1 = less prize money

2 = NO place in Europe

3 = less teams

4 = second national cup competition

anyone who argues against that is not right in the head

To start, lets make it clear, I agree with all of your points here sir

BUT

What if....?

You make more prize money and qualify for Europe due to your league position?

Does that in turn make 3rd + League Cup any more sound than 6th and Scottish Cup??

I suppose higher up in league is more money anyway which i never thought of

and if it were league position for Europe only then yes i would have the higher league position and the League cup

You're allocating double points for the same feat.

Winning the Scottish Cup and Qualifying For Europe are one and the same thing.

As has been said it's all about opinion & mine is that Wright NOW deserves MotY over McInnes for the WHOLE season as opposed to getting the award & then having his team fizzle out with pish "tired" excuses.

McInnes has been fantastic for us but Wright has been that little bit better for them as a whole IMO

As has been said it's all about opinion & mine is that Wright NOW deserves MotY over McInnes for the WHOLE season as opposed to getting the award & then having his team fizzle out with pish "tired" excuses.

McInnes has been fantastic for us but Wright has been that little bit better for them as a whole IMO

And you don't like Langfield

We get it.

Please just give it a fucking rest though

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Nobody is being miserable about winning a cup, regardless of which one we won. Only point I'm making is that Wright's achievements this season are bigger than McInnes's & therefore he is far more deserving of the MotY award. Simples (imo) Wright winning their first major trophy ever & McInnes winning our first minor trophy in almost 20 years is not the same in the slightest.

Delighted we won a cup & I'm also happy for St's that they won a trophy but if it was now they were giving out the MotY awards (like it should be as the season is now finished) then Wright would be more deserving of that particular award.

That's not belittling McInnes in any way because he's also had a fantastic season & given us back some pride & a team to be confident with going forward but Wright has given St Johnstone more imo & even more so when you compare our actual clubs & what they represent.

Bully for you, as have many of us on here but I can personally safely say that watching us lifting the Scottish cup, or league title always has & always will feel a lot bigger & better.

The League cup & our long absence from lifting a cup (any cup) is seriously clouding some peoples memories I feel.

I won't deny that that League cup was hugely more important & euphoric than any of our previous League cup triumphs (even against the OF) but that is all.

The Scottish cup is a whole different kettle of fish.

It's all about opinions and by fuck you have a lot of them. Cup's a cup, end of.

• Site Sponsor

So they cannot justifiably compare then.

I'm not belittling the League cup triumph to these people but I will never treat that as anywhere near the euphoria of winning the Scottish cup, or the title. No matter how baron a spell we've endured.

That makes you the King then.

And you don't like Langfield

We get it.

Please just give it a fucking rest though

My sig will remain the same until that clown loses his gloves, so get fkn used to it or block sigs.

That makes you the King then.

No & I didn't claim to be, just stating that those that haven't experienced winning anything OTHER than the League cup are hardly in a position to compare the Euphoria/experiences of other successes.

Why try to go away off track & detract from the point?

My point stands & that is all.

IMO Wright is more deserving (for a few reasons) of the MotY award. Others may have their opinions on that & that is fair enough but my opinion will not be changed either.

My sig will remain the same until that clown loses his gloves, so get fkn used to it or block sigs.

No & I didn't claim to be, just stating that those that haven't experienced winning anything OTHER than the League cup are hardly in a position to compare the Euphoria/experiences of other successes.

IMO Wright is more deserving (for a few reasons) of the MotY award. Others may have their opinions on that & that is fair enough but my opinion will not be changed either.

Glue pot.

• Upvote 1

Notice that whilst St Johnstone finished 3 places lower this season than last, they only accumulated 3 points less than 12/13.

Winning the Scottish Cup is obviously massive for them. I wouldn't say it's enough to justify winning manager of the year over the likes of Stuart McCall.

As with goal of the season awards, it is a bit stupid having awards dished out prior to the season's end, especially when there's so much more still to be decided.

Do fans cheer louder when they win the Scottish Cup ?

My first cup final was 1976 League Cup and the euphoria was no less than

any of the times i've seen us win the Scottish cup.

