The 21 Days That Will Likely Determine 2Nd

Motherwell in "Team raises game for home tie against Old Firm team shock!"

& Aberdeen suffer cup knockout hangover & don't turn up shock.

Hence why I said they have shown more fight NOW.

They lost their last home game to them 5-0 & 3-0 the last away game & 2-0 before that, so it is a bit of a shock that they have now shown more fight to score three goals & even get a draw

My point stands regardless of excuses & circumstances of which teams we just played

Don't agree there was a lack of fight as we dominated without scoring

Just didn't create the chances we should have.

We've played better than yesterday and Motherwell have played worse than they did today. That's just football for you.

Did we?

I thought we were flat as fuck.

Both teams were shite imo.

11 shots each on goal & they had 4 on target to our 3.

We hardly dominated them.

The truth hurts sometimes but the fact is that Well played a lot better today than we played yesterday.

They were playing celtic yes & we were just knocked out of cup but the fact remains that we were poor & showed little fight & need a boot up the arse again

And mind motherwell were missing hollis, ramsden, lasley, carswell and faddy today! ;)

Right, enough stirring for me. Potential to be a great final day if its a winner takes all for second place. Might even need to make my first trip to Pittodrie in 12 years.

Fuck knows how we've managed to maintain a gap between ourselves and Motherwell the last few weeks, but we're in the driving seat for second still.

Nothing but big boy games coming up, so we better pull on our big boy trousers and start winning a few.

St Johnstone 2-0 on United now.

Arabs out of it.

Aye. Nae real chance o' catching us now for Euro spot.

Only chance they'll have is to catch Motherwell.

Last chance saloon for them in the Utd v Well game next wik.

We win next Sat v Saints and we are guaranteed European fitba.

Might even clinch it wi'oot a win.

Don't think that counts as a run

Whatever you think it is, they (Motherwell) had an early competitive start to the season. All this stuff about us being tired is just a weak excuse. They are professional footballers whose apparent fitness was being commented on just a few months ago. One factor is that the demands being placed on Robson have taken its toll, and he is a pivotal player, but there's no way the entire team can be tired.

Whatever you think it is, they (Motherwell) had an early competitive start to the season. All this stuff about us being tired is just a weak excuse. They are professional footballers whose apparent fitness was being commented on just a few months ago. One factor is that the demands being placed on Robson have taken its toll, and he is a pivotal player, but there's no way the entire team can be tired.

We've had more games than them over the last few months.

Semi-finals and Finals will also be more physically and mentally/emotionally demanding.

There's more to tiredness than just physical aspects.

8 days to our next match though and it's a home chance to get a bit of revenge on Saints with a 5 win over them this season.

3 points there will ease a few tired limbs for the last few matches

We've had more games than them over the last few months.

Semi-finals and Finals will also be more physically and mentally/emotionally demanding.

There's more to tiredness than just physical aspects.

8 days to our next match though and it's a home chance to get a bit of revenge on Saints with a 5 win over them this season.

3 points there will ease a few tired limbs for the last few matches

Poor wee things, what a hard life they've got. I hope they get over it soon.

League
Aberdeen Played 34 Points 64
Motherwell Played 34 Points 61
United Played 34 Points 54

Weekend 26th
Aberdeen v St Johnstone
United v Motherwell

Weekend 3rd
Celtic v Aberdeen
Inverness v United
Motherwell v St Johnstone

Midweek
United v Aberdeen
Motherwell v Caley

Final Day
Aberdeen v Motherwell
Celtic v United

The fact that they were able to work up a 2 goal lead against celtic where as we couldn't come close to doing that against ICT.

That's how that works

We were fkn shite against ICT & ICT were fkn shite.

It was a shite game & up there with the worst games I've witnessed ALL season.

Shocking game with ZERO fight.

No, that's really not how it works.

They were gifted those two goals against Celtic. Shocking defending.

But, if you're going to argue that getting the two goal lead in the first place was representative of the 'hard work' you talk of, then surely it's all cancelled out by the fact they completely chucked that lead?

Zero fight? Exactly what gave you that impression? We were flat up front, but I don't think that's characteristic of zero fight.

The truth hurts sometimes but the fact is that Well played a lot better today than we played yesterday.

