I Wonder Who Has The Best Job In Aberdeen? (Working Away From Home Counts)

Thing with an office job is its hard to tweak more than 2 holidays a year out of it, whereas a 2/3 rotation opens up different possiblities. Mind you, there's nothing coming over you or me with two holidays a year - we all need a reality check sometimes. My gran wouldn't be happy hearing anyone moan about 'only' getting away twice a year - they fought a war you know (and to be fair, they actually did - AND then get one banana a week for the next decade wit rations)

There's always the here and now too in a Zen kind of way. You can never escape it, and you should never stop appreciating it. Even how you type the next l e t t e r

w o w

h e r e w e a r e

I've got a decent shift pattern that allows me to get away a lot if I want to, i'm rostered.....

3 days on

3 days off

3 nights on

6 days off

I'm down to work 144 shifts plus 11 additional shifts to make up the hours for my salary and on top of that I get 23 days annual leave...so for holidays this year i'll manage to squeeze in....

2 weeks Lanzarote (family)

1 week Amsterdam/Koln/Berlin (with pals)

5 days Amsterdam (with pals)

5 days Benidorm (golfing holiday with pals)

1 week Gran Canaria (family)

On the other side I have a pal who works in an office for a pensions firm with 32 days annual leave and he is allowed to earn 16 additional flexi days which gives him plenty of scope to get away !!

dreadful brands minijc, utterly horrific

From the 'adult' with his name on the back of a football shirt, good one. They are lovely brands with great fitting items, my nudie shirt I bought the other week cost £180 and I was £140 for nudie jeans a while back too, both give loads of comfort and fit extremely well.

Also one of my favourite tshirts is my Bape one that I bought in their store in Singapore, cost £80 but well worth it even though it's a little tight right now, fuck i love spending cash, I'm so fucking LTD it's unreal.

For me, if the bills get paid, I can afford a few toys, and I'm happy at what I do then that's what matters for me.

Unfortunately I'm currently looking to change job as there is absolutely no security and the new director seems to regard me as the "he can take another job off me" fella for all the wild and wacky shit he doesn't want to do and which I couldn't give even half a crap about.

Not impressed, combined with him coming in and removing my position from the org chart. Righteo buddy.

So looking to move into a slightly different field, further removed from my technology background but still in health.

For me, if the bills get paid, I can afford a few toys, and I'm happy at what I do then that's what matters for me.

Unfortunately I'm currently looking to change job as there is absolutely no security and the new director seems to regard me as the "he can take another job off me" fella for all the wild and wacky shit he doesn't want to do and which I couldn't give even half a crap about.

Not impressed, combined with him coming in and removing my position from the org chart. Righteo buddy.

So looking to move into a slightly different field, further removed from my technology background but still in health.

Work as a Dungeonmaster.

You do that in your spare time anyway so make some money out of it.

Just out of interest :

How many offshore folk here would take a drop in pay to be based onshore in Aberdeen?

How many office based folk would go offshore for a rise in pay?

I've just done it. Took a small pay cut to move into an engineering role in the office. Was scunnered of offshore and the move came at the right time.

I did it 18 months ago.

Took a slight drop in wages for 6 months, then money went back up to what I was getting offshore and I'm now ripping off a Canadian/Chinese Oil Company for decent wedge.

Stuck offshore for the shutdown, but it's only for a few weeks, then deskbound on dry land again.(saying that I'm desk bound out here so all good) :)

From the 'adult' with his name on the back of a football shirt, good one. They are lovely brands with great fitting items, my nudie shirt I bought the other week cost £180 and I was £140 for nudie jeans a while back too, both give loads of comfort and fit extremely well.

Also one of my favourite tshirts is my Bape one that I bought in their store in Singapore, cost £80 but well worth it even though it's a little tight right now, fuck i love spending cash, I'm so fucking LTD it's unreal.

£320 isnt that a nudie lot to spend on a pair of jeans and a shirt to puke on during a Saturday night?

;)

I can fit in to large, prefer xl for plenty of room, this weekend I'll be wearing my sky blue short shorts and my pina colada tie-dye tshirt from 'Watch' maybe stick on flip flops too as it's a BBQ up in cove and we may head down the rocks for a carry on probably take a magnum of grey goose up with me too just to catch the girls eyes.

Ooohh... girls who's eyes light up for a man carrying strong spirits.

Wish I'd thought of that strategy. Guaranteed classy broads. Will make excellent mothers.

Rocket, I'm 22, I have no care for kids yet, I'm one of lifes good guys that wants to treat a girl by giving her some find spirits.

Dude, none of us think of kids at 22. That wasn't the point.

The instincts deployed for hunting pussy come from the same place as our ancestors hunting a mate.

Targeting the lowest is the strategy of a loser.

Target the best, and then pick up a slapper at 12.50 am if unsuccessful. That's how I shagged my way through much of Aberdeen back in the day.

Ah i get you, I've aimed for some outrageously good looking birds of late, gotten nowhere, however the girl I've been out with a few times now is affa tasty and makes me wonder what she's after, maybe some of my cash but I couldn't care if it gets me what i want.

I can fit in to large, prefer xl for plenty of room, this weekend I'll be wearing my sky blue short shorts and my pina colada tie-dye tshirt from 'Watch' maybe stick on flip flops too as it's a BBQ up in cove and we may head down the rocks for a carry on probably take a magnum of grey goose up with me too just to catch the girls eyes.

:laughing:

Sad thing is this actually works.

I'm a welder/fabricator with my dad & brother near Huntly it's a family run company. it's a great job I don't care about the money it's a skilled trade & also it's always what I wanted to do.

My question

with respect

is how does a welder have so much time to post on afc chat every day?! haha. That is a rampant post count you have got yourself in half a year

• Upvote 1

I funcy a new job.

I may even fancy a change of what I've been doing for the last 8 years also. I've worked my way up from nothing 8 years ago to now being Designer (Design Draughtsman sort of but wee level down from Engineer) and having own limited company.

I am in talks with someone to working in Dubai, but not sure if anything will come of it, the question was asked if I'd relocate etc - and me and the wife are both still young so something to consider...however with 4 weeks left of my contract here, I want a new challenge. I lost my close friend within work last month, and place has not been the same for me.

The work is drying up, so spent all of yesterday searching for something different.

I love the thrill of searching for new job.

:hysterical:

you worked your way up from nothing? you some sort of workin class hero, alan suger type, aye?

good luck berty, a change of scenery does us all good.

is it the oil industry you work in. i guess the obviousl locations would be your likely destiantion then.

although i know a few folk who work in decent locations within the O&G industry.