• Upvote 3

No & I didn't say that but the actual feeling of winning the Scottish cup, or the league title (afterwards especially) is far better than the League cup.

Anyway I'm getting off this side of the argument because as far as I'm concerned you simply cannot compare which of these cups are better to win.

The only point (as far as I'm concerned) that is actually debatable is the MotY award & who is more deserving & It is very close between them but Wright shades it imo for his side being decent right up to the very end of the season. Thus the reason the award shouldn't be decided weeks before the season is finished.

No & I didn't say that but the actual feeling of winning the Scottish cup, or the league title (afterwards especially) is far better than the League cup.

Anyway I'm getting off this side of the argument because as far as I'm concerned you simply cannot compare which of these cups are better to win.

The only point (as far as I'm concerned) that is actually debatable is the MotY award & who is more deserving & It is very close between them but Wright shades it imo for his side being decent right up to the very end of the season. Thus the reason the award shouldn't be decided weeks before the season is finished.

Winning ECWC beats everything i have seen us win, then the league titles and then the cups, not fussed

which ones, an honour is an honour.

Wright did well, no doubt about it but on reflection, the turnaround at AFC since his appointment was enough to pip him.

It's all about opinions though and you are entitled to yours.

• Site Sponsor

Hopefully we will win the Scottish cup next season and the youngsters can let us know if it felt better than this year.

Winning ECWC beats everything i have seen us win, then the league titles and then the cups, not fussed

which ones, an honour is an honour.

Wright did well, no doubt about it but on reflection, the turnaround at AFC since his appointment was enough to pip him.

It's all about opinions though and you are entitled to yours.

Agreed with all that but as you say it's personal opinions & mine is that Wright pipped McInnes over the line (if the award is given when it really should be).

I will add though that the League cup has always been the lowest honour since they done away with the Hearts sixes cup.

As a whole though, McInnes has had a tremendous season, even though we did fizzle out at the end like a damp squib

Hopefully we will win the Scottish cup next season and the youngsters can let us know if it felt better than this year.

Had we won the Scottish cup over Utd this season it would have been streets ahead of beating ICT in the League cup & only a fool would disagree with that.

St's have had their day now though & I'm glad that they have & hopefully it will be our turn again next season.

The Scottish Cup is a better trophy to win than the League Cup.

But it is not any harder to win.

Therefore, in terms of managerial achievement, the 2 are equivalent.

As has been pointed out, Saints finished lower in the league than they did last season. We finished 6 places higher and comfortably ahead of them.

McInnes is the better manager and more deserving of the award.

So there.

And here endeth the debate.

Well. It should have done...

But it is also debatable which is the better manager though.

McInnes was left with no clue what to do against St's in the semi & Wright had the better of him tactically.

McInnes has certainly had the better of him overall this season there is no denying that however but the Semi still hurts at how much he failed. 88 mins before making a change???

McInnes is the better in the media as well for sure.

There is not a lot between them as to which is the better manager over all & in all honesty I'd give it to McInnes (mostly down to his articulateness though) but this season I fell Wright has just pipped him at the end.

McInnes also signed over half of Wrights Final winning side but Wright is the one that's gone out & done the business with them at the end of the day.

There's a gnat's ball hair between them but I'd still have McInnes over Wright as our manager any day even with all that said.

• Site Sponsor

Had we won the Scottish cup over Utd this season it would have been streets ahead of beating ICT in the League cup & only a fool would disagree with that.

St's have had their day now though & I'm glad that they have & hopefully it will be our turn again next season.

Tommy, that's me and you fools then. Ach well had to get found out sometime eh?

Tommy, that's me and you fools then. Ach well had to get found out sometime eh?

Only if you would have preferred winning the League cup against Caley over winning the Scottish cup against the Jutes. If that is your preference then you do fall into that category but that is only my opinion, so don't take it to heart too much.

We win a cup and suddenly some of our fans think we've "won the wrong one!" :clangers2:

Imagine the outrage if we won the Europa League. "Oh but it's nae the Champions League. If I had a choice...." FUCK OFF.

Read the thread again before making BS statements

Nobody is complaining about wining a cup.

Oh & FUCK OFF! yerself afterwards