Commonwealth Games

Went to the athletics yesterday.

Fuck me it was boring.

The Park & Ride didn't work.

Load of shite.

I'm going to stick with Football.

Extra 700,000 people in the city yesterday, surprised they were pushing road transport so much.

Went to the 7s all weekend and thought it was excellent.

Everyone's having a great time. :)

I watched the South Africa New Zeland match last night on the tele. Was pleased SA won. Cecil Afrika is the boy.

Yeah they were brilliant. Best performance at ibrox since that last time we beat them in about 1943.

Barbados on the other hand were atrocious. I am pretty sure they just picked 7 random folk that didn't qualify for any other event and went ta da our rugby 7 team.

Enjoyed the athletics this morning. Got a much better seat after my originally purchased one had a giant scoreboard plonked on it. Had never been to an athletics event in my puff and can honestly say I enjoyed it more than my most recent trips to Hampden. Had a lovely wee old lady in front of me with a wee Tupperware box with 2 nectarines and a tangerine in it. She didn't sing doe a deer once and gave me a splendid dirty look when I good naturedly booed the announcement of an English athlete. Turns out you do not do that at the friendly games. I bought my wee girl a Clyde mascot and my good lady( well me really) a mug. 22 bucks for them which was a wee but steep.

I was at the rugby 7s on sunday night, I enjoyed it. I liked how the crowd cheered all the "wee teams".

It was pleasing how run-down and dirty Ibrox looked - all the stadium cladding etc is bogging, how very fitting. The toilets were a disgrace, but then the whole place stinks of piss anyway.

I am not convinced some of the teams involved had a full grasp of the rules, but, hey-ho, they were enthusiastic enough.

The crowd was full of "really enthusiastic-type people", never usually seen at a sports ground, who would have clapped and cheered anything you put in front of them. Someone could take a stinking dump on the pitch, and there would be wild applause.

The huns were milking it - it was a full 30p more for a 400ml plastic bottle of slop (heiniken) than it was at the SECC. The incompetent caterers filled the fridges once at the start and then, when empty, just sold everything straight out the box for the rest of the event.

I hated the "entertainment" between the games. "kiss cam", "air guitar cam", "dance cam" in the crowd etc - what balls. I find that kind of thing stressful, we are not all lurid exhibitionists. And the karaoke - God spare us.

With all the daft games and carry-on, at times I felt I was on a hen night or something. It makes a side-show of the sport. Just fuck off and let us enjoy the sport.

The area round Parkhead is so much better now, they've taken the slums away and built nice family housing, if that was down to the games then fair play. I've hardly watched any of it but what I've seen has been a credit to Glasgow and Scotland, credit where's it due folks. Walking back from the final to the city centre I was amazed at the changes.

I was there the week before the games and you could feel the vibe, I like the place, outwith the football teams Glasgow is not a bad place.

• Upvote 2

The joy on the faces of everyone who Usain touched, and Bolt interacted with a HUGE number of the crowd tonight.

This man is a beautiful human being, spreading joy to everyone.

Some champions and talented sportsmen are so far up their own arse, they forget who pays their wages.

Yes you need to be ruthless and single-minded to reach the top.

That doesn't mean you have to be a total cunt to everyone by default.

Fucking excellent. Love the man because he loves man... or loves humanity to be precise.

I love loads of women but I love men like him, positive personalities with huge talent and big hearts.

Fuck the Commonwealth Games and fuck Glasgow.

Sooner this pish is over the better.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, what an utter bag of shite this games have been, BBC have been using it as an excuse not to show the sort of TV we pay our licence fee for and instead show the hurdy gurdy islands attempt to break the 3 meter knitted scarf record on 3 channels non stop for 11 days ................cunts.

• Upvote 1