Zola Leaves Pittodrie

His contract was cancelled. With a year to go means he would have had a hefty pay-off, which could have quite a hit on the budget for next season.

McInnes can't afford another of these mistakes.

You're a right bundle of joy on here just now. Would you prefer to have kept zola and not bother with boyd, were he to be the replacement?
  • Upvote 1

But with any luck the details of their contracts might make it that we haven't paid very much at all... I'm not a lawyer but employment law for a freelancer, they still can be performance managed out of clubs... You're a striker, you haven't scored goals, we've performance managed you out of the club, here's 3 months pay...

You could be on to something.

Dazza Mac & Leon Mike to front up, a no win, no fee advertising campaign

You must not have used it properly so it was taken from you until you promise not to abuse it again kelt. Ps gas man episode of bottom was on bbc 2 last night. You're right it was v funny.

Pps I realise that has nothing to do with Zola leaving

My tuppence worth is he was a truly dreadful player and am really glad he has left. Hopefully he will sign for a fellow premiership club so he can play against us in future.

Think Zola is lucky Aberdeen had a good season last year. Otherwise he would have got dogs abuse as he may have had more chances and promptly been utter shite.

Instead we had a decent season and I will just look back on Calvin Zola and laugh at how bad he was. Cult hero.

zolamain_1833006a.jpg

Great photo.

Pikey bastards.

I can't imagine Zola been on as big a wage as some seem to be suggesting. He played for Burton before signing for us and I Doubt he'd have been given a large increase when originally signing for us. Del Boy did the right thing moving him on. I assume it what a mutual decision.

Maybe employment law is different in Australia, but the key word is "contract". In this country, whether it is right or wrong an employee has some protection under the law. Unless there is some gross misconduct, the contract has to be honoured.

Not scoring more than 3 goals could come under that.

Maybe employment law is different in Australia, but the key word is "contract". In this country, whether it is right or wrong an employee has some protection under the law. Unless there is some gross misconduct, the contract has to be honoured.

Do you not think there has been some form of agreement between both parties?

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Both parties can come to an arrangement. Nothing in employment law to stop that. He might be happy to go away with nothing as his agent has something lined up or he just wants to play every week.

But you could equally look at it this way...

"Mate, you're not in my plans, at best you'll be on the bench for the remainder of your contract... So what I propose is letting you go with 3 months pay and as it's pre season you're much better placed to go and find a new club"

Now any lazy arsed cunt could quite happily sit around and do fuck all as contracted, but I'd like to think that AFC would be smart enough now to have some get out of contract clauses, so that they can at any point in the contract decide to terminate the agreement with immediate effect with an agreed fee... So "if" we paid him 3 months, then I actually see that as great because it means we've saved paying him the remaining 9 months of the contract he has... Money which can go elsewhere, hopefully to obtain a far better proven striker in "pasty hunt" Boyd...

Round of applause all round as far as I'm concerned - he won't have been paid full contract, guaranteed.

In the market of players we operate we're always going to get some who don't turn out as we thought they might. McInnes has done what others for almost 20 years at pittodrie have not and has acted quickly to sort it out. It's only a positive as far as I can see.

I'd rather we paid 100% of his wages than have him sitting on the bench, using our facilities and having to pay him win bonuses or appearance bonuses if/when he does get the fleeting appearance.

So even at 100% pay off, I doubt we'd have to pay for appearance/win bonuses, so in the long run it's a better option.

I'd rather we only paid a smaller percentage mind you!