Norway V Scotland (0 - 2)

Boyd recalled to squad for this ahead of Stevie May :clangers2:

Player of the month doesn't get a shout & Boyd who's only scored two goals in about two months (both against County or Hearts or someone) gets a recall.

Last 10 games each & May has 9 goals to Boyd's 4

Boyd has a fantastic record for Scotland in terms of time on the park to goals scored but it's time to move the fuck along & let the young lads of the future through in these friendlies.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May has 8 in last ten games and Boyd 5. Can't be too far out of picture though and if keeps up the form.

I just had a look at their match reports for last 10 games (including cup games) & Boyb is on 4 & May (as you say) is on 8.

Maybe I'm wrong but will double check

Edit ok on checking again it is 5 goals in HIS last 10 (I should have said their teams last 10 games) but it's only fair to judge on games played I suppose.

But regardless, May has 9 goals to Boyd's 6 this season & May is the "on form" striker & it is only a friendly aimed at building for Euros so May should be getting the nod (imo)

Is May not needed by the U21 for their qualifiers?

I think the U21 are needing wins to try and get 2nd place behind Holland. Not sure if the draw the other night has all but ended qualification hopes though.

Didn't stop them fucking over the U21's in the past.

They needed one more win to Qualify & took Steven Fletcher (who was on fire for U21's) to sit on the bench in a meaningless game because Miller was "injured" & yet Miller played in the game whilst Fletcher sat on the bench & missed a crucial U21's game.

U21's this time around are basically goosed anyway. Very little chance (if any) of getting through

Boyd FFS.

I had littleinterest in etching Scotland friendliest before this announcement.

Absolutely zero interest now.

Hate to say it, but I'd always find a place for Boyd if he's fit.

I'd never have him on from the start, but I've seen Scotland desperately scapping away at 0-0 or 1-1 going into the final 10 minutes against the likes of Leichtenstein and Faroe Isles. Boyd is the player I'd always be looking to take off the bench in this scenario. More often than not the ball the ball seems to drop in his favour and more often than not, if he gets a chance he'll tuck it away.

Hate to say it, but I'd always find a place for Boyd if he's fit.

I'd never have him on from the start, but I've seen Scotland desperately scapping away at 0-0 or 1-1 going into the final 10 minutes against the likes of Leichtenstein and Faroe Isles. Boyd is the player I'd always be looking to take off the bench in this scenario. More often than not the ball the ball seems to drop in his favour and more often than not, if he gets a chance he'll tuck it away.

I would agree with that if the current year was between 2005 and 2009

I think either would be accurate.

Scott Brown will be our match-winner if we go with Ugly Cunt Competition.

You do realise Whittaker is playing as well?

anybody at the game?

they're 12 below us in the rankings, do the rankings take into account our recent form? when levein had a ham fisted go of it, they must've been ranked higher than us. coz we were yellow/orange, stale, sickly pish.

They dropped right down cos they had a shite campaign where as we jumped up a good bit because of our results over Croatia.

As of mid Oct we were 35 & they were 47.

We drew with USA & they lost to Denmark since & rankings next updated on Nov 28th