U20's Thread

Well beaten today. I managed to catch bits of it and Gamba Osaka were much better. Miles ahead of us technically unfortunately. Everyone of their players was very comfortable on the ball and always looking to play with the ball on the ground. We were much more about kicking it long and playing in the right areas.

A very poor advert for our coaching IMO.

Well beaten today. I managed to catch bits of it and Gamba Osaka were much better. Miles ahead of us technically unfortunately. Everyone of their players was very comfortable on the ball and always looking to play with the ball on the ground. We were much more about kicking it long and playing in the right areas.

A very poor advert for our coaching IMO.

Glad to see you've come to a detailed conclusion on the quality of our coaching based on bits of one game.

Was it online? Seems we should still qualify.

Yeah, you can watch most games via the Gothia Cup website.

Glad to see you've come to a detailed conclusion on the quality of our coaching based on bits of one game.

I've not came to a detailed conclusion. I said THAT GAME was a POOR ADVERT for our coaching. Which it was. I didn't say our coaches are shite, i didn't say that our youth teams always play that way. I commented on that game on a stand alone basis.

Yeah, you can watch most games via the Gothia Cup website.

I've not came to a detailed conclusion. I said THAT GAME was a POOR ADVERT for our coaching. Which it was. I didn't say our coaches are shite, i didn't say that our youth teams always play that way. I commented on that game on a stand alone basis.

Didn't know that. Will hopefully catch the next one, cheers.

Watched the four games on that tv channel and we at times played some good stuff. There were a few players who looked the part. The captain Campbell in the main looked excellent. Excellent awareness and reminds me of a certain Barry Ferguson. Thought Antoniazzi at times was electric and others drifted out the game. Has something about him though. MacPherson at the back is very composed and looks to have great potential. Better when he gets stuck in quickly. The number 14 winger was very sharp and can run in behind using his pace and energy. Has a decent end product too. The wee tiny guy in cm I thought played great at times. Loves getting stuck in and can pass it well. Hutchison has good ability but can be abit greedy. Thought the keeper in the last game had much better distribution but the other keeper has more of a presence.

• Upvote 1

Watched the four games on that tv channel and we at times played some good stuff. There were a few players who looked the part. The captain Campbell in the main looked excellent. Excellent awareness and reminds me of a certain Barry Ferguson. Thought Antoniazzi at times was electric and others drifted out the game. Has something about him though. MacPherson at the back is very composed and looks to have great potential. Better when he gets stuck in quickly. The number 14 winger was very sharp and can run in behind using his pace and energy. Has a decent end product too. The wee tiny guy in cm I thought played great at times. Loves getting stuck in and can pass it well. Hutchison has good ability but can be abit greedy. Thought the keeper in the last game had much better distribution but the other keeper has more of a presence.

Would make sense. Him and his old man were season ticket holders at Ibrox when he was younger.

• Upvote 9

Neil Simpson said before leaving for Sweden "We have a strong group of players in this squad so we have a realistic chance to win the cup like we did in 1983".

Might be a bit disappointed getting knocked out at the 1/4 final stage of the B (Losers) Trophy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Neil Simpson said before leaving for Sweden "We have a strong group of players in this squad so we have a realistic chance to win the cup like we did in 1983".

Might be a bit disappointed getting knocked out at the 1/4 final stage of the B (Losers) Trophy.

Well tbf, he's not going to say 'we're just going for the jolly' now is he lol

Delete your account