The 21 Days That Will Likely Determine 2Nd

Beat ICT & St Johnstone & if well lose to celtic & Utd (assuming Utd win their other game also) & we will be 9 clear with three to play & only Utd would have the slimest of chances of catching us on gd.

Be great to just play for fun in the last three games & relax leading up to the final (if we get there of course) & also take the piss out of celtic at the piggery again.

Beat ICT & St Johnstone & if well lose to celtic & Utd (assuming Utd win their other game also) & we will be 9 clear with three to play & only Utd would have the slimest of chances of catching us on gd.

Be great to just play for fun in the last three games & relax leading up to the final (if we get there of course) & also take the piss out of celtic at the piggery again.

10030876_2.jpg?v=8CE70FE0DEEB350

Great result tonight. Thought Hibs would have shown up but guess they really are on a downward spiral. Relegation seems to be in arms reach of them.

We haven't been playing badly despite what some would have you believe on here. We've taken some really good points away from home lately even though we could and maybe should have won those games. Robson is such a great player and was the best player on the park by miles! McGinn hopefully finding his confidence, I feel he can contribute more then Pawlett in that role. Logan is a must keep, really think he's the best right back we've had for some time. Reynolds looked more assured today and Anderson I thought played well despite others thoughts. Completely understand that Considine is not a left back but feel that is a must this summer. Vernon did well and nearly set up a goal for Flood. Jack has taken some stick on here of late but I thought he was instrumental in midfield tonight. Langfield......well what can I say......he had another clean sheet. This result will definitely bring confidence to our side and put us in good stead for this Sunday's Scottish Semi Final match with St Johnstone.

Great travelling support from the Aberdeen fans there tonight.

I'd say win the next two, even draw one, and we will at least control our own destiny at Pittodrie on the last day.

Motherwell would need points off Celtic and United to achieve anything else. Can't see it. Fair play if they do.

On McInnes: thing is he's actually right. Two cup finals is a dream given where we've been (and that's not discounting StJ btw), euro qualification is the level we should expect, 2nd is really just the icing on the cake albeit there's probably a signing in the difference in prize money.

At least two posts on here suggesting winning the next two games and it's in our own hands.

It's already in our own hands. We are 3 points clear. The only way we can end up 3rd is by fucking up ourselves.

I'm in two minds about wrapping up second before the final game. On the one hand it would be nice to take the pressure off before we play them, but if we're level on points then it would make it a very interesting game. Preferably i'd like Motherwell needing a win to overtake us so they have to come at us, then we can pick them off like we did against St Johnstone in the league cup semi!

At least two posts on here suggesting winning the next two games and it's in our own hands.

It's already in our own hands. We are 3 points clear. The only way we can end up 3rd is by fucking up ourselves.

I'm in two minds about wrapping up second before the final game. On the one hand it would be nice to take the pressure off before we play them, but if we're level on points then it would make it a very interesting game. Preferably i'd like Motherwell needing a win to overtake us so they have to come at us, then we can pick them off like we did against St Johnstone in the league cup semi!

Motherwell having to win by 2 or 3 goals to finish above us in the last game would bring out the crowds

• 2 weeks later...

League

Aberdeen Played 34 Points 64

Motherwell Played 33 Points 60

United Played 33 Points 54

Weekend 19th

Motherwell v Celtic

St Johnstone v Dundee United

Weekend 26th

Aberdeen v St Johnstone

United v Motherwell

Weekend 3rd