I'm saying at 22 he should be in better physical condition than Robson and pushing him and others round him far more than he is. He doesn't even get a game over Cammy Smith these days.

You've got a point but credit has to be given to the players ahead of him for performing so well. The player's position he should be targeting is that of Flood or maybe even Jack, not Robson. Robson is a Rolls-Royce of a player. Everyone has been talking of Reynolds and Pawlett for player of the year, but for me Robson is the heartbeat of this team. He is technically the best player in the current Aberdeen squad and probably the best footballer we've had since Jamie Smith, or Eoin Jess before him.

And one final point on Robson. He didn't play in the SPL at all until he was nearly 25. In other words he was a slow developer...

Nicky Low is our Nicky Butt.

Never been amazed by Low and at 22 he's running out of excuses for not impressing.

That said, still shit if he's broken his leg or otherwise got a serious injury, in particular just a few months before the end of his contract.

Still, now we can release him without feeling bad.

According to Barassie you both don't know a lot.

You've got a point but credit has to be given to the players ahead of him for performing so well. The player's position he should be targeting is that of Flood or maybe even Jack, not Robson. Robson is a Rolls-Royce of a player. Everyone has been talking of Reynolds and Pawlett for player of the year, but for me Robson is the heartbeat of this team. He is technically the best player in the current Aberdeen squad and probably the best footballer we've had since Jamie Smith, or Eoin Jess before him.

Completely agree.

Max 6 weeks out i'd say (should be less) so full time for rehab under existing contract

I would like him to stay on but wouldn't be surprised if Mcinnes looks to masson/storie who both have contracts in place to cover his limited minutes and spend the money elsewhere.

Max 6 weeks out i'd say (should be less) so full time for rehab under existing contract

I would like him to stay on but wouldn't be surprised if Mcinnes looks to masson/storie who both have contracts in place to cover his limited minutes and spend the money elsewhere.

Masson was on loan at Elgin until he got injured I think...

Yea he is on a six month loan deal. Back in Elgin team now after recovering from injury. Probably doesn't have a long long term future at the club but makes little sense paying him off (ala Jordan Brown and Stephen Hughes last summer), giving Low a new deal and then only playing him 6 times or something. If he is going to be a serious player for us next season by all means give him a new contract but if he is just being considered for making up the numbers role again then perhaps your looking to use the money better elsewhere and utilise others more like Masson.

Nicky Low, Nicky Low, Nicky Low.

How's yer toe? How's yer toe? How's yer toe?

He is only 22 & from what I've seen of him he's been a lot better than Fraser Fyvie was for example.

He didn't get in our midfield last season because of the useless cunt Brown trying to stick by his usual shite "experienced signings" in Hughes & Rae.

He's being kept out of our current (& much improved) midfield (for the most part) by a very good Flood, a fantastic Robson & a decent Jack.

Low is a good player & still has bags of potential & for those banging on about him already being old enough, that is just BS. SOME midfielders make the break through & hold their positions younger than that but not very many & more often than not it's in lesser type sides (barring the odd obvious stars). Defence & Midfield are more often than not where you see players taking longer to stake their claims full time in sides, where as up front & out on the wings you tend to see the more exciting & younger players doing it. Where speed & skills are more apparent & also where they arguably get more protection from refs & more notably they are more excused for making mistakes.

Low certainly deserves a new deal. Him & the likes of Smith are our future stars unless even better are coming along behind them from the youth system but it will take time before they can be expected to oust the very experienced & very good pros like Flood & Robson.

New deal & loan him out next season. Do not want to lose him.

Then what was his excuse last year? Or the season before?

Barry Robson is 35 years old ffs and yes, he's good but he's no world beater. Nicky Low is 22 years old ffs, he should be at his physical peak and be well established by now.

The useless cunt that was managing us that insisted on playing shite like Hughes & Rae in midfield.

Oh & the fact that he was (like many young players that aren't quite ready) out on loan.

Physical peak at 22? were you? I was nearer 25 before my physical peak (& that's pretty average I'd say) but people are very different.

Name me all these midfield players that were at their physical peak & ESTABLISHED after just turning 22 please.

I can think of a few like Scholes but even he didn't start until he was 20+ & established (sort of) at 21 but then only as back up.

In 1995–96, after Mark Hughes moved to Chelsea, Scholes had more first-team opportunities, standing in for the suspended Eric Cantona as Andrew Cole's strike partner for the first two months of the campaign. Scholes (now wearing the number 22 shirt) scored fourteen goals in all competitions as United became the first English team to win the double twice. He picked up another Premier League winners medal in 1996–97 – in this season he changed his shirt number to 18, which he held for the next 15 years.

