Confederations Cup 2013

Hulk seems more like a German player than a Brazilian. Technically he seems pretty good, but not exactly a flair player.

Anyway, that's Spain found out, and about fucking time. Never liked them...

Fred plays for Fluminense, btw.

Hanson had a point about Hulk. Utterly over rated. Didn't see all of last night but I've seen plenty of him in the CL, pish, especially taking into account the ridiculous price zenit paid for him. Twice I've watched matches where commentators have laughed at how shite he was and joked if he was actually Brazilian.

Surprised by last nights scoreline, Vialli was right though, physical conditioning seemed the main thing from what I saw. Brazil's work rate was higher. Unusual to see a Spain team out worked but they couldn't go on winning everything. Still a class team, I wouldn't write them off for the World Cup yet, their strength in depth is phenomenal. Hard to pick between brazil, argies, germans and spanish for next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alan Hansen before the match kicked off:

hahaha!

Glass houses.

:sherlock:

Lop-sided draw sees Nadal, Federer and Murray in action tomorrow. However Murray has a pretty clear run until Tsonga in Quarters. Murray has always had the measure of Tsonga on grass, so that'll set up a semi with Federer or Nadal!

Fancy Nadal to make it through that...

• Downvote 1

Torres is utterly awful too. How did he go from not getting in the squad to starting every game anyway?

i cant believe he gets anywhere near the squad, far less the starting 11.

cunt bang on about spain strength in depth, llorente, soldado all these types.

yet torres plays.

i dont understand it

he cost 50m on the basis of a couple of good season at liverpool. he is absolute murder.

• Upvote 1

Very tough game for any player to play upfront for Spain last night! Torres was pretty good in every game he played in apart from last night. After 4 against a shite team then 1 against Nigeria and having played very well against Italy you couldn't really not start him really. I still believe Torres will be a massive success at his next club.

Very tough game for any player to play upfront for Spain last night! Torres was pretty good in every game he played in apart from last night. After 4 against a shite team then 1 against Nigeria and having played very well against Italy you couldn't really not start him really. I still believe Torres will be a massive success at his next club.

what about his finaly year with liverpool and his entire chelsea career leads you to believe the above?

[also you can include his time with spain during that period also]

He's just a different player. He scores goals - sclaffs, in off the keeper, easy chances, but how often does he score a goal and you go 'wow', like his first seasons at Liverpool?

Pretty sure i could score 4 against Tahiti...sorry make that 5, I wouldn't have missed the penalty either.

He's just a different player. He scores goals - sclaffs, in off the keeper, easy chances, but how often does he score a goal and you go 'wow', like his first seasons at Liverpool?

Pretty sure i could score 4 against Tahiti...sorry make that 5, I wouldn't have missed the penalty either.

no he isnt.

saying he is 'just different' is an injustice to the likes of kone, holt and soton ricky.

theyre all better than torres. and didnt cost a world rec ord fee

Torres was at one point one of the best strikers in the world. Never looked like he was going to miss when through on goal.

It's all in the heid.

He was a phenomenal striker and then once he got his niggly injuries he lost it in his last season at Liverpool. How the fuck Chelsea thought it was worth paying that money for him i'll never understand

I thought it was a great game and was surprised how good the whole tournament was, entertaining and some great football on display.

I enjoyed that game more than I've enjoyed a game in a while, but most of my football viewing this year has been Aberdeen and Phoenix, two degrees of abject pish,

I thought the whole tournament was entertaining.

Imagine that, entertaining fitba.

and we're not going to the world cup, thank you levein.

That was evident by the end of game 2 of the group stage.

I don't think I've ever seen a Scotland team so clueless, talentless, and gutless.

Who the fuck would ever hire Levein after his performance as Scotland manager?

Third Division players in the team, refusing to play Griffiths and Fletcher but playing guys like Miller and Berra... and playing NO strikers against a piss poor Czech side. Refusing to admit to mistakes, arrogance of the highest order, and a total lack of any managerial capabilities whatsoever.

He'll probably get a Championship gig no problem.

it would've been the pinnacle of anyone's career at the moment, especially the non champ-leaguers, to get some tangible success.

the players and the manager got it so wrong, I dread to think what levein was like during these games, really boring team talks no doubt. his job interviews will be clinical and sterile, so he'll impress some oaf looking to hire a shite arsene wenger.