Commonwealth Games

It was twee. The first 20 minutes were pretty clumsy. I felt it focused on the past/clichés too much rather than looking towards the future.

Rod was mince. SuBo was mince. Amy as ok. Nicola was good as always.

Felt it could've been a bit shorter but UNICEF raised over £2.5m last night so it's all good.

Great organisation, getting there, in and out and home again was remarkably easy.

Main gripe is the quality of the food/drink at the venues - good chance to show off and we're using some really shitty catering firm and Heineken/Bulmers.

You tell me, he's your husband.

He's Glaswegian.

is he fuck, his parents are from here, he is a y(w)ank.

He only got the gig on account of his deviant sexuality, same as the equally talentless karen dunbar. (she is meant to be a comedienne - but her repetoire is limited to pulling a single 'funny face', and it isnt even that funny).

Glad I didn't watch that embarrassing shite.

Vote No.

is he fuck, his parents are from here, he is a y(w)ank.

He only got the gig on account of his deviant sexuality, same as the equally talentless karen dunbar. (she is meant to be a comedienne - but her repetoire is limited to pulling a single 'funny face', and it isnt even that funny).

Glad I didn't watch that embarrassing shite.

Vote No.

He's from Mount Vernon. Don't particularly care for him either way but he is a weegie.

Seen clips on the news that was bad enough. Tunnocks teacakes, Irn bru, Haggis and the Loch Ness monster how very original.

Surely we have some great history and culture that we could present to the world rather than some poofy cunt and some fat rug muncher.

You would have thought so, but then our reliance on obese, semi-retarded talent-show winners - as well as 1970s english pop stars - betrays otherwise.

That was mind boggling. Bit of a shambles by Glasgow. Blowing up thon flats might have been a good idea after all...

Subo isn't all there, it's a shame putting her under all that pressure, she done well to get going again though. He was shiting herself and talking nonsense being interviewed before the Timmy quarter-final, nevermind singing in front of a billion* people in the Tattie Bowl.

*Official Tattie Bowl attendance last night.

I heard SuBo forgot the opening words of Mull of Kintyre.

Its like forgetting the opening words of Jingle Bells.

Why would she want to sing jingle bells its not xmas well not here anyway

maybe in Glasgow as there will be lots of free presents in the teams village when they are away competing for their countrys

Well I am a convert to the games, after the appalling / offensive opening ceremony threatened to turn me right off.

I was at the boxing at the SECC last night - it was excellent. Seating for about 2,000 and very busy throughout. A very ecclectic audience from across the Commonwealth - Australians, Canadians, Nigerians and Kenyas were among the more prominent / boisterous groups of non-Scots spectators. And there were couples and families etc, not just men. Some were singing / chanting and had flags etc - it was great.

It was a constant procession of 3 round fights - it was organised very well and very slick in operation: so the crowd has constant entertainment, no long delays. They had big screens up for information and highlights etc.

Whats more the temperature in the arena was quite comfortable and not the sweat-box I had feared.

it was a really great atmosphere, especially when a Scots boxer met a Welshman early on in proceedings. The Welshman was rank rotten and a shitebag to boot. He must have spat his gum-shield half a dozen times in the 3 rounds. Things became a bit narky in that particular contest and there was lots of booing the Welshman, for his antics and attitude. The Scot deservedly won to great applause. To be fair to the Welsh guy, his opponent was the first Scot to feature and so got a great reception - maybe he was a bit unnerved by this.

I was pleased they were not using head-guards. The refs were perhaps a bit over-onerous, but better that than too-hesitant.

One fight was stopped on a cut after a clash of heads (I had seen more blood when I last killed a fly).

I saw another TKO, but that was a "no mas" event, the guy clearly had no appetite to continue.

The one genuine stoppage was when someone was blown away in just 40 seconds, he wanted to continue but the ref felt he was unsteady on his feet (he was).

