Nicky Weaver

Most of us are probably thinking a versatile defender on deadline day is the last piece of the jigsaw for now but given McInnes' form it might be we have one on board long before then.

Looking at the squad and the friendly line ups I'd guess that Christina is seen as the versatile full back for this season.

I know he gets a right slagging on here and for the most part deservedly so but he did have a couple of decent years at full back for us with Hart on the other side and while it was only Huntly he was meant to have had a solid game last run out. I wont be giving him any grief for a while though, I've made myself a promise for this coming season. I will not shout any derogatory remarks at any of our players bar clangers until at least January and only if its really deserved. I know I'm setting myself up to fail but I love a challenge.

good signing this. last two times I've seen him he was brilliant both playing for Sheffield Wednesday in the championship. I love the presence he has, and the command he has of his box. he is easily better than climbing frame face and would be if even if he was caught and convicted of theft in Saudi Arabia after a trail.

well in delboy.