To those that think immigration is not a problem

caledonia

How the hell else do you think English should or even CAN be taught to kids that don't speak it? Of course it's taught as a foreign language if you either don't speak it or it is your second language.

Getting twisted up about this is just an excuse to be twisted up about something.

• Upvote 1

'There are now estimated to be no fewer than 85 Sharia courts across the country — from London and Manchester to Bradford and Nuneaton. They operate mainly from mosques, settling financial and family disputes according to religious principles.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html

They only settle the disputes of those willing to take part in the process. They are not enforced by the law of the land.

• 1 month later...

Nearly a third of people in Britain admit being racially prejudiced, research has suggested.

The British Social Attitudes survey found the proportion had increased since the start of the century, returning to the level of 30 years ago.
According to the survey, by social research company NatCen, 30% of those polled described themselves as either "very" or "a little" race prejudiced.
Penny Young, chief executive of NatCen, said the findings were "troubling".
The survey of more than 2,000 people revealed that prejudice had risen since an all-time low of 25% of people in 2001.
It also found wide variations currently across the country: 16% of people in inner London admitted to prejudice but the figure was 35% in the West Midlands.
Older men in manual jobs were the most likely to say they were prejudiced, but the group recording the biggest rise was educated male professionals.
Levels of racial prejudice increased with age, at 25% for 17 to 34-year-olds compared with 36% for over-55s.
Education had an impact with 19% of those with a degree and 38% of those with no qualifications reporting racial prejudice.
The social attitudes survey has been carried out every year since 1983.
People were asked whether they would describe themselves as prejudiced "against people of other races".
Ms Young told BBC Radio 4's Today programme self-reported prejudice was "very difficult" to study in detail.
It appeared to be in "inexorable decline" in 2001 as part of "increasingly socially liberal Britain" - but has since gone back up.
The effect of the 9/11 attacks and an increase in concern about immigration were two possible reasons for the turnaround, she said.
The strongest message to politicians from the survey concerned immigration.
More than 90% of those who admitted some level of racial prejudice wanted to see a reduction in the number of people entering the UK.
But so did 73% of those who said they were not racially prejudiced.
Ms Young added: "Levels of racial prejudice declined steadily throughout the 90s, but have been on the rise again during the first decade of this century.
"This bucks the trend of a more socially liberal and tolerant Britain. Our local and national leaders need to understand and respond to increased levels of racial prejudice if we are to build strong local communities."
Alison Park, co-director of the survey, said: "Racial prejudice, in whatever guise, is undoubtedly still part of the national psyche."

A lot of folk will underestimate how much immigration has not only affected but enriched their lives. Yous are all lucky that my foreign bastard of a Dad came over to the UK in the early 80s. Otherwise I'd not be here providing all these entertaining as fuck posts for you today. There's a fair contingent of Filipino in the north-east and I know some of them and their families personally and I consider myself privileged to do so. They're just people. Like us. I will never understand what folk are so fearful of. I'd love to send all the spastic xenophobe Neanderthal locals to their own sad little island somewhere and just get on with things here.

• Upvote 1

A lot of folk will underestimate how much immigration has not only affected but enriched their lives. Yous are all lucky that my foreign bastard of a Dad came over to the UK in the early 80s. Otherwise I'd not be here providing all these entertaining as fuck posts for you today. There's a fair contingent of Filipino in the north-east and I know some of them and their families personally and I consider myself privileged to do so. They're just people. Like us. I will never understand what folk are so fearful of. I'd love to send all the spastic xenophobe Neanderthal locals to their own sad little island somewhere and just get on with things here.

I don't think they contribute enough food wise. They are decent cooks yet you never see Filipino restraunts. A lot of the women never seem to age which I guess is an added business also.

You don't seem to meet so many Filipino men so. Strange one that.

I don't think they contribute enough food wise. They are decent cooks yet you never see Filipino restraunts. A lot of the women never seem to age which I guess is an added business also.

You don't seem to meet so many Filipino men so. Strange one that.

It's generally the women that come over. And aye they're all generally cooking machines. A few of them are friends of the family. Including the one and only male Filipino that I know. Sounds as fuck. Even sounder than Roberto.

It's generally the women that come over. And aye they're all generally cooking machines. A few of them are friends of the family. Including the one and only male Filipino that I know. Sounds as fuck. Even sounder than Roberto.

Worked at AMEC years ago, they used to take squads of Filipino's over to chuck offshore.

Nicest bunch out of all the ones that would come in from all over the world.

Filipinos? Like us ? No chance.

A baby oil massage sandwich with two nubile young Filipinos would be nothing like the same as 2 fat sweaty Bettys slivering and farting all over you in a Torry tenement.

Worked at AMEC years ago, they used to take squads of Filipino's over to chuck offshore.

I worked at Amec too. If you were in IT there I might even ken you.

Filipinos? Like us ? No chance.

A baby oil massage sandwich with two nubile young Filipinos would be nothing like the same as 2 fat sweaty Bettys slivering and farting all over you in a Torry tenement.