They were playing celtic yes & we were just knocked out of cup but the fact remains that we were poor & showed little fight & need a boot up the arse again

They lost their last home game to them 5-0 & 3-0 the last away game & 2-0 before that, so it is a bit of a shock that they have now shown more fight to score three goals & even get a draw

My point stands regardless of excuses & circumstances of which teams we just played

To compare what 'Well did against Celtic today and what we did against ICT in the manner you are is utter nonsense. Completely different types of games.

Poor wee things, what a hard life they've got. I hope they get over it soon.

By tired, I certainly don't mean exclusively in a physical sense. More there's a mental tiredness too. Fitness wise it's probably the best any Dons team has been for a long time.

I think the various different scenarios we've faced in the past couple of months has led to a slight dip in performances, and results. Coupled with the fact teams seem to have found ways to deal with us better - the plan looks tired. But with four games to go, a 3 point lead over Well and effectively guaranteed a European spot anyhow, it might not matter.

Summer recruitment would certainly need to be done in a way that allows for a plan B and C throughout next season. Style needs to be adapted. The very fact that Derek doesn't seem to 'trust' his bench shows that we only really have the one way of doing things just now. Fingers crossed it is still enough to see us over the line in second place.

No, that's really not how it works.

They were gifted those two goals against Celtic. Shocking defending.

But, if you're going to argue that getting the two goal lead in the first place was representative of the 'hard work' you talk of, then surely it's all cancelled out by the fact they completely chucked that lead?

Zero fight? Exactly what gave you that impression? We were flat up front, but I don't think that's characteristic of zero fight.

To compare what 'Well did against Celtic today and what we did against ICT in the manner you are is utter nonsense. Completely different types of games.

By tired, I certainly don't mean exclusively in a physical sense. More there's a mental tiredness too. Fitness wise it's probably the best any Dons team has been for a long time.

I think the various different scenarios we've faced in the past couple of months has led to a slight dip in performances, and results. Coupled with the fact teams seem to have found ways to deal with us better - the plan looks tired. But with four games to go, a 3 point lead over Well and effectively guaranteed a European spot anyhow, it might not matter.

Summer recruitment would certainly need to be done in a way that allows for a plan B and C throughout next season. Style needs to be adapted. The very fact that Derek doesn't seem to 'trust' his bench shows that we only really have the one way of doing things just now. Fingers crossed it is still enough to see us over the line in second place.

I'm not arguing. You are.

Fact is Motherwell played better Today than we played Yesterday. No matter how you want to twist it.

Motherwell showed more fight Today than we did Yesterday so as all I said was that they are NOW showing more signs of fight than us we need a good boot up the arse.

Don't let our great season blind you to the facts of our last game. If we are to keep ahead of Well for second over next four games, then we have to improve on Yesterdays performance where as Well are at the required level to very much keep the pressure on.

Stick to slagging of Langfield. It's the only thing you know how to do with consummate ease.

I'm not arguing. You are.

Fact is Motherwell played better Today than we played Yesterday. No matter how you want to twist it.

Motherwell showed more fight Today than we did Yesterday so as all I said was that they are NOW showing more signs of fight than us we need a good boot up the arse.

Don't let our great season blind you to the facts of our last game. If we are to keep ahead of Well for second over next four games, then we have to improve on Yesterdays performance where as Well are at the required level to very much keep the pressure on.

Firstly, when I said "if you're going to argue", I meant you presenting your point. Not disputing anything. So yes, you were making an argument.

The way you're spinning things isn't how football works. The fact that we weren't all that great yesterday and Well managed a point against Celtic (a performance that I think you're making out as being better than it actually was) today doesn't really tell us much.

Looking at recent form, there's been an inconsistency in Motherwell's results. The way the season has gone, we've performed much better at times against top six sides than Well have, and have certainly managed better results.

Of course, I understand what you mean regarding the here and now. What's gone before now results and performance wise doesn't matter too much going into the next four games. But I don't think today and yesterday are too much cause for alarm regarding who will finish second. Next week will give us a much better idea, IMO.

I'm still not getting you regarding what you say about 'fight'. You make it out as if that's what wins and loses you a game. It can be, but not always. Yesterday was a game made extremely scrappy by ICT. We didn't need more 'fight' - we needed a change in approach. We don't really have the ability to do that. As for Well today, any 'fight' that they had in them was practically non-existent in the second half. Their equaliser is more Celtic's doing (as it was with Well's previous two goals in fact) than Well's. Shocking defending from Izaguirre. Watching the game today, I certainly wasn't thinking that Well were showing a lot of 'fight'. No more than usually expected, anyway.