The Demise Of Dunfermline

Worth over 100K?

Not a chance!

In that market he probably was though, not in today's prices, but that's not relevant, you need to index it to the type of transfer fee being bandied about (by everyone) at that time.

I always thought he was a good player whenever I seen him anyway.

In that market he probably was though, not in today's prices, but that's not relevant, you need to index it to the type of transfer fee being bandied about (by everyone) at that time.

I always thought he was a good player whenever I seen him anyway.

very true, silly money was being thrown about at the time, a lot of overspending was done by most of the teams in the league.

But ultimately my point was dunfermline fans were on here venting when we took in calderwood that he was a cheque book manager and had seriously hurt the clubs finances by the choice of player he took in, a few years down the line its caught up with them.

Lets not forget the amount of our money hes pissed away

The atmosphere between then and now around the club is astounding when you think about it.

Folk have been worn down I suggest.

Think a lot of it was down to the playing staff, players like dow, zero, tosh etc etc seemed to give a fuck, they wernt terribly good but the fans got behind them because they were leaving everything on the pitch.

The club make it very hard for fans to support them!

Think a lot of it was down to the playing staff, players like dow, zero, tosh etc etc seemed to give a fuck, they wernt terribly good but the fans got behind them because they were leaving everything on the pitch.

The club make it very hard for fans to support them!

This is very true. We seemed to at least be guaranteed effort back then.

I can't be bothered with it all any more.

The whole thing really is shite.

Ebbe Skovdahl was our best manager in the last 10 years,

Won more games in europe, more cup finals and longest home win run!

Ebbe was a character for sure but Pele was the best manager we have had in recent times...even thru the haze of heavy alcoholism he managed to keep us just about afloat with fu*k all cash to spend...if he is sober now and it's a big if...I'd welcome him back with open arms...a shrewd cu*t with an eye for a player and something to prove...could be a winner

• Upvote 3

Ebbe was a character for sure but Pele was the best manager we have had in recent times...even thru the haze of heavy alcoholism he managed to keep us just about afloat with fu*k all cash to spend...if he is sober now and it's a big if...I'd welcome him back with open arms...a shrewd cu*t with an eye for a player and something to prove...could be a winner

Put it away min

I don't think Paterson was a terrible manager as such. I mean, he was absolutely disastrous in his spell at Aberdeen, a shambles of a man away from the ground and a disaster at it... when he didn't miss it through drink.

His mandate was to slash the budget. That was priority number one. He wasn't told to go win a cup or the league, he was told to save money. He was given a wage ceiling for players 25% of what Ebbe had been given. And when your number one objective as manager is simply 'save money'... and Aberdeen were sitting 11th when Paterson came in, so he was operating on a budget 75% LESS than that which had put us into a relegation fight.... when your number one objective is to save money the football goes out the window.

So losing high earners and bringing in the only players he could afford with the budget afforded him for new players... that being 1st Division players... coupled with his complete lack of any kind of professionalism, is what did for him.

If he had been sober I think he'd have managed better than he did. If he had been given the budgets of his predecessors, rather than a budget that forced him to buy substandard journeymen, then he'd have done substantially better.

"My first impressions of the team were not favourable. They lacked many of the qualities I had instilled into my previous sides over the years. The fighting spirit was poor, there was an absence of leadership, little flair in either midfield or the flanks, and two strikers who would have struggled to score in a brothel.

Communication, especially at the back, was nonexistent, and it was unsurprising that they sat at eleventh in the league."

...was the side Paterson inherited.

I recommend you all buy Confessions of a Highland Hero :)

EDIT: I just bought it again on Nook, because my loon decided to shower while reading my physical copy.

• Upvote 1

"Gentleman Wage Thief", this old duffer, sack the old c*nt

I think Broons hatred (possibly racial?) for Fatty Broon... Put a sock in it ya daft old bas*ard

greeting faced weegie twat Fatty will not let us down...the treatment the club and some fans have given Fatty is a disgrace...If I was Broon and AFC I'd be counting my blessing that the treatment Fatty has had to endure has not ended up in a racial discrimination lawsuit...

Correct...Pele ...even pished was twice the man that weegie prick was

Why do you always resort to name calling or inference that folk are some how mentally challenged?...it's a strange trait... :dontknow:

Do I? Never noticed. Perhaps it's only the idiots I call idiots but I'll try to be more mindful in future not to single anyone out.

Would be appreciated...before folks start thinking it's a lack of education... ;)

Best get yerself back to school first then chief

feel sorry for the current players and fans, this was caused 10 years ago by moneygrabbers like the young brothers, stevie crawford etc.... and Yorkston/Masterton.

Having said that, i dont remember 1 fan complaning at the time, and certainly seemed over the moon when they signed the young brothers off of us. I was at Calderwoods last game as dunfermline manager and he got a standing ovation from the fans and it was only when players later had to take paycuts that they started slagging him, they definately didnt want him to leave. My brother didnt talk to me for a couple of weeks when we took him on as manager.

They should have gone into administration years ago when they players had to take the paycuts, instead of clinging on as they have been doing for years. They'll get through it for certain, there's still alot of support in the town for the club but they're in for a rough ride and Yorkston/Masterton both have to GTF!

feel sorry for the current players and fans, this was caused 10 years ago by moneygrabbers like the young brothers, stevie crawford etc.... and Yorkston/Masterton.

Having said that, i dont remember 1 fan complaning at the time, and certainly seemed over the moon when they signed the young brothers off of us. I was at Calderwoods last game as dunfermline manager and he got a standing ovation from the fans and it was only when players later had to take paycuts that they started slagging him, they definately didnt want him to leave. My brother didnt talk to me for a couple of weeks when we took him on as manager.

They should have gone into administration years ago when they players had to take the paycuts, instead of clinging on as they have been doing for years. They'll get through it for certain, there's still alot of support in the town for the club but they're in for a rough ride and Yorkston/Masterton both have to GTF!

"They'll get through it for certain"

What makes you so sure?

At the Partick game, they had about 2600, and about 700-800 would've been Thistle fans.