Nicky Weaver

ADIO in negativity shocker. I'm sure we were told not to expect Reynolds permanently yet he managed to sign a 4 year deal with us.

I'm happy!

Negative to think a keeper that's had a terribly fucked up career on on a 6 month contract isn't our saviour? Meh.

I'm glad you're happy.

34 is a good age for a keeper, plenty experience and and able replacement for Langfield, Id prefer that than a 22-23yr old with little or no top game time, hes here for 6 months, lets see how it goes and support the fact the our management are making the right choices for the club....

Support the fact they're making the right choices? Well... I don't agree in this case so no I won't go along with that.

I do hope he puts his near past behind him and this particular scrap we're picking up works out for us. So yes, I'm not going to bitch from the sidelines like so many here when there's a player they don't like and they will brook no positivity. I'm just saying steady on with the boundless ridiculous positivity about a guy who has had no career in the last 12 years unless snowballs in Dundee counts as a career.

If after 6 months he's been a turkey we're back where we are right now but with 6 months less time to get a replacement for Langfield.

• Downvote 1

good news! despite nae playin competitive fitba for over a year im sure even then he is still more competent, and hopefully will be a serious contender with Langfailed for the startin spot. hopefully he's number 1 for this season til we find another guy to walk into the role next season.

I dont think we should be considering a keeper signed on a 6 month deal as a possible long term number one.

He's 34

Keepers go on into their late 30's and even early 40's

If he's good enough, proves his fitness and has taken care of himself he could be a no1 for another 5 or 6 years.

I'm not saying thats what will happen but its getting pretty normal for keepers these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Negative to think a keeper that's had a terribly fucked up career on on a 6 month contract isn't our saviour? Meh.

I'm glad you're happy.

I'm happy as Langfield is in his last year of contract. Also happy that an experienced keeper and not a 20 year old has been signed.

Na I accidently stumbled across your twitter page a while back (think you tweeted one of the players). I recalled you having a go at myself and a few others for their appearances so I just creased at your twitter page. It was a bit rich is all I am going to say.

If you DID find me then the picture there isn't actually me. Only vaguely recall having a go at appearances of someone. Looked like a crackhead weegie... hmm, can't recall who it was. Maybe you can remind me?

It's a deal that suits both parties, we get a keeper for six months to challenge Langfield, whilst we organise a more long term appointment and Weaver gets to put himself in the shop window again to get a bigger move in January.

He did the same with Utd when he played for them, signed for 6 months, played regularly and then got a move to the Premier League.

If he does well but there is little interest in him by the end of January he may sign on again for the remainder of the season if we haven't by then brought in the longer term replacement.

I can't see him as being the long term keeper but rather a good stop gap until we get one.

I would expect him, in this situation, to have been promised some proper game time during negotiations as why else would he come north?

• Upvote 3

I think it's an astute bit of business. Assume he's not on top $, 6 month contract, onus is on Weaver to earn himself either a longer term deal with us or elsewhere. Win/win. Age? For a keeper not so relevant but it nevertheless buys some time for the club, if he can do the job for a couple of years. In the meantime the search for a longer term replacement to who's currently the custodian should not be abandoned.

He played a lot of games for Man City aye.

Aye, saved a few penalties in a shoot out to get them promoted to First Division (Championship) and went mental, running round the Wembley track after. About 13 years ago like, but hopefully doing the same at Hampden this season.

Probably a mututally agreeable deal.

Come on a relatively small basic contract with high appearance/win bonus for six months with a clause perhaps that ten starts triggers an 18 month extension and an uplift in salary (and we can worry about sorting out the budget if that comes to pass).

Mutually agreeable for both parties as at 34 if he doesnt break into the first team he probably has relatively no interest to hang around longer as back-up or commit to a long-term deal on a low basic wage away from home/family.

You've got to hand it to McInnes in terms of the getting players signed quickly. Six summer signings (Flood, Robson, Zola, Shankland, Wylde, Weaver) and our two hottest properties (McGinn and Jack) all signed up by mid July is putting our previous managers to shame.

Most of us are probably thinking a versatile defender on deadline day is the last piece of the jigsaw for now but given McInnes' form it might be we have one on board long before then.

• Upvote 4