knowledge or how they come across and that's the end of it.

It's boring.

I blame bloggers.

:Traynor:

A Scottish national is also a UK national, and England is in the UK ergo that makes it acceptable using tups wee bit of logic there.

No, it disna.

Scotland hate England.

England hate Scotland.

No cunt in England likes Scottish football.

Only poofs and fannies in Scotland like English football.

Capiche?

I think a lot of terms created by geeks on the internet are spoiling good arguments that could be had on forums.

Someone will throw in a term they heard for the first time that seems to describe someone's fitba knowledge or how they come across and that's the end of it.

It's boring.

I blame bloggers.

spoken like someone who can't justify his support for liverpool or why he follows german fitba, lazio or some dude that's name starts with aY who plays for a turkish team

you are the ultimate football hipster

I'm taking the piss by the way

aye its been the best for years now. serie a has been amazin the last few years aswell, almost back to the glory days of the early 90's.

Strange! Its so far away from the early 90's its not true, list the 2 Milan teams first 11 from then, and compare them to now, jesus, other than Balotelli, maybe, not one would get a game for the previous sides, compare Lazio now, to Lazio of say 2000, or Juve in their pomp, think of the players back then(I'm covering a wide period here) from Vieri, Crespo, Nesta, Veron, Mancini, Baresi, Del Piero, Baggio, Cannavaro, Seedorf, Kluivert, Van Basten, Sammer, ...the list goes on and on, Lazio's star now is an ageing Klose and an Brazilian that most people have never heard of, Milan, have gone from being a team of household names, to nobody having a clue who most of them are, Inter struggling so much they dont actually have a recognised fit striker, and all conquering Juve have Pirlo and Boofon and after that most fans couldn't name another player from their team.

However, it is a good league, a lot of good football played, and a lot of high scoring matches, except when Lazio play.

So will folk stop following English fitba if we go independent as a nation?

I think that depends. You may get off on the technicality that you can claim to be European, thus making it perfectly acceptable to follow both the EPL and the Bulgarian 3rd division, along with the Bundesliga.

spoken like someone who can't justify his support for liverpool or why he follows german fitba, lazio or some dude that's name starts with aY who plays for a turkish team

many a true word spoken in jest

itch-chin.gif

Strange! Its so far away from the early 90's its not true, list the 2 Milan teams first 11 from then, and compare them to now, jesus, other than Balotelli, maybe, not one would get a game for the previous sides, compare Lazio now, to Lazio of say 2000, or Juve in their pomp, think of the players back then(I'm covering a wide period here) from Vieri, Crespo, Nesta, Veron, Mancini, Baresi, Del Piero, Baggio, Cannavaro, Seedorf, Kluivert, Van Basten, Sammer, ...the list goes on and on, Lazio's star now is an ageing Klose and an Brazilian that most people have never heard of, Milan, have gone from being a team of household names, to nobody having a clue who most of them are, Inter struggling so much they dont actually have a recognised fit striker, and all conquering Juve have Pirlo and Boofon and after that most fans couldn't name another player from their team.

However, it is a good league, a lot of good football played, and a lot of high scoring matches, except when Lazio play.

spot on. italian football these days is a mere shadow of its former self.

you canna compare them. its an embarassing comedown.

woah woah calm doon min, maybe i shouldv worded it differently, the entertainment is alot better in the last 2-3 seasons that it was the 10 or so years previous to that. haha why the disdain for Lazio? theyv played some quality football this year and have some crackin players, granted no as stellar as some previously mentioned players before u go mental again haha

woah woah calm doon min, maybe i shouldv worded it differently, the entertainment is alot better in the last 2-3 seasons that it was the 10 or so years previous to that. haha why the disdain for Lazio? theyv played some quality football this year and have some crackin players, granted no as stellar as some previously mentioned players before u go mental again haha

Not sure I went mental, I can only take your point on how you actually worded it, and indicated I disagreed :)

I'm a Lazio "fan" so no disdain, I like Ledesma,Candreva, Marchetti, and Hernanes is pure class, however, they don't score many goals and don't concede many either.

You should take the piss more often.

For once, you are 100% correct.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure I went mental, I can only take your point on how you actually worded it, and indicated I disagreed :)

I'm a Lazio "fan" so no disdain, I like Ledesma,Candreva, Marchetti, and Hernanes is pure class, however, they don't score many goals and don't concede many either.

haha i was jokin min! aye Lazio are my italian team. or the Italian team i prefer, better watch how i word that incase i get picked on for bein a hipster or sumin. aye their squad of players is certainly nowhere near standards of previous years like. managed to catch the first half o the game v pescara the other night, 2 crackers o goals like!

haha i was jokin min! aye Lazio are my italian team. or the Italian team i prefer, better watch how i word that incase i get picked on for bein a hipster or sumin. aye their squad of players is certainly nowhere near standards of previous years like. managed to catch the first half o the game v pescara the other night, 2 crackers o goals like!

Lazio are a good side. Ridiculously sensible so they'll win often but won't score many in the process. Pretty much the opposite of Roma under Zeman.

I dream of being called a hipster!

They were poor against Pescara, but have been on a really bad run, they are still a solid side, and have done well in the Europa this year. I was surprised Saha didn't get on against Pescara was interested to see how he'd get on.

Lazio are a good side. Ridiculously sensible so they'll win often but won't score many in the process. Pretty much the opposite of Roma under Zeman.

aye Roma are a hit or a miss, they were crackin start of the season but they went on a horrible run recently and have looked a different team. thought zeman's tactics at times were bold but brilliant though. theyv got their fair share of mediocre players though. just like lazio theyr far away from previous years in terms of top talent