Confirmed Signings/re-Signings

Full backs and a striker/attacking midfield. Logan being an easy 1st pick. No point signing 4-5 average players IMO we have a good nucleus which needs minor improvements. Best blowing the budget on quality not quantity. That was where jimmy went wrong he used to always sign a load of cheap dross in the hope of unearthing a gem. Usually they remained cheap dross. Young, duff, Mair, de vischer, wright et al.

I'd be over the fucking moon if that fat Hun cunt signed for us.

Opening day of the season was the first time I ever booed a referee for booking an opposition player.

Recon with Big Kris in the team we'll probably win the Europa League next year.

That was a shocking decision. The fat cunt took the stick very well.

I'd have him in our team no problem.

• Upvote 1

Full backs and a striker/attacking midfield. Logan being an easy 1st pick. No point signing 4-5 average players IMO we have a good nucleus which needs minor improvements. Best blowing the budget on quality not quantity. That was where jimmy went wrong he used to always sign a load of cheap dross in the hope of unearthing a gem. Usually they remained cheap dross. Young, duff, Mair, de vischer, wright et al.

If only.

Surely the number 1 priority has to be a goalkeeper. Signing Boyd would be a fantastic bit of business as would retaining Logan.

Has to be someone willing to fight for the number one jersey. Unfortunately, I think MacDonald may feel he is above that. Not sure what avenue we go down.

Can guarantee Boyd will never sign for us. My mate is mates with him from school, and the only 2 clubs he has said he will never sign for is us and Ayr United. More chance of the timothys signing him than us Im afraid.

Was there no truth in the rumour he was about to put pen to paper under Calderwood until he got banned from driving....

• Site Sponsor

Can guarantee Boyd will never sign for us. My mate is mates with him from school, and the only 2 clubs he has said he will never sign for is us and Ayr United. More chance of the timothys signing him than us Im afraid.

Hope you're right double D.

Although a great predator, I personally have no time for him and wouldn't want to see him pull on a Dons shirt.

This thread was more aimed at confirmed signings/re-signings, or released players but that said I'd like us to sign Shinnie for LB, Logan for RB. A decent striker (coupled with Shankland coming in for his shot) & maybe loan out Dec (as he's just nae taking his chance) & hopefully Burton Albion will take their star striker back :crossfingers: We also need a decent keeper to actually challenge Clangers.

& if there is funds left, then bring in a decent RM/winger & that would see us in a very strong position for next season. Think we have enough through the middle of park provided we get a decent amount of games from Robson again.

Priority is certainly Keeper, LB, RB & striker. Luxury signings on top would be great though.

Surely the number 1 priority has to be a goalkeeper.

Exactly. I can't for the life of me understand those who are saying "we need someone to CHALLENGE Clangers for No.1" when in fact what we need is to remove him from the spot - and ideally the Club - altogether. If it is true that we were right to move Vernon on because we are supposedly "aiming higher" than his standard, then why do we persist with a keeper who has cost us more points than any other player we currently have on the books?

He is the last crumbling bastion of the Balsawood era of mediocrity, where an occasional semi-final and Top 6 trophy aspirations were the most we aspired to.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. I can't for the life of me understand those who are saying "we need someone to CHALLENGE Clangers for No.1" when in fact what we need is to remove him from the spot - and ideally the Club - altogether. If it is true that we were right to move Vernon on because we are supposedly "aiming higher" than his standard, then why do we persist with a keeper who has cost us more points than any other player we currently have on the books?

He is the last crumbling bastion of the Balsawood era of mediocrity, where an occasional semi-final and Top 6 trophy aspirations were the most we aspired to.

The fact that he hasn't had anyone that could challenge him for the gloves for the past 10 years is the only reason he's held onto them.

Anyone that could challenge him would soon have him found out but I think we do need to bin Leighton to be sure of that.

If McInnes was ruthless enough to bin Cooper (nae sure I agree on that one unless he has better in mind rather than a job for a mate) then hopefully he will be equally ruthless & get rid of Jimbo (legend as player but useless as coach/talent spotter)

Curious as to why people say Leighton is pish? Not doubting that he is.

Is it because we have a pish goalie?

Or is there any evidence of poor coaching?

Are you for fkn real?

Legend as a player but that is it, so do not let that cloud your judgement.

He sourced us some fkn shite "back up" keepers (Bossu for fkn one) & he either had no intention of giving his mate Clangers some competition for the gloves, or he's quite simply shite at spotting talent in the sticks.

Either way he's nae fkn good enough for the job.

Maybe he wants to remain our No.1 goal keeping legend of the past 30 odd years for as long as possible?

