Champions League

Didn't know where to put this. Here will do.

I see the Herald are reporting an issue with Forres Grade 1 Linesman Douglas Ross who despite being Tory party justice spokesman thingy in Holyrood and despite him being required at some blah blah debate about justice decided he'd take the night off and go and run the line for Sporting Lisbon vs Real Madrid instead. This tells me several things. Firstly I'll state for the record that I've met Dougie and for a Tory and Councillor and linesman which you would think is an absolutely poisonous mix he's a'right (although he did miss Brown fouling Hayes off the ball right in front of me a month or so ago. Cunt).

There are a number of issues.

1/ Lisbon Real versus legal blah blah. No debate to be had there like.

2/ Politicians and Herald journalists expecting him to choose the latter. Ha ha ha ha.

3/ Lack of judgement. If you're going to throw a sickie, stay at home and play xbox. Don't appear on prime time tv reffing a CL match. Just a suggestion like.

4/ Priorities not least given that you are an elected official. Unfortunately I fear this is where young Douglas might come unstuck.

Shame. It makes a change knowing his background instead of the usual - Referee today is Billy Orange from Mason Street or Micky McFlaherty from Parkhead Way.

• 3 months later...

Their player recruitment has been poor over the last 10 years compared to their rivals.

Sanchez obviously pick of the bunch, Ozil not bad...but the rest? Hardly champions material.

They have others that are good; but not enough improvement from most of his past purchases.

They hype around Sanchez is unbelievable considering they used to have players like RVP, Henry and berg lamp.

You'd think Alexis was messi or dombody

I'd always rated Wenger highly as a manager mainly based on the style of football they play but over the long term for such a big club they've really underperformed in terms of actual achievements. The reality is they've won little of note since George Graham's defence retired/moved on.

I see Man City v stoke is live on sky, whilst there are champs league games on. I thought this wasn't allowed, and was why the hibs - hearts replay couldn't be shown?

Because the FA are willing to pay the fee, while the SFA aren't. Simple as that.

I see Man City v stoke is live on sky, whilst there are champs league games on. I thought this wasn't allowed, and was why the hibs - hearts replay couldn't be shown?

Premier League will not face punishment from UEFA over Champions League fixture clash

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-confident-avoiding-sanction-9983647

Stupid rule in the first place but on saying that the EPL are a law unto themselves.