Europe

23rd June - draw for QR1 and QR2 - all Scottish teams seeded

3rd Place team enter

QR1L1 3rd July

QR1L2 10th July

2nd Place team and Cup winner enter

QR2L1 17th July

18th July - draw for QR3 - no Scottish team seeded!

QR2L2 24th July

QR3L1 - 31st July

QR3L2 - 7th Aug

8th Aug - draw for QR4 'play-off' round

QR4L1 - 21st Aug

QR4L2 - 28th Aug

29th Aug - draws for the group stages of the European competitions

No reason to doubt you Tord but how can they make a draw for the QR3 when they haven't finished QR2. Some seeds likely to lose so sides of draw would change?

It's always been that way for Qualifying rounds, that way UEFA can get rid of all the 'Diddy' nations leaving them with 8 Spanish, English & German teams.

When we drew Sigma, we actually drew them or some Icelandic team.

There isn't a link here with more details.

Yeah you're right. If a team beats a seed they take the seed's slot. No bumping up or down of other teams. Very odd.

Or he could use The McGhee Method whereby he does absolutely zero prep for the start of the season, then deflects blame for his miserable performance by claiming someone gobbed on him.

Great days.

The Sigma game was when he had a back 4 of Stuart Duff, Derek Young, Dennis The Menace and Harvey Price if I recall correctly. The 'gobbing' took place after we got papped out of the cup by Raith.

The Sigma game was when he had a back 4 of Stuart Duff, Derek Young, Dennis The Menace and Harvey Price if I recall correctly. The 'gobbing' took place after we got papped out of the cup by Raith.

I seem to remember Derek Young was controlling our midfield, not in the back 4?

If we get a team in Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Moldova or Turkey I'll be there. Potentially Poland or Latvia too.

As mentioned above, the slight cunt with the qualifying rounds is that, unlike in group stages, you only have a week or two from the date of draw until the date of the tie. Leaves minimal time to get sorted and also likely to mean higher than normal air fares.

Nae such issues when we get in the group stage and last 32 again :scarf: