Nicky Weaver

Nicky Weaver sounds too much like Nicky Walker for my liking.

:laughing: very good point Kelt. but Weaver i am confident is going to give piano teeth a good gripping up, we wanted a GK with experience and one who would not be happy just playing back up to climbing frame face, we have that in Weaver, i really hope HUN DMC is going into the season with an open maind as to first choice keeper, if so then great.

I was reading twitter last night...the Clangers sympathisers were out in force last night. 1 even claimed they'd return their season ticket due to this signing.Those fans are bell ends.

If Twitter was like AFC Chat he'd be banned for having multiple accounts.

Hope he just goes with Weaver. Was a nightmare when McGhee pricked about with Howard & Langfield, giving each one or two games at a time. Would be fine if Weaver was given the first 10 games or so.

Totally agree.

However, I suspect we will have to endure Clangers as number 1 until he makes one or two serious blunders. So I would expect to see Weaver in goals by the tims game at the latest.

Check out this beaut I spotted elsewhere.

actually shut up. The keeper who has kept the most clean sheets outside the Old Firm. Are you for real. the nervous tension is caused by people like you who spout shit because they believe the crap that is branded about Langfield. The same people who got rid of Alex Smith when we were 2nd and the same people who got rid of Calderwood when we were consistently top 6. What has Langfield done to make people hate him? Ok, a few mistakes...look at any keeper! Why not hound out the "strikers" who battled it to see who could score more than 6 goals each last year instead?

Keepers seem to play until they're into their 40's these days.

Yeah. He's a keeper in his mid 30s who had what... 3 entire years out with injuries near enough as well as other niggly bits and pieces.

So... one for the future then.

If he does well, great, but he's not going to be our long term replacement for Langfield given his age and history.

Yeah we have to live off the scraps but let's not pretend this isn't anything other than just that; a scrap.

Yeah. He's a keeper in his mid 30s who had what... 3 entire years out with injuries near enough as well as other niggly bits and pieces.

So... one for the future then.

If he does well, great, but he's not going to be our long term replacement for Langfield given his age and history.

Yeah we have to live off the scraps but let's not pretend this isn't anything other than just that; a scrap.

34 is a good age for a keeper, plenty experience and and able replacement for Langfield, Id prefer that than a 22-23yr old with little or no top game time, hes here for 6 months, lets see how it goes and support the fact the our management are making the right choices for the club....