Commonwealth Games

It's all getting a bit children in need charity begging like, wonder what the queen thinks of her poor subjects, maybe be shamed into giving up a palace or two...aye probably not.

Canada wearing nice tartan trousers. mon the Canucks. :)

I so wish they'd stop the come on eeen, ffs, and the dogs, what's that about.

All the talk on social media tonight is a) how cringeworthy it was and b) the whole north east didn't get a mention.

I have tickets to the boxing, now I'm thinking I can't be arsed with weegies. Horrible folk. Even Alan Brazil was blabbing on TalkSport this morning about how they're the friendliest people in the world. Bollocks.

The idea of having a 'Commonwealth Games' seems ridiculous these days. What is the point? Total non-event IMO.

I was watching 'highlights' of that cringeworthy opening ceremony through my fingers this morning! I was pretty bleary-eyed, but I'm pretty sure I saw that gay American fellow from Doctor Who bursting out of a massive green kilt? Surely not?

A poof and a lemon singing cliched pish about Scotland :clangers2:

Let's not forget they were also banned from demolishing slums as part of the show.

That did not represent Scotland, it represented weegieland.

I would have sent inflatable Haggi into the crowd and had people handing oot drams for all the crowd.....and wee rendition of Braveheart,Balamoray and Taggart

Seen clips on the news that was bad enough. Tunnocks teacakes, Irn bru, Haggis and the Loch Ness monster how very original.

Surely we have some great history and culture that we could present to the world rather than some poofy cunt and some fat rug muncher.

Bear in mind the Commonwealth Games is the Eurovision of the Sporting Calendar...the opening ceremony fitted the shitness of the event.

In terms of relevance and importance, I'd rank the Commonwealth games just below the Harry Ramsdens Challenge Cup/Petrofac Training Cup, or whatever it's called these days.

Glasgow is hosting what is basically the minkers games. The Olympics are the next step-up.

They should have an elite thing that is above the Olympics. Where steroids and performance enhancing shit are actively encouraged. Rupert Murdoch could televise it and call it the Champions Games. Ab'dy would have to get a sports channel to watch it. It would be the same folk playing each other every time and would become boring and shit, but we'd still pretend to like it because the commentators tell us it's the best thing in the world 5 times a programme.

• Upvote 1