Fair point well made. I fancy a sandwich now.

I have no problem with the idea of inter-EU movement of people or immigration generally.

But I dont think its a good idea for the country to rely on immigration. A country - with an identifiable culture, history, ethnicity etc - should really be able to grow itself and can so be enriched by immigration, as opposed to changed by immigration.

Salmond says an independent Scotland would need 24,000 incoming immigrants per year.

He should be wary of making a similar mess of immigration as has happened in England:

AN INDEPENDENT Scotland would need to attract an extra 24,000 people per year to meet the Scottish Government's economic targets, Alex Salmond has confirmed.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-sets-immigration-target-of-24000-per-year.24352610

As a survey of British social attitudes reveals a shocking upturn in prejudice, Allison Pearson argues that the political elite’s desire to advance multiculturalism with mass immigration has backfired
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10860492/Are-we-all-racist-now.html

I have no problem with the idea of inter-EU movement of people or immigration generally.

But I dont think its a good idea for the country to rely on immigration. A country - with an identifiable culture, history, ethnicity etc - should really be able to grow itself and can so be enriched by immigration, as opposed to changed by immigration.

Salmond says an independent Scotland would need 24,000 incoming immigrants per year.

He should be wary of making a similar mess of immigration as has happened in England:

AN INDEPENDENT Scotland would need to attract an extra 24,000 people per year to meet the Scottish Government's economic targets, Alex Salmond has confirmed.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-sets-immigration-target-of-24000-per-year.24352610

As a survey of British social attitudes reveals a shocking upturn in prejudice, Allison Pearson argues that the political elite’s desire to advance multiculturalism with mass immigration has backfired

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10860492/Are-we-all-racist-now.html

Agreed.

However, the net migration of 24000 will be more than achievable post-Indy if these conditions are met:

• We reverse the "great brain drain" that sees 1000's of young Scots, academic and skilled, flee the nest for opportunities in England and beyond.
  • We give preference to incoming migration from ex-pats who wish to return to their homeland and help build for our future.
  • Implement the proposed childcare policies that will allow working mums to return to work - and thus ease the burden on working and middle class families, who wish to have (more) children

(and btw CS, current net migration to Scotland is estimated at about 18000, is it not? So not such a huge leap)

The change in attitude is one born and bred by the press and right wing political parties spreading lies, partied like UKIP and fed by ignorance.

Also a lot of these 'migrants' Scotland needs can and will come from our rUK neighbours, remember an independent Scotland will see and be seen by the mess thats left as a foreign country and those coming in to find work from England will be economic migrants. Do you really think that engineers and other skilled workers in places like Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester etc will stay there when Scotland thrives and rUK dies leaving nothing but derelict cities and London? Not exactly going to be the mass influx of sheet wearing beardies and gypsies were told are milking us dry but then anyone with sense knows thats shite anyway. Its the bankers, as usual, that are screwing us. Never mind though, as long as we have someone to hate and point at alls well.

• Upvote 1

'There are now estimated to be no fewer than 85 Sharia courts across the country — from London and Manchester to Bradford and Nuneaton. They operate mainly from mosques, settling financial and family disputes according to religious principles.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html

If its in The Daily Mail, it must be true.

Filipino's are ace, few of them with Halli's kicking about that were over for training last summer. Nice people.

You probably wouldn't need any migrant workers in Scotland if an Independent Scotland were to bring back all the first rate expats who are currently enriching foreign economies with their industry and Can-Do attitudes.

:checkit:

You probably wouldn't need any migrant workers in Scotland if an Independent Scotland were to bring back all the first rate expats who are currently enriching foreign economies with their industry and Can-Do attitudes.

:checkit:

Fits the latest on Kelt Island? :dance:

Fits the latest on Kelt Island? :dance:

Oddly enough, we've been looking at Islands for sale in Canada.;

It's getting warmer, and these places are going to be desirable residences in not too many years.

I could build a prison, or maybe a dungeon, and rent it out to local law enforcement.

Baby steps though.. we'll work our way up to a fully functioning, sub-Arctic, for profit prison colony full of bears, rapey Eskimos, and assorted other horrors for the exiled crims.

• 1 year later...

So where does everyone stand on the whole asylum issue at Calais? Is it fair that they can flee all across Europe, arrive here, be given a house and £50 a week to see them through until they've been here a year then they can hit British benefits and never work again. Obviously that's not fair.

But then do we have a duty as humans to look after one and other? Where is the humanity, desperate people risking their life for a bit of what we have.

But then, the majority are African, who bring savage Somalian gangs and do not integrate well into western society.

What can be done?

So where does everyone stand on the whole asylum issue at Calais? Is it fair that they can flee all across Europe, arrive here, be given a house and £50 a week to see them through until they've been here a year then they can hit British benefits and never work again. Obviously that's not fair.

But then do we have a duty as humans to look after one and other? Where is the humanity, desperate people risking their life for a bit of what we have.

But then, the majority are African, who bring savage Somalian gangs and do not integrate well into western society.

What can be done?

Send them all straight to wick.