Aberdeen V Celtic (0 - 2)

Saw on the STV news tonight that it will likely be a full house tomorrow, first time for 6 years. Flood's interview gave the impression of a calm confidence with no fear in evidence at all. I don't know what McInnes is feeding them on, but it's almost like the Ferguson days when they were up for any challenge and had a total belief in themselves. Barring any nervous defensive slip-ups, this one has a Dons win written all over it, McGinn, Flood and Hayes are unstoppable. And big Josh, as supersub of course.

I don't think it'll be sell out due to the amount of U12 tickets that won't be taken up, plus the regular gaps in the Merkland.

I reckon about 17,000 though which is a great improvement though.

Here's hoping the new found steel and determination, can be exercised at the right time, as for far too many seasons now, we've been in a similar situation (renewed confidence from the support, big game) and fallen on our arses.

I'm quietly confident we can get at least a draw, but there's obviously every chance of individual errors creeping in to our play. Let's not forget that not 8 competitive games ago, we were pretty much honking - Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

Let's get right into these righteous feckers though.

COYR

This game isn't that important. What we do against Celtic is irrelevant. It's what we do against the likes of Patrick Shittle, St Midden and Kilmacock that will count....Celtic will coast the league and for us to do well this year our results against the tic will be irrelevant.

Three points are three points wherever the fuck they come from.

No game should be irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

Just away to bed off nightshift hoping to wake up later to see The Dons have won but it will be a hard game, we have made a good start to the league but they have a lot of good players so I'm not at the stage of being over confident after 2 victories but even if we were to lose I still think we're going to have a good season.

celtic there for the taking with their eyes (correctly) elsewhere. Best chance of the season to pick up points as with parkhead last year Jamie! That said no big shakes if beaten so todays really a day for managing expectations for Mcinnes. Can't wait!

Think with all the hype the Celtic players are going to be up for this one. We are going to have to play extremely well to get anything from this game. We certainly have the players, but think I might have preferred playing them in a few weeks when the players had more time to gel.

Pissed off I'm away at work for this, but just read the match preview on the BBC and I fucking LOVE the attitude McInnes has here are a few quotes:

"It's a game we can win, it'll be a tough game, but it is a game we can win.

"Celtic are a very strong side and a side that's been built up for a few years now. Celtic can give anybody a game on their day.

"We've just got to make sure that we can be a tough opponent for them at the same time. I believe we can get a result and we'll be doing all we can to go and do that."

Been a dons fan for over 35 years and I cant remember the last time I heard a manager talking about an OF game like this AF excluded of course, very good to hear.

COYR!!!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

• Upvote 1

Pissed off I'm away at work for this, but just read the match preview on the BBC and I fucking LOVE the attitude McInnes has here are a few quotes:

"It's a game we can win, it'll be a tough game, but it is a game we can win.

"Celtic are a very strong side and a side that's been built up for a few years now. Celtic can give anybody a game on their day.

"We've just got to make sure that we can be a tough opponent for them at the same time. I believe we can get a result and we'll be doing all we can to go and do that."

Been a dons fan for over 35 years and I cant remember the last time I heard a manager talking about an OF game like this AF excluded of course, very good to hear.

COYR!!!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

I agree. McInnes has come across well since he took the job. I'm behind him 100%.

• Upvote 1