Aberdeen V Ross County (1 - 0)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like Calderwood days. Playing shite but still scraping a 1-0 win. Who are we to complain after what we went through in between.

It can't be long until Niall is benched, far too greedy and has no concept of the 'team' game. Yet another poor performance from Jack, the only thing saving his blushes was the fact Flood was excellent.

The usual story up front. Probably now confirms to Del boy that he has no striker good enough to lead the line.

Thought we were always in control of that game but should've won by a lot more than 1-0. Too often the final ball/pass was a let down after the initial build up was decent and we kept possession well enough. If Vernon converts the penalty, we win the game more convincngly but it was a poor penalty and it affected his game. McGinn's worst game in a Dons jersey, Hayes was decent at left back, the defence strolled through the game.

Three points, a clean sheet and up two places in the table, can't complain too much.

Just a typical SPL game where one side set out to defend and the pro active team just do not have enough guile to put defending team to sword.

I reckon if RC had shown a bit of endevour then they would have scored but we would have scored more.

I actually said to my mate "Aberdeen are playing too much football", very rarely do I use that expression watching the Dons. How many times did our players have to turn back, sideways to find a pass. Vernon up on his own gives zero outlet for a forward pass as he always has someone up his arse and his touch is not good enough to hold up play.

All said and done we took 3 points, conceded nill goals and go into United game happier than we felt after M'Well defeat

Back to moaning? this site moans as much after wins as it does defeats sometimes.

I dont think in some ways thats too bad though as we know this team is better, we do appear to be in our normal "second round of games" slump at the moment. difference being perhaps that we are turning draws into wins (just)

Anyone think having Anderson out the team made a big difference?

Lost count of the amount of times the CB's used their pace to sweep up any County counter attacks, where as Anderson would have struggled. ..

I may be wrong, just something i was thinking at the game.

we perhaps have better defenders than anderson who is prone to the odd mistake these days BUT he is a far better organiser and reads the game better tahn anyone else at the club

I would rather him in the team than out of it

we perhaps have better defenders than anderson who is prone to the odd mistake these days BUT he is a far better organiser and reads the game better tahn anyone else at the club

I would rather him in the team than out of it

This, to which I would add that he seems to have a better understanding than the the rest that, however fecking obvious it is, however glaringly undeniable that it should be a keepers ball that the failed moustache just aint coming!

I thought we knocked the ball around well. Nice build up play but we just seem to struggle with the last third. It will come. 2nd half the momentum seemed to drop. I also dont understand why DM decided to make his subs so late on? RC where there for the taking and had we scored from open play I reckon the flood gates would have opened up. Vernon pen was very poor too.

Overall not a bad game and they made up for the loss v motherwell but need to start creating chances in the last third.

It feels like Calderwood days. Playing shite but still scraping a 1-0 win. Who are we to complain after what we went through in between.

It can't be long until Niall is benched, far too greedy and has no concept of the 'team' game. Yet another poor performance from Jack, the only thing saving his blushes was the fact Flood was excellent.

The usual story up front. Probably now confirms to Del boy that he has no striker good enough to lead the line.

Eh?

Did you think that was the case under Calderwood or did you think we played well yesterday?

We played well enough yesterday to win 4-0

We used our midfield players, we've been using them since the day Calderwood left the building.

We play with the ball on the deck, pass, move and create openings. We used to give the ball to Diamond who would hoof it 70 yards to Miller who would trap it, turn and fall down for a foul or pass it to Smith to try and finish.

If you honestly think there is any comparison between the fitba we play now and the hoofba we played then you seriously need your head read.

I havent fallen asleep at pittodrie since Calderwood left, I dont think thats a coincidence.

We played well enough yesterday to win 4-0

We used our midfield players, we've been using them since the day Calderwood left the building.

We play with the ball on the deck, pass, move and create openings. We used to give the ball to Diamond who would hoof it 70 yards to Miller who would trap it, turn and fall down for a foul or pass it to Smith to try and finish.

If you honestly think there is any comparison between the fitba we play now and the hoofba we played then you seriously need your head read.

:clangers2:

Name 3 goals that were created through that passage of play....

That has to be the best fish ever!

This pattern of play was totally ineffective. Prove it by naming three goals scored by it then...

Touche sir

If it helps and is less controversial Alick Smith was sacked for exactly the same reason. Pish 1-0 wins more often than not.

Albeit he was doing it with probably the 2nd best squad in the league and had a nasty in-bred habit of bottling title showdowns in Glasgow, to be fair.