Other exceptions are the likes of James McCarthy but these are rare (at such a young age).

Every star player was not a star by time they were 20 ffs.

If you don't have anything to add, why say anything at all?

I'm saying at 22 he should be in better physical condition than Robson and pushing him and others round him far more than he is. He doesn't even get a game over Cammy Smith these days.

Peter Pawlett up until this season was shite for us, he is 23 years old. Until this year his physical condition was poor and just like that he in with a shout for AFC player of the year

Low has potential and should be given a chance

• Upvote 1

Peter Pawlett up until this season was shite for us, he is 23 years old. Until this year his physical condition was poor and just like that he in with a shout for AFC player of the year

You don't know what you are talking about.

Physical peak should be at 22

Physical peak at 22? were you? I was nearer 25 before my physical peak (& that's pretty average I'd say) but people are very different.

Name me all these midfield players that were at their physical peak & ESTABLISHED after just turning 22 please.

I can think of a few like Scholes but even he didn't start until he was 20+ & established (sort of) at 21 but then only as back up.

Every star player was not a star by time they were 20 ffs.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Physical peak should be at 22

Forgot to add smiley for the slow ones

You are talking out of your arse. Biggest load of shite i've ever heard. There is no singular physical peak for the entire human race.

Ooops!

Physical Peak?!? When talking about Nicky Low is totally irelevant. Aberdeen have let many a good player go for not being big enough, strong enough or fast enough. Forget all that nonsense, this is a player who has a good touch, a pass, and isnt afraid to get stuck in. He will never be paul scholes, but by the logic of some scholes would have been binned at 22 for being slow, unable to tackle and not strong enough.

Josh Magennis is fast, strong and gets stuck in, but in all honesty he isn't a good enough footballer for aberdeen. Let's not criticise Low for not being more like big josh!

Pawletts physical condition is still questionable.

So we've had Paul Scholes, Ronaldo, Mark Hughes. Any other ridiculous comparisons?The fact of the matter remains. He is 22 and still not deemed good enough to get in the team.Goodbye Nicky Low...

I'd give him another year.

When McInnes came in he barely saw Low playing and took in Robson and Flood.

He was unlikely not to play them and Low and other youngsters were going to suffer.

Assuming Robson gets a deal it's obvious he won't be playing every game and a

bit of continuity with Low stepping in would be no bad thing.

He can only learn more by playing more often and being educated by Robson would help.

I'd give him another year.

When McInnes came in he barely saw Low playing and took in Robson and Flood.

He was unlikely not to play them and Low and other youngsters were going to suffer.

Assuming Robson gets a deal it's obvious he won't be playing every game and a

bit of continuity with Low stepping in would be no bad thing.

He can only learn more by playing more often and being educated by Robson would help.

He's not a bad player. Can't say that. But is he good enough?

Big shoes to fill in Barry Robson.

He's not a bad player. Can't say that. But is he good enough?Big shoes to fill in Barry Robson.

It's McInnes's shout but we haven't got a big enough squad as it is, I see nothing wrong

with a one year deal because he really hasn't had a decent run in the team and if a new

player was signed he's unlikely to be taking either Robson or Floods starting place.

If Low is happy being part of the squad and grasps his chance then I'm happy with that.

Physical Peak?!? When talking about Nicky Low is totally irelevant. Aberdeen have let many a good player go for not being big enough, strong enough or fast enough. Forget all that nonsense, this is a player who has a good touch, a pass, and isnt afraid to get stuck in. He will never be paul scholes, but by the logic of some scholes would have been binned at 22 for being slow, unable to tackle and not strong enough.

Josh Magennis is fast, strong and gets stuck in, but in all honesty he isn't a good enough footballer for aberdeen. Let's not criticise Low for not being more like big josh!

Correct answer!

Pawletts physical condition is still questionable.

PAP!

So we've had Paul Scholes, Ronaldo, Mark Hughes. Any other ridiculous comparisons?

The fact of the matter remains. He is 22 and still not deemed good enough to get in the team.

Goodbye Nicky Low...

Nobody is comparing their playing abilities to these players.

They are being used as examples as their reaching their :hysterical: "physical peak" at 22 but you just try & twist it around to deflect from what you said.

PAP!

Nobody is comparing their playing abilities to these players.

They are being used as examples as their reaching their :hysterical: "physical peak" at 22 but you just try & twist it around to deflect from what you said.

Selective reading? You said we played Livngston 17 times in one season in another thread :hysterical: