I really think Costa Rica can get a result.

Beat Scotland, like.

Indeed. I was there that day. The most melted I've ever been in mi puff.

Freckles on my erms were sliding aff into a heap on the fleer. Smoke emanating profusely. Was something like 19 shots to 2 in Scotland's favour.

The Swedes were laughing like fuck at us.

But then we beat Sweden. Then they were fucked by Costa Rica too. :-)

I think I've od'd on football, am not watching the last match, have big brother taped. :cool:

24 last night, the president got blown to fuck by a drone missile in the middle of Wembley stadium, I was so fucked on drink and sleep deprived I may have imagined it, need sleep.

No more spoilers please. Some folk are saving their 24 enjoyment until AFTER the World Cup. FFS.

I think I've od'd on football, am not watching the last match, have big brother taped. :cool:

24 last night, the president got blown to fuck by a drone missile in the middle of Wembley stadium, I was so fucked on drink and sleep deprived I may have imagined it, need sleep.

Aye, hush we the 24 chat please

#prayforheller

I don't mind the English.

Their media, however....

Its the media I hate as well (have worked with English and even stayed there a few weeks and they are fine)

but for a country that keeps claiming we are in this together/better together we get the raw deal with regards football and please do not give me this pish they have a bigger population

because if we are supposed to be all one then why do we get bombarded with English cricket and our football gets a 5 second slot at the end of the 55 minutes of English football.

You're the last person I would have had down as anti English. :checkit:

I've lived and worked in the Midlands, loved it and the people, I want them to do well.

I love England and the people but there's no fuckin way I want them to do well.

I lived in England for about 6 years, most of those in the midlands! I love the place too... some of the best years of my life there! However, I got slaughtered down there, particularly by the lads I played football with. If it wasn't the 'Scottish Pub League', they'd be tearing into me about the national teams latest embarrassment. The only time I got a word in was once every two years, when England made their traditional early exit from the Euros/World Cup. It was glorious for those couple of days!

I enjoyed the banter though, the rivalry is fun... it's what football is all about IMO. There is little point in following the game without it... unless your only interest is objectively; 'the beautiful game as an art form.'

I haven't seen last nights games yet... but fair play to Suarez, after undergoing knee surgery just a few weeks ago, that is an incredible effort. I won't see the game till this evening, but how did he look? How far off full fitness did he appear?

I'm still holding out some hope that England can sneak the second place. I've had my eye on an England vs Colombia round of 16 match-up. There is something that's less satisfying about seeing them slope out of the tournament after two narrow losses. I wanted to witness them being on the receiving end of an absolute mauling! Given how comfortably Chile beat them at Wembley, I think Colombia would have destroyed them.

Fuck off min, I've lived there for too many of my years too, fuck me some of them are relatives. But I still want them to lose, hurt and die. Why? Because they are English fucking bastards, each and every fucking one of them.

Think you might have misinterpreted me... it's not like I'll be cheering them on against Costa Rica per se. I was just hoping the Colombian would get a shot at them. That would have been brutal.

Fuck off min, I've lived there for too many of my years too, fuck me some of them are relatives. But I still want them to lose, hurt and die. Why? Because they are English fucking bastards, each and every fucking one of them.

Well said that man! I lived down there for many years and whilst I don't totally hate them as a race of people, and despite having English parents, I cannot stand their football team. They are arrogant and misguided beyond redemption.

I have no time for Uraguay however was rooting for them last night. They aren't out yet. So long as they are in the tournament, even if it is on a prayer, I won't be able to fully enjoy it.

Indeed. I was there that day. The most melted I've ever been in mi puff.

Freckles on my erms were sliding aff into a heap on the fleer. Smoke emanating profusely. Was something like 19 shots to 2 in Scotland's favour.

The Swedes were laughing like fuck at us.

But then we beat Sweden. Then they were fucked by Costa Rica too. :-)

What I remember most vividly is that Jim Bett spooned a free kick over the bar. He looked a shadow of what we were used to expect from him.

You're the last person I would have had down as anti English. :checkit:

I've lived and worked in the Midlands, loved it and the people, I want them to do well.

Put the rod away just for a few minutes eh? It's boring. :rolleyes:

Suarez wasn't noticeably unfit in my opinion. He played the whole game (almost) at a high tempo and looked as sharp as ever. It came as a surprise to me because I felt sure he'd be affected by the recent surgery or the lack of games but not a bit of it. Hero. And his overstated celebration was just amazing.

Put the rod away just for a few minutes eh? It's boring. :rolleyes:

Suarez wasn't noticeably unfit in my opinion. He played the whole game (almost) at a high tempo and looked as sharp as ever. It came as a surprise to me because I felt sure he'd be affected by the recent surgery or the lack of games but not a bit of it. Hero. And his overstated celebration was just amazing.

Suarez could arguably be the best player in the world or at least certainly one of them. He had two chances and scored both. 31 goals in the English prem despite the fact he was suspended for the first 10 games. Brilliant player.

Feel the results England have had at this World Cup aren't quite a fair reflection on the games preceedings. Both games they had great spells of possession and if it hadn't been for poor finishing, it could have been a different story. Italy and Uraguay just took the chances they had with some clinical finishing. Some are suggesting this is the worst England side ever however I would disagree. Individual talent is not as strong as in previous England sides however they are a better team. I actually feel Sterling and Sturridge are Englands two best players and that the rest of the team is very mediocre. They have been very unfortunate thus far however they are still not out of it and a big win against Costa Rica could see them through.