3 Months Since My Last Fag

Being ganged up on by a fat junkie and an aggressive ginger doesn't scare me.

I smoked my last cigarette approx. 10mins ago. Having around 80 packets of Marlboro in cupboard I wont be quitting anytime soon.

Quitting is for poofs.

that's not what you said on June 12, 2014...

Hasn't been a problem stopping. 4 weeks now,no vaping, patches, chewing gum or anything else to assist. Cold Turkey; it's the Mark of a Man...

:whistling:

• Upvote 2

that's not what you said on June 12, 2014...

Hasn't been a problem stopping. 4 weeks now,no vaping, patches, chewing gum or anything else to assist. Cold Turkey; it's the Mark of a Man...

:whistling:

Listen smartypants.....

I did stop for a while, I was only trying to be like you to offer some encouragement. We were 'hands across the ocean' non-smoking buddies.

I then got various offers from offshore minions who would bribe me with duty free cigarettes in return for placements on cushy numbers on various installations.

One would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth hence the stopping of stopping.

Listen smartypants.....

I did stop for a while, I was only trying to be like you to offer some encouragement. We were 'hands across the ocean' non-smoking buddies.

I then got various offers from offshore minions who would bribe me with duty free cigarettes in return for placements on cushy numbers on various installations.

One would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth hence the stopping of stopping.

i was definitely not pulling you up for still smoking! it's a hard habit to break and worth trying to do so as many times as it takes.

rather, i was giving you a bit of poke for calling others poofs for quitting, when you yourself had. but when you did it, it was manly. that's all.

but i consider myself suitably chastised.

LGIR x

It seems to me that medical research has confirmed the harm smoking does to everyone who is near it. Perhaps if any governments were interested in the health of their people they would ban the practice altogether?

Are those electronic devices any safer? Would it not make sense for a tobacco company to invent a product that had positive health benefits?

• 5 months later...

I see there are plans afoot to deny NHS resources to fat folk and smokers:

The NHS will ban patients from surgery indefinitely unless they lose weight or quit smoking, under controversial plans drawn up in Hertfordshire.

The restrictions - thought to be the most extreme yet to be introduced by health services - immediately came under attack from the Royal College of Surgeons.
Its vice president called for an “urgent rethink” of policies which he said were “discriminatory” and went against the fundamental principles of the NHS.
In recent years, a number of areas have introduced delays for such patients - with some told operations will be put back for months, during which time they are expected to try to lose weight or stop smoking.
But the new rules, drawn up by clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) in Hertfordshire, say that obese patients “will not get non-urgent surgery until they reduce their weight” at all, unless the circumstances are exceptional.
The criteria also mean smokers will only be referred for operations if they have stopped smoking for at least eight weeks, with such patients breathalysed before referral.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/17/nhs-provokes-fury-indefinite-surgery-ban-smokers-obese/

I see there are plans afoot to deny NHS resources to fat folk and smokers:

I saw that - would be amazed if they got away with it. Some calls already for a rethink.

Certain other groups who indulge in behaviour known to cause harm get immunisations and medicine on the NHS to try to mitigate the worst of the effects, yet the fat and smokers are treated like this?

Its obvious discrimination. Not least because of all groups indulging in possible harmful behaviour, smokers actually pay for their treatment through the high tobacco tax.

Hardcore smokers should claim they were born smokers and even the mere suggestion they might be able to stop smoking is deeply offensive and a form of prejudice.

I saw that - would be amazed if they got away with it. Some calls already for a rethink.

Certain other groups who indulge in behaviour known to cause harm get immunisations and medicine on the NHS to try to mitigate the worst of the effects, yet the fat and smokers are treated like this?

Its obvious discrimination. Not least because of all groups indulging in possible harmful behaviour, smokers actually pay for their treatment through the high tobacco tax.

Hardcore smokers should claim they were born smokers and even the mere suggestion they might be able to stop smoking is deeply offensive and a form of prejudice.

many say the same of drinking too. but i'm doubtful that in each case the tax paid is substantial enough to cover medical costs of long-term illnesses like cancer or transplants, plus just ongoing more routine costs of medical care and decaying bodies.

but the whole point of universal health care is it doesn't discriminate amongst the recipients.. or you could make the same sort of cost judgments about all kinds of groups of people. how about runners that run for years and years and cause joint injuries? couples that wait too long to have children and then received IVF? a woman that chooses to have a high risk birth? the list would go on and on.

so i'd have to disagree CS.

many say the same of drinking too. but i'm doubtful that in each case the tax paid is substantial enough to cover medical costs of long-term illnesses like cancer or transplants, plus just ongoing more routine costs of medical care and decaying bodies.

Regarding smoking, tobacco sales bring in an estimated 12 billion in tax revenue* per year.

The NHS is estimated to spend between 3 and 6 billion treating tobacco related illness per year.

https://fullfact.org/economy/does-smoking-cost-much-it-makes-treasury/

(*this doesnt include other tax contributions from the tobacco industry, such as income tax, vat etc).

but the whole point of universal health care is it doesn't discriminate amongst the recipients

so i'd have to disagree CS.

No you agree! Non discrimination was the exact point I was making! (or trying to anyway lol)

I have given up smoking many times... and sometimes for long periods of time but I can never stay away.

I fucking hate smoking too.

The next time yiv been off them for say longer than three weeks lets say, and you feel the craving - if yer not in a public place get a bit of paper like post-it note size and roll it up into a cylinder; don't light it but put it to yer lips and inhale through it like it was a ciggie. Breath out deeply and continue for as long as yi would a fag.

Not a doctor or anything like but I make it by about 3 weeks the nicotine is out yer system so it's only yer memory that needs to smoke.

Inhaling even fresh air then breathing out fully makes you feel good anyway - you don't need the nicotine.

Skydivers?

You're clearly fat and a smoker which is shameful given you're bringing children into the world.

You're definitely a closet gay. Your sad attempts to criticise homosexuality at every single opportunity smack of someone repressing their love of cock.