The catering was pretty shit, £4 for a plastic bottle of heiniken slop. Pffft. The food was mostly all burgers and chocolate (right up we weegies street lol) which seemed strange for a sports event. They had some sandwiches but they were expensive.

I didn't see the last hour as we were leaving to go for dinner.

I didn't see the next Floyd Mayweather or anything, but obviously the quality will improve as the tournament progresses. I insisted on going on a night where no women boxers featured (a hideous spectacle akin to dog fighting or something).

All in, a very enjoyable evening out - even the wife throroughly enjoyed it (to both our surprise).

Well done to the boxing organisers and competitors!

Edit =- next up for me, Rugby 7s at Snake Mountain (I will see if I can block the toilet or something, as an act of anti-hun sabotage)

Well I am a convert to the games, after the appalling / offensive opening ceremony threatened to turn me right off.

I was at the boxing at the SECC last night - it was excellent. Seating for about 2,000 and very busy throughout. A very ecclectic audience from across the Commonwealth - Australians, Canadians, Nigerians and Kenyas were among the more prominent / boisterous groups of non-Scots spectators. And there were couples and families etc, not just men. Some were singing / chanting and had flags etc - it was great.

It was a constant procession of 3 round fights - it was organised very well and very slick in operation: so the crowd has constant entertainment, no long delays. They had big screens up for information and highlights etc.

Whats more the temperature in the arena was quite comfortable and not the sweat-box I had feared.

it was a really great atmosphere, especially when a Scots boxer met a Welshman early on in proceedings. The Welshman was rank rotten and a shitebag to boot. He must have spat his gum-shield half a dozen times in the 3 rounds. Things became a bit narky in that particular contest and there was lots of booing the Welshman, for his antics and attitude. The Scot deservedly won to great applause. To be fair to the Welsh guy, his opponent was the first Scot to feature and so got a great reception - maybe he was a bit unnerved by this.

I was pleased they were not using head-guards. The refs were perhaps a bit over-onerous, but better that than too-hesitant.

One fight was stopped on a cut after a clash of heads (I had seen more blood when I last killed a fly).

I saw another TKO, but that was a "no mas" event, the guy clearly had no appetite to continue.

The one genuine stoppage was when someone was blown away in just 40 seconds, he wanted to continue but the ref felt he was unsteady on his feet (he was).

The catering was pretty shit, £4 for a plastic bottle of heiniken slop. Pffft. The food was mostly all burgers and chocolate (right up we weegies street lol) which seemed strange for a sports event. They had some sandwiches but they were expensive.

I didn't see the last hour as we were leaving to go for dinner.

I didn't see the next Floyd Mayweather or anything, but obviously the quality will improve as the tournament progresses. I insisted on going on a night where no women boxers featured (a hideous spectacle akin to dog fighting or something).

All in, a very enjoyable evening out - even the wife throroughly enjoyed it (to both our surprise).

Well done to the boxing organisers and competitors!

Edit =- next up for me, Rugby 7s at Snake Mountain (I will see if I can block the toilet or something, as an act of anti-hun sabotage)

Was it on today as well? I'm bored of it now. I'm sure you are all displaying the glitz and glamour of the commie games to the back of beyond in the vain hope that they won't all find it equally boring. Good luck with that. x

Fucking squash!

I am loving the commonwealth games and am very proud of our athletes' performances. I have been hooked watching sports like judo and couldn't help thinking how great it would be if the women were not wearing vests/ t shirts under their judo suit (is it called a suit, I don't know). It was the same at the Olympics I was engrossed watching sports that I would not contemplate watching normally (squash, judo and weightlifting being three examples). It's been brilliant hearing flower of Scotland so many times. I am going to the athletics at Hampden on Monday. No finals or medals at stake but it beats working. Will be nice going there not feeling nervous and with nothing at stake.

Re the earlier debate over becky adlington. How immature you lot are !

Anyway, of course I would. Goes without saying getting between those shapely toned thighs would be an absolute joy. Only people with a very low sex drive would not think likewise :)