Aberdeen V Kilmarnock (2 - 1)

aaaand ill get his ticket how?!

By buying one from the ticket office.

How dare you try to rip off MY club by stealing a non-transferable ticket.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Typical Weedgie behaviour this.

If we don't win the league this season it'll be because thieves like you refuse to invest in my Glorious Club meaning we can't afford to replace utter dross like Jamie fucking Langfield.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I think McInnes will actually do quite well this season, although we can attribute much of that to Hearts imploding, as well as ICT and others weakening.

Either way, I don't care about other teams' woes/excuses. By hook or by crook, I will be delighted to see us push for at least top 3 and a cup and I think McInnes might just pull it off.

We shall see. He gets my backing for at least a season, anyway. Can't be any worse than the last 5yrs.

Both generous and admirable for a Dons supporter.

This is true. I know everyone tends to be filled with optimism (blind faith) at this stage of the year, but over the last couple of seasons, I've just lost a bit of that faith. That said, I did truly think that we had a much better chance last season and look how that turned out.

But something inside me, gut instinct, just tells me that we're gonna have a much better season (and seasons) ahead. Combination of factors really.... me moving section of the stadium for the first time in an age, the new manager, who ticks all the boxes for me in terms of basic grasp of what a football club should be doing as a bare minimum, some genuine bite in midfield, re-signing McGinn, new pitch.... etc etc

Of course, come 4:45pm on Saturday, all of that hope could have been somewhat extinguished. I'm sure it won't though. I just want to see the team fight tooth and nail from now on. Play like their lives depended on it, instead of looking like they are just going through the motions. This is what we, as supporters, expect as a minimum.

You'll be delighted to know your new section sold out this morning from what I've just been told.

If we get at them from the start and get an early goal Pittodrie is going to bounce.

Will there be any chance of them opening the RDU for PATG if the tickets sales are going well. I can't see many non family/OAP people going into the Merkland.

I hope so. Common sense says they should but they started the negativity early by announcing that it

was to be shut in the first place.

I can just imagine the moans if they do "Some cunt' s in my seat"

I was looking at their list the other day and I think we might be underestimating them a little.

Boyd will still score goals at SPL level. Heffernan is a good players that we all know about and I see they've also added a Spanish striker, who's scored a few goals in his career. The young lad Johnston looks really exciting too, so they've got options in attack.

Darren Barr will be a good addition too... and they have a few good players their already. No idea how Allan Johnston will go in the SPL, but they might surprise a few.. I reckon they'll be more dangerous than the likes of Hibs and St. Mirren.

I was looking at their list the other day and I think we might be underestimating them a little.

Boyd will still score goals at SPL level. Heffernan is a good players that we all know about and I see they've also added a Spanish striker, who's scored a few goals in his career. The young lad Johnston looks really exciting too, so they've got options in attack.

Darren Barr will be a good addition too... and they have a few good players their already. No idea how Allan Johnston will go in the SPL, but they might surprise a few.. I reckon they'll be more dangerous than the likes of Hibs and St. Mirren.

I totally agree. They have a decent side. In fact I am convinced that the SPL will be really tight this season as over the last few weeks Ross County, Hibs, utd and Motherwell have all made some solid signings.

Sorry but my prediction is a draw. Aberdeen rarely win on the opening day and I think there is unrealistic expectation that this "is our season", which will get to the players.

"Sorry but my prediction is a draw. Aberdeen rarely win on the opening day and I think there is unrealistic expectation that this "is our season", which will get to the players. "

Sounds about right.... previous seasons, poor pre-season, no expectations, deliver nothing.

this season, decent pre-season, higher expectations, pressure may get to them.

everybody, turn up feelign mediocre, and it will all be just right for the poor wee players. Latest signing, Goldilocks...oh no wait, Christina already signed.

I hope so. Common sense says they should but they started the negativity early by announcing that it

was to be shut in the first place.

I can just imagine the moans if they do "Some cunt' s in my seat"

Hopefully sales soar so me and 5 of my most unprofessional pals can get seats in the RDU and sing "Can you see us TWL, can you see us TWL"?

the shambles of the pre season turnstiles will have put off a lot of people, one guy at my work said they could fuck off if they didn't want his money, has vowed not to go back this season.

Still with the rumoured 2000 free tickets for kids in the merkland it could go close to 14-15 thousand.

i predict a boring 0-0 draw, every time the dons get a good support they fuck up and many don't return for a while, I see no reason for this pattern changing.

• Downvote 1

the shambles of the pre season turnstiles will have put off a lot of people, one guy at my work said they could fuck off if they didn't want his money, has vowed not to go back this season.

Sounds like he was looking for an excuse not to go this season.

If we're top at Christmas he'll be back.

• Site Sponsor

Still with the rumoured 2000 free tickets for kids in the merkland it could go close to 14-15 thousand.

i predict a boring 0-0 draw, every time the dons get a good support they fuck up and many don't return for a while, I see no reason for this pattern changing.

Not free tickets. Simmonds bought them for full whack and the club keeps half of the money with the other half going to the new community project.

Dons name a 23 man squad for Saturday.

Langfield

Shaunnessey Anderson Reynolds Robertson

Jack Flood Robson Hayes

McGinn Magennis

subs: Weaver, Hector, Low, Pawlett, Wylde, Vernon, Zola

others: Rogers, Masson, Storie, Shankland, Smith

injured: Considine, Clark

out on loan: McManus

Wouldn't be too sure - from ticketing online seems only 1412 seat left in South Stand with 921 of them in open end sections X & Y

Not a chance the RDU will be open.

From my conversation with the person who made the decision to close it, I think he'll go to every length to ensure it is kept closed, unless demand more than outstrips the seats we'll have available.

There should be more than enough seats elsewhere, which is the exact reason for shutting the RDU... to pack the other areas of the stadium.

Should see a leveling of around 10-12k for home games should we have a semi decent start. Can't really see more than 5-6k PATG each week.