Bbc Alba Gothenburg 83 Doc

that was a great programme, a fars hatt t-shirt in the same style as the hotel sign, is a must.

one of the banners spelled Emmanuelle wrong, they had it as Emmanuel. unless the corner of the banner blew up in the wind.

I totally forgot about the Fars Hatt hotel story, it was probably lost on our non NE players but Simmie lapped it up. A t-shirt with Simmie and that caption would be a winner for me

A great documentary and spotted a few blasts from the past in the supporters scenes. To think we nearly did it again the following season, well almost and where we could have met Juventus in Basle. When will we see their likes again....

All of whom he was streets ahead of. I hate the love-in for Davie Cooper. He was inconsistent. If he was as great as is made out, would he have landed up at Motherwell? Motherwell who were a lesser team then than they are now.

Jock Stein and even Ferguson struggled to pick some Aberdeen players for the national side - because there was already a large contingent from the team there. Leighton, McLeish, Miller & Strachan were already definites. If you added in McGhee, Simpson, Cooper, Bell and Weir you would have upset the ugly sisters too much. I think that is why some Dons players never got the number of caps they deserved. Scotland would have benefited at Spain in 1982 - and possibly at Mexico in 1986 if they had just fielded the Dons first team.

Have to agree. No doubting that Cooper was a good player but he was kinda good at a 'Local' level. Not quite the world class legend that some would have you believe.

Bit like Pat Nevin. Not as bad as Pat Nevin but could get found out and muffled in a similar way.

Watched it twice now. Although I wasn't born I feel very proud, yet sad at the same time. A sea of red down Union Street. Where are all those people now? Even with our decline it's sad to see the little respect the club has, even by fellow Aberdonians who slag it off and choose to follow an English team

• 7 months later...