Microsoft Xbox One Rip Off

I bought a playstation a couple of years back but hardly ever turn it on. Then I got a Sony laptop and when they found each other they went fucking mental. Never turn them both on at the same time anymore cos I worry they might cause each other to set fire to my house.

ok sorry

and HOW do you get that initial suspicion of them being involved in extreme militancy?

You use your limited resources to properly monitor known terror cells, known extremist groups, and maintain a network of friendly informants who can tip ypu off, rather than ineffectually, and pointlessly, monitoring tens of millions of innocent civilians.

got ya

so you only monitor ones you know, instead of looking for ones you dont?

good one

Ah, the strawman fallacy.

That's not what I said, nor what I suggested.

So, congratulations on your 100% record of not having a clue as to what is being discussed.

That's kind of a skill, I guess.

...of course it isn't really. It's just a lack of critical thinking :)

really?

so youd take a pretty home screen over better performance?

No. I'd rather have something that it entertaining and intuitive and easy to use rather than something that has a marginally faster processor or bigger hard drive. Christ, I'd take PS1 graphics if the games were better! I was looking into getting the WiiU but the games just don't do it for me.

I'm disappointed in the turn around to be honest. Sony only went the way they did because they need to sell a shit ton of PS4s to make up for the money they blew on the PS3, a console with the cell processor that would blow the 360 out the water as it was apparently akin to a supercomputer.

Game and places like that are fucking game developers over with their used game policies. Ok scenario

4 people buy a game at £44, of that £352, game gets £116. The 4 complete it and want to return it after 2 days. Game pays them £20 for the game and puts it back on the shelf as pre-owned at £39. 4 people come in to buy the new game a couple of days after release, game pushes them towards their used game to save the customer money. Consumer buys used.

Net outcome Game should get £33.50, when their cut for exactly the same product should have been £14.50. Keep in mind that they're selling exactly the same product, its not like a car or a book, which go through wear and tear. Its 0s and 1s on a disc, its quality doesn't deteriorate, it might get scratched, but it can be recovered for resurfacing for like 50p.

They can do it again, and again, selling so they never have to bring in new stock. They then turn round and demand that devs offer them things like exclusive content at launch and things like that, and threaten to not stock games by certain publishers if they try to undercut them by offering cheaper digital downloads.

Games business model is shite for publishers and devs. Its not the big companies that they hurt, its smaller publishers, who end up out of business. Though big companies get hurt. THQ were a massive company making great games, selling reasonably well. Went out of business.

Microsofts PR sucked at E3. They never laid out their vision. The 24 hour check was necessary for a couple of reasons.

1) Piracy. Not as common on consoles as on PC, but does happen.

2) And this is the reason I really supported their plan. And I'll bet the average consumer knew little about it (MS didn't promote it well and big gaming sites ignored it.

They had this sharing thing, where you could select 10 friends, and they had access to all of your gaming library. The only stipulation was that only one friend could access at a time. How cool would that have been, having access to play all your mates games all the time. This is why the 24 hr check was needed, because it would have been easy to abuse this system without it.

So a big opportunity missed I think.

As for specs. They're baffling you with numbers

GDDR5 is the choice of most graphics card makers, its ideally suited for GPU. Its also become cheap (until November apparently was only intending on using 4GB GDDR5)

DDR3 is far better suited for CPU processing, doing things such as AI, collision detection etc, they apparently have a lesser graphics unit, but its custom built and has very fast eSRAM feeding it.

PS4 is a slight winner in terms of graphics. Xbox One is a slight winner in terms of processing power.