Well can you think of any goalkeeper that has benefited from his coaching?

The problem with Langfield isn't his ability. It's his stupidity and random stupid decisions, and there isn't much a goalkeeper coach can do to prevent idiocy. He could be taught by the greatest coaches in the world and he'll still let the ball slip beneath his foot while trying to stop a pass back.

get over it, he only did that once last season. kicking a bit iffy but had a good season. totally fed up at people on this site having a pop at him.....get over it!

He fucked up TWICE against St Johnstone, he got away with both some how.

He fucked up against Dundee United the week after, then proceeded to LAUGH about it....that for me pissed me off more than the mistake.

That's just in recent weeks.

get over it, he only did that once last season. kicking a bit iffy but had a good season. totally fed up at people on this site having a pop at him.....get over it!

He's been getting bailed out by the defence all season min.

Are you for fkn real?

Legend as a player but that is it, so do not let that cloud your judgement.

He sourced us some fkn shite "back up" keepers (Bossu for fkn one) & he either had no intention of giving his mate Clangers some competition for the gloves, or he's quite simply shite at spotting talent in the sticks.

Either way he's nae fkn good enough for the job.

Maybe he wants to remain our No.1 goal keeping legend of the past 30 odd years for as long as possible?

I heard that Leighton didn't want to sign Bossu?

To be fair to him, I wouldn't mind him as our 2nd choice keeper. But he's not good enough for starting.

SF1982, he also laughed against Celtic when there was a mix up between him and Logan. Some argue that it wasn't his fault but not a laughing matter nonetheless.

It's the laughing that annoyed me more than anything else.

As I said above, he clearly has the talent to be a good keeper when he wants to be. He just loses concentration and then does something stupid, it's very difficult to train that out of a player.

Quite incredible to think that for what feels like the millionth summer in a row we're still talking about full backs as a priority.

Thankfully, at long last, we're looking to address the issue long term if we are indeed looking at Shinnie and having talks with Logan. Not so sure we'll be successful in that regard, though. I'd think that it will take more than five figures for ICT to let go of Shinnie, and Logan has a lot of personal issues that would need to be sorted for him to come here permanently - I'd imagine he'd be looking for a club not too far from where his kids are.

If we do manage full backs, though, I'd be hoping to then add the type of player that can beat a man without having to rely solely on pace. McGinn, Hayes and Pawlett can be electric at times, particularly on the break. In home games, though, they're nowhere near as effective as when we're away from home. All 7 of Pawlett's goals came away from home, for example (well, one at a neutral venue, but our goals were all on the break that day at Tynecastle). Pawlett in particular requires a couple of yards to move the ball into and accelerate, space that we just don't get in the opponent's half at home. Obviously, full backs who overlap help with this problem as they'll pull an opposition player out and allow space to run into. Somebody like Paddy McCourt for example (I'm not saying we should go for him, but I was told we had been in talks with him last summer before he opted for Barnsley), is brilliant at being able to beat a man without needing to use pace - just uses skill alone. Someone like that can play through the middle or on the wing.

We need another striker, too. Someone who offers something a little different to Rooney, though, and not just a like for like replacement to sit on the bench and replace him. Somebody that can come on and be part of a front two with him and allow for us to have a proper plan B - something we were lacking big time this season, noticeable towards the end of the campaign.

Obviously a goalkeeper needs to come in. Regardless of what you think of him, Langfield will start the season as no. 1. I have no idea who we could bring in to challenge though, and have a feeling it will be a name we haven't heard of rather than someone we have like Jamie McDonald.

In an ideal world, I'd be adding a centre half to that list too, but feel we're well covered there for now if we bring in two full backs.

He fucked up TWICE against St Johnstone, he got away with both some how.

He fucked up against Dundee United the week after, then proceeded to LAUGH about it....that for me pissed me off more than the mistake.

That's just in recent weeks.

Also against Dumbarton but Anderson got in behind to rescue him.

Also in the final against ICT he done exactly the same but yet again Anderson had to rescue him.

Anderson seemed to be the most aware/expectant player for him to be ready to cover Clangers fuck ups this season. He spent most of his time circling Clangers when ever the ball came near him.

But he only did it ONCE this season :hysterical:

The problem with Langfield isn't his ability. It's his stupidity and random stupid decisions, and there isn't much a goalkeeper coach can do to prevent idiocy. He could be taught by the greatest coaches in the world and he'll still let the ball slip beneath his foot while trying to stop a pass back.

A good coach would realise his inability and realise he never going to cure his 'idiocies' and would encourage the manager to get rid.

• Upvote 1